Honored Contributor

Re: “2022”~Everyone, Please Join Us!

[ Edited ]

DH is checking for a movie to watch. Thought I'd try and catch up for a few minutes while he's looking. It's been so hot and humid here. We finally turned on our AC. We went out for a bite a little while ago. It's cooling down some now. I hope everyone's enjoying the weekend.

@AuntG , We don't have a loft with stairs (sounds so nice!), but our garage sounds like yours. Builders definitely took extra time and effort with it. I need to pull out some 4th of July decorations soon. I have a lot!

@MariotaMurielle , I'm sorry you have to make those repairs on your new house. Do you think some happened while the sellers were moving out? Did you have a final walk through? I don't know what the process is nowadays. It's been so long since we moved. Anyway, how nice of your realtor to offer to pay. I hope your thunderstorms have passed through..

@JustJazzmom , I've thought of trying EBay but never have. You have great luck finding things you need and like..

@viva923 , I'm curious to hear what your PCP thinks of Voltaren. Does it seem to be helping you?  I have severe arthritis in my knees.

AA02F53A-3322-4B76-82E9-B97C26A324B7.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

Good Sunday morning! 
We had a busy Saturday here! Our middle son came by with his dog & helped us with some things around here! He helped put up the paper towel holder for me in the kitchen & hung my Laundry Rules plaque in our laundry area. He moved a small dresser in the 2nd bedroom so DH could maneuver better. 

He connected our computer, speakers & printer so we are back to printing out important stuff. He fixed the latch on our wall unit door, so now it closes properly. I will return the one I bought at local hardware store. I will get more paint swatch samples too so we can figure out what color to paint the living & part of the dining area. I already chose colors for the master bedroom and 2nd bedroom. 

I must have tossed the DW manual thinking it was the seller's old DW manual. So that got printed out. I had the quick start directions, but wanted the actual manual. He moved some items so they are behind the sofa & loveseat & our sofa you can now sit on it. 

@MariotaMurielle  That is a shame your agent had to pay for some repairs. Escrow usually helps if it's seen before closing at walk through. 

Still a headache....

Son took all the boxes away that we have gotten in mail, past 2 weeks. He will dispose of them at his place. 

He helped me check out the light fixture in the walk in closet. It's a little brighter in there because I cleaned the globe. I may want to locate LED equivalents -- 2 60W bulbs are there now. He also helped figure out some of the light switches, went to a split outlet. I may color code the light switch with the coordinating outlet. I'll take a punch hole & cut a hole through those colored stick on discs that you see for pricing at garage sales. 

That's all the news here. In a week or so, middle son will help me bring those clothing bags to a Goodwill which is in the next town over. 

I had to order from Amazon the jr. sized paper coffee filters because both supermarkets in town are out of stock on them. We also needed a mouse pad because the mouse doesn't work too well with the glass on top of the desk. Of course I donated about 3 old mouse pads a few months ago. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

Sleep that Volatern is working for my foot. rub it on 2x.s a day (you can do it up to 4X's a day AND NO MORE THAT 2 SPOTS ON THE BODY AT ANY ONE TIME. that is in capital letters and underlined in instruction. my foot feels so much better,at least  pain has subsided,granted a pinch every now then but nothing like what it was. I see PCP tomorrow at 320pm see what he says about it containing insaids ingredients go from there.

not much else 

did normal chores,

did walk

showery weather has subsided for now,threat still there.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

hey all

real quick,

just all services back lines cut again.this road construction company is plain _+(_+*_&)^)^))^_&**+^Y AND then some,they are awful.

later guys

Honored Contributor

Sleep talked with doctor today about Volteran, he said it is OK to use .I am on aspirin therapy so he stated I should not use it more than 2x's a day unless necessary. try it small tube,runs about 12 bucks or so see if it helps. rubbed on my foot tonight really took that edge off.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 , thank you for the information. Our son's out of town with his family or I'd have checked with him. I think I'll buy a tube to use when my knees are really bothering me. I have arthritis in my hip too. I'm glad you're getting some relief. 

@JustJazzmom , wow! You had a busy weekend. What would we do without our sons?🙂  Ours does so much for us, too, especially with help in our yard.

We went out today and ran some errands. On the way home, we stopped for gas. It was over six dollars a gallon out here! Thankfully, we don't do a lot of driving unless we go out of town which isn't often. This will last for a while. My heart goes out to those that work, struggling to make ends meet and having to fill their tanks often. I hope everyone had a good day..

Waving hi to all our friends...good night!

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

Sleep, it really stressed in the instructions, DO NOT USE IT on more than 2 SPOTS ON BODY at one time.  my foot is all i use it on, the way it was stressed kind of unnerved me to use it carefully.

not much today

had thunderstorm roll thru this morn, have had spotty showery weather this morn,did get walk in.

was attacked by a dog again.that lady who lives several small blocks from me (I think she is the daughter living with the mother) has a small dog that just bears its teeth and attacks,the collar for the dog is too big so the dog just slips away when it wants too.kept the dog away from me by my umbrella it has a large spike at top of umbrella.

ok guys later. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi all. I got back from DD's this evening.

we have movers coming next week and we have a lot to do. I'm hoping for a good night's sleep tonight so I'll have the energy to start again tomorrow.

@SleeplessinSDand @JustJazzmom , to be honest, we didn't even think about a pre-closing walk through because everything looked so good when I saw the house and our agent didn't mention it, so it wasn't done. we didn't know until we got to the closing that the sellers were in the midst of a very contentious divorce. we were told this after the woman showed up and signed her papers and then left but the husband wasn't there. that's when the title company person told us that they didn't want to be in the room at the same time so they arranged to come at different times to sign their papers. the patched/spackled walls were just the result of the seller removing the pictures from the walls and then neglecting to repaint, but I'm envisioning some kind of wild altercation that caused the bashed in shutter (just kidding Smiley Happy ) but, who knows? of course, they could have just broken it trying to take furniture out through the french doors.  but it was pretty tacky to just remove it and put it out at the street with the trash and never say anything about it at closing.

@SleeplessinSD, do you still use the Old Goats lotion on your knees? my ortho surgeon is a runner and he said he uses Volteran on his knees.

sending big blessings to all.

here's a Vicksburg sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

B7B2D8A8-7A9F-41F3-9710-C0E93224B308_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone!

Incredibly busy with household things. I made a chicken salsa verde the other night & yesterday was taco Tuesday! Haven't made these 2 things in a  while! 

I visited the local hardware store for more paint swatches for our living & dining area. I bought 2 Minwax touch up stain markers for our furniture. It wasn't damaged by the movers, I forgot to have the packers pack this stuff or forgot to add it to the tool box. Anyway, one marker when I went to use it was defective. The sponge end fell into the pen & I was unable to pull it out. I did get my $ back, no questions asked. 

Minwax was no help either, suggested using tweezers to extract the sponge. Only problem with that was the opening was too small for the tweezers to grasp it! 

Still getting used to where things are in the 2 local supermarkets. Visited a local liquor store & was able to order 2 Marie Brizard cordials -- Triple Sec &  Apry, an apricot brandy. That works very nicely as an Apricot Sour drink. That should arrive tomorrow & they will call me.

@MariotaMurielle  shame the sellers are in a contentious divorce. Maybe the shutter did break from a fight. 

We are waiting to hear back from our realtor about an offer. We understand it's a younger couple. A home inspection is soon to be ordered. The realtor will continue to show the house until a contract is signed. 

The Feds raising the interest rates is gonna cause the housing market to slump. Don't want that! 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

that voltaren is really helping my foot. I use it 2x's a day. can actually walk without much pain at all now. every now/then i do get a hitch in that foot just have to stop relax and keep on hoofing during my walks, been on it about 7 days now and so far so good.

had a pen explode in washer machine. i forgot to take it out of my pocket ,what a mess,had to run a tub clean this afternoon, i wiped down the inside of the washer,looks good, will see what happens with next load.

did grocery shop today, tomorrow is major blood draw for me (yearly stuff) and dh is having his new bridge work installed on front 2 top teeth.

air is on, really got warm and getting more humid today.

ok guys later.