Honored Contributor

Re: “2022”~Everyone, Please Join Us!

We got up and out early to run some errands and pick up some groceries. Our son and family are coming by for dinnner tomorrow night, and I'm making tacos. Food prices where we live have really gone up and just a few things added up quickly. The heat and humidity is sticking around, so we spent the rest of the day doing a few things around the house. I hope everyone had a good day..

@LTT1 , so nice to see you stopped by. Sounds like you're keeping busy. You know we miss you!

@MariotaMurielle , I'm sure cleaning and fixing those vents so they face properly out into the room makes a big difference!

@JustJazzmom , I'm so glad you were able to attend your grandson's birthday party. I don't think your vegetable garden will be the same without your TLC!

Good Night Everyone! 😴 💤 

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here today

ultra humid today

morn walk i came soaked dripping wet

did normal rituals

did hang out clothes

my yard is filled with round holes that are perfectly round dug into ground. called pest man we have,he said to send picture to him to see if he can identify it if he can;t he will send us to someone who can help.

anyway,that is all,later guys

Honored Contributor

A89DBCFD-917B-42AC-9675-12B69E75F8A7.jpeg

Good Morning, I stopped reading a while ago. I don't know why because it was my escape, and I enjoyed it so much. I'm ordering one that was recommended called The Housemaid by Frieda McFaddon, a psychological thriller with a supposed shocking ending. Can't wait to get it!

Everyone have a safe, happy day!

~H~
Honored Contributor

my yard is filled with round holes that are perfectly round dug into ground. called pest man we have,he said to send picture to him to see if he can identify it if he can;t he will send us to someone who can help.

anyway,that is all,later guys

@viva923  Sounds like you have cicada wasp nests. Is the soil bare of turf grass? They make holes in the ground, go and paralyze a cicada, drag it into the hole & lay its eggs on it. When they hatch, they have a food source. They are the only natural predator of cicadas.

Does the hole look like this? 
87B04CA6-C4F0-4B87-8B86-8C5AC9BB9240.jpeg

@MariotaMurielle , when the painter comes this month, I need him to reverse a few vents here as they are blowing towards the windows in 2 areas & they should be blowing into the room. He'll correct this when he's painting.

Today the elevator is out of order in our building & if it's not fixed soon, will have to cancel an important diagnostic test being done for DH today. Our previous family physician is out this week & his NP will be out as well. So much for getting an Rx written properly & sent to a pharmacy here by us. I had to use telehealth visit with the new physician up here. I don't see her until mid September. The telehealth physician was different from the one I intend to see. 

Nothing new here except I did get the marriage certificate from our former town. So now I can get the real ID at the end of the month. 
Yesterday we went out to get some legal papers notarized. Good thing we didn't wait a day!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

JustJazzMom, dh says that does look like the large hole, there is NO grass where the holes are,just dirt.

my pest man says it looks like toad nest openings.  

we have no idea what these holes are wait and see what happens next.

thanks guys for your help in trying to solve my holes in the ground 

later

Honored Contributor

hello all

really not to much here today

did normal clean which was small piece today

sat in my chair till wash was done, looked on weather map for showers, hung out clothes,went for morn walk.

went to bed about 10pm'ish, could hear banging sounds in distance, getting closer, we had a nasty thunderstorm that was in and out of here in minutes.

very humid today little if any wind.

ok guys later

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

DD's MIL was supposed to have baby E yesterday but her daughter went into labor a week early and had her baby Monday night, so we kept him. it was a rough day because he wasn't feeling well. he had a little fever, didn't want to eat and was very fussy. not like his usual happy little self at all. he also had a couple of unexplained little red spots on his face and I was concerned it might be the start of a chicken pox rash. DD messaged his doctor who told her to just watch him, that it is probably just a URI but to let her know if he develops more of those red spots or his fever gets worse.  DD says he's feeling much better today and no fever. also no new spots. hopefully whatever it was will pass.

today is dentist day! I'm getting a root canal and a temporary crown. I've never been so happy about a root canal Smiley Happy

@SleeplessinSD, I'll have to investigate that book. I'm always on the lookout for my next one. right now I'm reading a series of British murder mysteries involving an ex MI5 agent-turned-small village Anglican priest.

BBL

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here

semi cloudy today, not sure if we will get rain or not.

did normal chores, did do morn walk, wore a gallon size plastic bag around my bad foot. we had rain overnight puddles are on the roadway where i walk daily, plus the grass is nothing but water dropplets didn't want my foot to get wet.

have my return doctor appoint today with my foot doctor. see what happens today.

not much else.

semi cloudy today not sure if we will get rain today, no hang out of clothes.

oklater all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon! Got an email saying elevator was fixed but wasn't aligned with the floor when it came to a stop! So it is out of order again and the vendor was called this AM around 8 to come back to do it right!

Meanwhile, I walked down 5 flights to the basement this morning to get our tires rotated and that was completed. DH will have to cancel his annual physical appointment because of the elevator not being fixed.

When I came home I saw the vendor was still not here at noon. Sigh.....

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom , OMGoodness...you've really had a workout. I do hope that elevator gets fixed soon. Have a great rest of the day!

@viva923 , I heard it's your DH's birthday...wishing him a very happy day!🎂🎈🎉 Best of luck at your doctor appt. today..

@MariotaMurielle , poor little Ezra..I hope he's continuing to feel better. How'd your dentist appt. go? I've had root canals on both front teeth. While it's no fun, it's worth it all once you get your beautiful new crown. Good luck!

27DFDDF3-C75E-4948-A32B-2A94165AEEE3.jpeg

~H~