Honored Contributor

Re: “2022”~Everyone, Please Join Us!

hey all

not much here today

delightful day

dh took the old car in for a oil change/some kind of engine flushy thingy that has to be done every few years. that is good till december

he has to tag the car 6 july for 2 years.

lawn man came and mowed today. he is coming every saturday now which out better for us.

ok guys later.

Esteemed Contributor

@viva923, tags for both of our vehicles are due in August. hopefully they'll cost less in our new county. I think the taxes are going to be a little lower there. that's terrible about your neighbor's house. a fire is so scary. I hope she had good insurance.

DH and I loaded all the deck furniture ( a big table and 6 chairs) and 2 very heavy old rocking chairs onto his trailer today. we had those rocking chairs made when we were at Fort Polk 40 years ago. they're made of ash and weigh a ton. thankfully the trailer was several inches below the deck so we were able to lower them into the trailer instead of having to pick them up. 

the back of my car is filled with winter clothes, Choctaw baskets and my antique brass jelly pans. I also added a couple of very fragile glass things I don't want the movers to handle. every time I go I'll have another load of fragile items. DD and DSIL are meeting us there to help unload.

sending blessings to all.

here's a Biloxi sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

35A928C9-DBD7-4DA4-9596-96D162AE214B.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Good Evening, DH takes care of our tags, so don't know when they're due or what they cost, lol! @MariotaMurielle , you've got so much going on right now, it's so good to hear from you.  Great idea to take valuable/meaningful things and clothing to your new place on your own. When we moved here, some of our things were even lost and a few were damaged. It won't be long now, and you'll be spending your first night there. Things will be so much easier. Give sweet Ezra a hug!  @JustJazzmom , thinking of you and hoping your load is getting lighter with the move. I hope those in your family are doing better from Covid..

We heard from our niece. Yesterday was difficult. She has another daughter graduating from 8th grade. Last night, they celebrated at her school. It was a dressy affair. She helped her daughter get ready while her husband stayed with Abigail at the hospital. Thankfully, the chemo treatment is going as well as expected.

we ordered a new sofa months ago and got a call today, it should be delivered by the end of the month. We need to arrange to have our old one picked up before the new one is delivered. Tomorrow, we're going to look for a new coffee table and end table. Hopefully, delivery on those doesn't take as long as our sofa did.

I hope everyone's having a good weekend. Again, missing those no longer posting. Hopefully, they are all doing well, or keeping busy, and they've just lost interest. 

Blessings to you all...good night!

~H~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry to hear of your neighbor's home burning down. @viva923  Hopefully she has found shelter elsewhere. 

@SleeplessinSD  Prayers being sent to Abigail as she starts a 2nd round of chemo. 

@MariotaMurielle  We only carried with us great things of value such as jewelry, important tax papers to our new place.

The movers did everything. Only had a serving fruit bowl & 2 broken wine glasses which Replacements is shipping to me. Missing was a Tupperware cake holder plate with cover. An E bayer in Pittsburgh sent me that & I received it yesterday. Moving company reimbursed us for everything we put on the claim for the cost. I used the EBay & Replacements as guides for the cost. One question was asking for the original price! Who remembers what an item cost 40 years ago? 

We are awaiting a physical check from them. 

Yesterday I ran errands to replenish part of the freezer contents that would have defrosted completely during the trek up. Things like French fries & sweet potato fries & petite peas are back in our freezer again. 

I noticed no frozen diced green peppers but saw diced ones in the produce section. I just moved them to the freezer. 

Certain items not available here such as baby arugula or the brand of stoneground whole wheat bread DH likes. Saw a store brand & purchased that. 

I programmed our car navigator to go into the next town to our bank's ATM.  I had to navigate a 2 lane highway & a few traffic circles. I never would have found this on my own. Hopefully by mid month, our bank will have a full branch opened in the town we moved to. We have watched the barriers go down off of the lot entrances these past few months & now we see window signs on the bank saying: opening soon. I spoke to someone at a physical branch in the next town a few weeks before we moved & the person said 'mid June'. I made sure to take out extra money until it actually opens; definitely prefer drive through ATMs. 

Today we will get out & drive to a Kohl's. We need another bath mat in gray. Our previous one had too much of the rubber matting fall off it despite letting it always air dry. Hopefully this Kohl's will have true extra firm pillows. The ones I ordered over the internet from BB&B were not 'extra firm' as advertised. They are lumpy. Will probably need 2 from Kohl's. I do think the quality of the BB&B brand of pillows has gone down in quality. 

Yesterday evening I organized recipes I had either printed out or cut out into 2 categories for now -- desserts & entrees. That's all that really matters, right? 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today

Sleep,people were commenting on facebook yesterday about 1 person ordered a sofa from lazy boy furniture last year october they still don't have any date of delivery.

did normal chores

hung out 2 loads clothes.

not much else, delightful comfortable today, brilliant sunshine

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

B2D76F36-1205-4D56-B5E1-88B07B0959D9.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

3 appoints this week today is #1, do not know how long this appoint will last,did not hang out,drying on energy saver mode

dryer just sounded.

delightful day here, sunny,cool,so comfortable.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

A busy day here. Went through more of my clothes & put away my maxi dresses. Another kitchen waste bag filled with clothing. Today I decided to make a cherry clafoutis for dessert. I got to use my OXO pit 6 at a time cherry pitter & my KA hand mixer. So it was a productive day here.
☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom , I didn't know what a Cherry clafoutis was, so I looked it up. Interesting, the recipe I saw left the pits in the cherries? It said it had a custard texture. Looked delicious!  I have a hard time finding the right pillow. Hope you found yours!

@viva923 , we ordered our sofa from LaZBoy too! They had actually said we might not get it until the end of Summer, so I guess we're lucky. Good luck with your appointments this week.

DH went to a Padre/Mets baseball game tonight with our DS. I ordered me some Mexican food and am watching some recorded shows. Our weather's warming up. Today was beautiful! I hope everyone had a good day.

Good Night..

~H~
Honored Contributor

hello all

getting more humid outside as day is moving along will be closing up later as heat builds

hung out today not drying well, little wind humidity picking up

did normal stuff today, sheet day, did walk, later guys