Respected Contributor

Re: “2022”~Everyone, Please Join Us!

SISD--How is your niece?  You might have mentioned how she's doing and I missed it.  Are you getting together with your children today for Father's Day.  

MM--So sorry to see the sellers did some damage when they moved out, usually the agent will hold out some money in escrow in case something like that happens.  Moving is so much work!

JJM--Good luck with the sale of your house.  I'm sure the buyers will be locking in an interest rate, so you should be OK.  Going forward, who knows what the interest rates will do but the housing prices have gone up so much, that prices may very well fall soon too.  

Viva--Sorry about your car but a least the neighbor let you know and took responsibilty, sometimes they don't.  

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today

did normal chores

clothes on lines outside

full sunshine

cool and ever so comfortable

ok later guys

Respected Contributor

@Hayfield, Ooooo Michael McDonald. he has always been one of my favorites.

I didn't think it would take me very long to sort out our master closet, but I was so wrong. I did some rearranging and decluttering a few weeks ago, but today I found things I had completely forgotten about and overlooked so the packing continues. we have the final boxes of breakables loaded in my car and DH's truck is full of other stuff for our trip tomorrow. we're taking a huge cooler full of things from the fridge and the freezer so we can get prepared to turn them off before the movers come.

I did a ridiculous thing today. I was walking across the yard toward the house and when I got to the sidewalk I somehow got the toe of my sandal caught on the edge and fell face down on the concrete. I was a little stunned but was able to roll off the very hot sidewalk onto the grass. thankfully DH was in the garage and heard me calling for him. I cracked one front tooth and chipped the other, busted up my mouth and nose and skinned the heck out of the palms of my hands trying to break my fall. really, I'm lucky that was all the damage I did. I hit the concrete pretty hard with my face and I'm surprised I didn't break my nose or knock my teeth out. DH says I look like I had too much filler put in my lips Smiley Happy

so, that was my day. thank goodness for Advil, I can already tell that's the kind of night I'm going to have.

here's a Batesville, Ms sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

C0A6A7F8-920B-4342-926D-4F7649AA1963_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good evening! A happy Father’s Day to all the Dads. We had all the kids over for a brought in lunch. Our little one was/is a happy fella. Was always smiling at me. Our oldest grandson was quite happy playing with the Brio trains we moved up with us. I made a raspberry spoon cake for dessert. Grandson was happy we chocolate ice cream. EP is starting to teethe. He was gnawing on his right side his spit up cloth. He just turned 5 months about a week ago.

One of our sons hung today a large canvas of a scene of a Paris street scene that we had in our dining room before the garage remodel. The entrance door eliminated that wall area. It’s now back on a wallpapered wall in the new dining area.

There is an interested buyer — a young couple with 2 small children. The home inspection was done yesterday. Inspector discovered some non grounded outlets — not sure where — finished part of basement along exterior walls? And evidence of old termite damage. The house was treated 35 years ago, never had a problem since that initial time & we need to contact the company we have the termite contract with to get a certificate of treatment to present to the mortgage bank. Hopefully not too expensive. The couple had their parents & a grandma there who loved the backyard. Of course they would with the roses & peonies in bloom right now!

Have a great night!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

busy day for me today

did normal chores

did morn walk

hung out clothes

take my car in on thursday at 11am for estimate on car repair stuff

then i got an email from my gyn doc office i owed them money. seems medicare no longer covers this service for us,to keep older ladies coming back they eat this non paid cost medicare refuses to cover,they want women of our older age to go yearly to doctor for checks to make sure we are still ok in that area. so they just write off this non paid medicare bill. 

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle  Oh dear having that fall sounds awful. Hope you can fix the teeth soon! I hear ya about forgetting something to pack. When do the movers arrive to move your possessions? Will they unpack the boxes for you as well?  My GF and her husband who moved into the next county over had a local company move them but opted not to have them umbox their possessions.

We still have a few boxes to go through but a brief inventory look shows we have everything.

I counted how many bags of clothes will be donated-- 15  tall kitchen garbage bags!  Most of the clothing was 1 size too small or out of style. We certainly had a lot of storage in our house!

Spoke with termite control company today and set up an appointment with a technician and the realtor this Wednesday. Hopefully all that will be needed is a piece of paper from them saying there is no active termite activity, so the mortgage company will be satisfied. 

Tomorrow I am making a cherry glazed boneless pork ribs I have the spice rub on the ribs but need the cherry preserves so I can make the glaze. Maybe I will serve it with sweet potato fries. The spice rub I put together is in an airtight jar from 2 years ago. It smelled fine.  Of course I decided to make this recipe after I came back from one supermarket. 

The raspberry spoon cake was very nice with the vanilla ice cream. One of my sons doesn't like raspberries so he just had ice cream.

Hope the estimate to repair isn't too expensive @viva923 .

Good evening all!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We celebrated Father's Day with a barbecue in our backyard yesterday with our kids. it was nice to all be together. Our kids bought the food. I bought a strawberry rhubarb pie from Marie Callendar's for dessert, my DH's favorite. The weather was beautiful, so we spent most of the time outdoors.

We had an incident somewhat similar to @viva923 . We had gone to the market for a few things Friday morning. When we got back to our car, their was a note on our windshield. Someone had witnessed a car hitting the side of our car. The note said the car didn't stop but that he had taken a picture of the car with the license plate. He left his phone number. We looked and there was a dent with a good size hole right above our back tire. We called when we got home, and the witness was a policeman off duty! He emailed all the information he got and said he'd be glad to help any way needed. Of course, we thanked him and were so grateful. Long story short, we got in touch with our insurance gave them the information we had about the car. We have since learned, it was a woman who said she didn't think she'd done any damage. She admitted to not leaving any information and driving away. She has that USAA insurance. The police also got involved, as it was determined to be a hit and run. We're still dealing with it all and will be getting estimates. We're so lucky that someone took the time to get involved and help.

@viva923 , yes, @Hayfield  is so right. You were lucky and it was very kind of your neighbor to take responsibility for damaging your car. Good luck with the repairs.

@JustJazzmom , hopefully, there's little or no damage with your termite appt. on Wednesday. Sounds like you had a great time Sunday with your family. Baby EP five months already and teething...how cute is that! Also, good luck with your interested buyer. Of course, they love your backyard! 

@MariotaMurielle , oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your fall. Thank goodness your DH was nearby to help you, and I'm so glad it wasn't worse than it was. Still, I'm sure it's painful and you'll have to deal with some dental work too.This is such a busy time for you. I hope your friends helped with moving things to your new house as you mentioned. Take good care of yourself, and I hope the Advil's helping.

@Hayfield , you're keeping busy, as usual, but  we've missed you! My niece's daughter, Abigail, had her second round of chemo a couple weeks ago. She's doing well, so far. They'll be doing some tests before her next round to see how things are progressing. She did have to cut off all her hair. My niece said it was a very emotional time for them all. Your girl's trip sounds like it was so much fun. I love the Doobie Brothers!

Good Night to Everyone...

~H~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SleeplessinSD, sounds like a great family gathering for Father's Day. thank goodness for that off duty police officer witnessing the car side-swiper and making such a thorough report.

@JustJazzmom, the movers won't be unpacking things, just moving things. we have several very heavy pieces, including DH's gun safe which probably weighs 3 or 4 hundred pounds. I would rather unpack our things but there is no way DH and I could pick up and move our heavy items.

my brother and his friend who owns a big flea/antique market came over today when we got back from another trip to the new house. they brought a heavy-duty dolly with them to load up our butcher block table. miraculously, he and his friend and DH managed to get it out of the house and on to the trailer. so, off to the flea market it went. hopefully it will find a new home soon. I still can't believe they were able to move that monster.

DH is taking very good care of me. more parts of me are sore today than yesterday. for the first time ever, he had to help me put my bra on because my ribs and shoulders hurt. since my hands are bruised and skinned up and I can't bite anything with my front teeth, he's been cutting my food up into small pieces for me Smiley Happy . I'm grateful for him and Advil.

I'll have to wait until after we move and the dust settles to find a dentist in our new area.

this too shall pass.

here's a Pass Christian sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

E044DAFB-CFAE-4ED5-B2D3-4757130689E5_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hey all

MM glad your other half was around to help you recover from your fall, wow that was a whammy fall.

just got clothes into the dryer, showery weather heading towards us will showers hit ??? don't know to close to call, put them in dryer to finish drying

sheet day for me, sheets did dry folded and put away

did normal chores,did morn walk

not much else

Honored Contributor

Good Morning,

A16E89D3-8D0D-41C6-ABB9-C456468EF48D.jpeg

~H~