Honored Contributor

Re: “2022”~Everyone, Please Join Us!

Good morning!

Had a busy weekend with our family. We celebrated Saturday at a local restaurant our 40th anniversary with our sons, DILs & grandkids. 

Yesterday I bought the ingredients to make a broccoli cheddar soup for today. This is a NYT recipe. 

I also bought the cheapest kitty litter I could find to dump into the seller's old paint before I bring it over to the recycle center. The remaining litter will go to one of our sons who has a cat. 

This week will be as usual busy -- a heating service company will come to service the heating system before we turn on the heat. 

I still want to make the apple spice loaf. If I get time today. 

Hope you have recovered @catwhisperer

Enjoy your visit with your sister @SleeplessinSD 

@MariotaMurielle  hope the storm (Ian) coming towards FL doesn't affect you. 

@viva923  how do you like the new steps?

Have a great Monday.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hello all

super busy today

getting booster #4 moderna in half hour,later all

Respected Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hello all

super busy today

getting booster #4 moderna in half hour,later all

@viva923 ...let us know if you have side effects from the shot. A friend of mine had a booster last week and was very ill for two days. That's what I am afraid of. I don't do well with vaccines.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

HELLO ALL

catwhisper, dh and i got that newest booster for covid it is the mix of old booster/ new booster in the shot.

so far no side effects. we got the shot at 430pm today.

not much else.later guys

Respected Contributor

hi all.

if the hurricane goes as predicted it will be far enough east to not cause us any problems. the rest of the week is supposed to be really nice here.

on another post someone told me about a charity that accepts some types of lightly used makeup, so I did some purging today and have a box ready to mail. I had 3 tubes of (still in the box) Bobbi Brown lipstick, 6 compacts of barely touched blush and some eyeshadows, never opened hair products, etc.. it's called Project Beauty Share, if anyone is interested.

we need to replace the stove in this house and I'm having a hard time finding what I want. the stove we have now is a smooth surface stove and it has a lot of problems. I don't know how old it is but it has quite a few chips, dings and deep scratches on the surface of the glass ( or ceramic?) top. sometimes pots tend to kind of slip around on it, which is pretty scary when a hot pan starts sliding. I really don't like it and would prefer to replace it with a range that has coil type burners. but apparently the smooth top stoves must be what people want these days because I have found very few coil type stoves online to choose from. I've look at all the usual websites (Lowes, Home Depot, Best Buy, etc) and we have gone to a couple of the local stores and they have nothing but smooth surface stoves. can someone suggest somewhere else to look?

sending blessings to all.

here's a Pike county sunset.

have a peaceful eveing, y'all.

C42A80D5-838F-4796-B4C6-1215CB5C8448_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hello all

very nice day here coolish, breezy sunny day.

not much going on here, just got a call from my new GI doct office (my old gi doc retired),anyway, i could not remember half my surgeries, or my meds, will have to get a list going so i have a complete list come thursday

saw my foot doc yesterday, seems i picked up a huge blister on bottom of large toe, why this happened even my foot doctor was puzzled. my toe is gauzed up with band aids and adhesive tape.

not much else,later guys

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MariotaMurielle  Is your cooktop electric? I'm assuming it is. Is it a range? 

We have an electric cooktop from KitchenAid. The oven is on the opposite side of kitchen & its a combination convection microwave on top with convection oven below it also from KitchenAid. 

Before we moved in, I started to clean the cooktop & was having no success with the usual cleaners such as Fantastic. One son recommended to me Weiman's Glass Cooktop & Polisher solution found in the cleaning aisle of the supermarket. This worked really well to remove the baked on stains. It works with a soft cloth or paper towel, some elbow grease & it takes off the stains. If you briefly turn on the burner, apply a small amount to the burner that helps a little too. Don't keep the burner on too long, just enough to warm the surface. I think it softens some of the grease to make removal easier. 

I was also looking at electric coil cooktops in case, the current cooktop was in salvageable. 

Model I looked at was Whirlpool WCC31430AB -- 30" black top. Comes in white too. 
I also looked at KitchenAid -- same size as one we had in case I wanted to replace with the ceramic glass top again. 

There are induction models now but if you don't have cast iron pots/pans, it won't work for you. 

I was able to restore the cooktop to spotless (yes, it became a mission to clean it up). I am still getting used to the variable temperatures. Making broccoli cheddar soup yesterday was a slight challenge. I didn't have to resort to moving the pot to a cold burner until the original burner dropped to the proper heat. 

The ceramic glass cooktops really make cleaning spatters a breeze. I still miss our gas range. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

F747DF09-3F1C-4D55-BCC4-1276C6E4C017.jpeg

~H~
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom, yes, it is electric. I wish we had a gas stove but this house is all electric. I've never had a smooth surface stove before and I really don't like this one. it is a slide-in range with the burners on top (not a separate cooktop like yours). another shock has been the prices. we bought a nice Whirlpool range about 6 years ago and the prices I'm seeing now are sometimes almost twice as much (or more) as we paid for that one.

it's about 15 degrees cooler today with much lower humidity  and it's pretty breezy. I sat out on the front porch with a cup of coffee this morning, listening to our porch ghost howling faintly, watching the tall pines swaying back and forth and enjoying the beautiful day. it's the first time I've done that since we moved here because it's been so hot until today. I think the only thing the hurricane is going to do here is give us very pleasant weather. it's going to be tragic for parts of Florida, though, so I'm keeping them in my prayers.

sending blessings to all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Good Evening,

My sister left today. She volunteers at a hospital and was scheduled to work tomorrow. We had a great time, as usual. It seemed like it went by so fast, though. I miss her already. Her life is much busier than mine, so she was content to mostly relax out back in our patio. We had fun doing our nails here, too,  instead of going to the salon. We did get out to do a little shopping at Macys and Sephora. Cheesecake Factory was close, so we stopped and had lunch. I'll see her again next week. We're having a get together at my older sister's house with just brothers/sisters and my two sister-in-law's. Should be fun..

@MariotaMurielle , good luck deciding/finding the stove you like. @JustJazzmom has some great suggestions and knowledge I'm sure will help. I'm so glad you missed having to deal with the hurricane too. My prayers are also with Florida, and all those in it's path.

@JustJazzmom , Happy 'late' 40th Anniversary wishes! 

@viva923 , I'm sorry to hear about your foot. Sounds painful. Good luck on Thursday's doctor appointment.

@catwhisperer , so good to hear you're feeling better. Love seeing you here!

@Hayfield , I have Mums in containers and get some new ones every year. I've thought of planting them. Do yours do well and rebloom each year? Enjoy your Fall weather!

Good Night Everyone!

~H~