Honored Contributor

Re: “2022”~Everyone, Please Join Us!

Good Morning!

@MariotaMurielle , bless your brother...I'd have brought that sweet cat home too. Beautiful pictures! 🐱 🐶 

@catwhisperer , I know how much you enjoyed sitting out on your balcony. I hope you're able to do it again soon!

We celebrated my DH's birthday as planned yesterday. We had a light drizzle in the afternoon, but that was all.  It was just our son and DIL, since our DD is now in AZ, along with our DGS. And, of course, our granddaughter is back at school. We watched football and ate too much. Our son barbequed, and I made him his favorite Devils Food cake. DH was very happy. It was a relaxing day, but I woke up tired, so today we have nothing planned.

I hope everyone has a good day whatever you have going on.

873EA37D-ACE5-47F1-8A28-5E6AB749EF70.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

Good evening! We had son, DIL & GSs over yesterday. EP is 8 months old now & is sitting up without support. A very happy baby.

His brother amused himself by playing with the Brio trains & all the tracks. He took home a signal light to add to his set. 

We ordered out lunch & I made an onion dip with light sour cream using Penzey's Chip & Dip Seasoning. Their suggestion to use 2 Tsps. to 1 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt I felt was too little. I added 2 Tbsps. & that tasted like onion dip. I served it with sliced mini cucumbers & baby carrots.

I remember my Mom using a package of Lipton's onion soup mix to make onion dip. 

Had a very busy Sunday. Made French toast for DH & I drove to the north of Boston to do a return to a JCPenney. It took longer to get there than come back. 

Having leftovers tonight because I am tired. Painter returns tomorrow to work on window trims & places he wood puttied. If he has time, he will paint the laundry room. 

Have a relaxing Sunday everyone. HB to Mr. Sleepless, sounds like it was a perfect celebration.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

That adopted kitten is so sweet. We're at the halfway point of two solid days of rain. Our rain gauge is over three inches already.

Honored Contributor

hello all

JustJazz i remember that onion dip (sour cream-instant onion soup mix) made it for guests for dinner my mom would do for extented family gatherings, or football games gatherings.

cloudy,did normal chores, did morn walk

bob the builder is back i hope he gets these steps done before he leaves for 2 weeks. 

not much else.later guys

Honored Contributor

hello all

JustJazz i remember that onion dip (sour cream-instant onion soup mix) made it for guests for dinner my mom would do for extented family gatherings, or football games gatherings.

cloudy,did normal chores, did morn walk

bob the builder is back i hope he gets these steps done before he leaves for 2 weeks. 

not m

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom , I always have Lipton Onion Soup mix on hand. I'll use it as a seasoning at times while cooking and, still make dip with it. I've never heard of Penzey's chip and dip mix. I'll look out for it. Years ago, in the late 60's when I got married, I first learned to make a pot roast using canned cream of mushroom soup and Lipton Onion Soup mix put on top and baked in the oven. Always tender, moist, and the gravy was delicious. Sounds like you had a great time with your DGS's. Baby EP already sitting up alone..how cute is that?!

DH got gift cards for Home Depot, so we're headed out soon to look for a new leaf blower. We have an old one that you plug in, and I think we may get one that is battery operated. Our yard isn't that big, so it may be all we need.

Waving Hi to Everyone!

F6EEE04B-37E4-4FBB-9BF3-9C9F6E0B7BEC.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

i have no idea why it is happening on this thread i get double postings. sorry for this oddity

Honored Contributor

Good evening all! A busy day here! Painter finished all the touch ups, painted the laundry room & reset the strikeplate on the MBR door. It now latches correctly. Strikeplate was facing the wrong direction. It wasn't a matter of reversing it. Part of the door needed a shave to align with the doorknob. He hung the 2 mirrors over my dresser. He used something called French cleats which are 2 pieces of metal that hook into each other. One piece goes on the wall & the other goes on the item to be hung. Then the mirror or canvas piece hooks into the stationary metal on the wall. It also prevents items from 'swinging or shifting' when you dust the item. It's a lot neater than two picture hooks & heavy wire. 

Had my annual physical today. Had bloodwork drawn ahead of time but 2 important tests weren't done. Before I left the office,  the bloodwork was drawn. I will find out results within 48 hours.

This is a new doctor & my husband & I both like her. 

@viva923  Hope your steps get completed before the contractor goes on vacation. 

@MariotaMurielle  Your fall wreath & the new kitty look wonderful. Is that your dog laying with the kitty? Will it be checked out by a vet? 

@SleeplessinSD  I had planned to sleep later tomorrow, but painter who is a neighbor in the building will hang a canvas painting on the wall that he removed that golf ball design sometime tomorrow. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

it was a beautiful, rain-free day today. the humidity was much lower and it was a bit cooler. even the love bugs weren't swarming  everywhere, so we took 2 long wagon rides with Ezra around the end of our cul-de-sac.

@JustJazzmom, that kitten was one that my brother found on the road. the dog in the photo is another one of his rescues. he adopted him from a shelter the day before he was scheduled to be euthanized. he smelled so bad but he was so sweet, so my brother just affectionately named him Stinky.

@SleeplessinSD, my DH wants a battery operated leaf blower too. hope your DH finds what he wants.

the dentist office finally has my crown in. I need to call them tomorrow and schedule an appointment.

sending blessings to all.

here's a Vicksburg sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

B25B049F-4B4C-4217-A742-D78011EE8680_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

HELLO ALL

not to much here today

bob got 1 of the 4 railings for steps placed,he said he would try to come back today to finish up if not than tomorrow. he is out trying to find a suit for this wedding he is attending in florida this weekend.  he won't get paid till all 4 railings are up, 1 is done.

nice day today still on humid side but winds will shift and humidity will go down throughout today. will reopen up once humidty goes down.

dh made a knee doc appoint for his bad knee for wed tomorrow appoint. hope he gets his shot in the knee for another 3 yrs of painfree feeling. arthritist is the main problem in that knee

not to much else. later guys