Honored Contributor

Re: “2022”~Everyone, Please Join Us!

@viva923  We own an Avalon & we love it. We have owned it for several years & it has been quite reliable. One feature we liked when driving up to our new place is using the variable cruise control because it adjusts to the speed of the car in front of you on long distance trips. We also like the route guidance system too which is easy to program.

Today I went through our bedroom closet & donated clothing DH no longer wears. I also moved items from a single drawer desk to our basement desk which is coming with us. The single drawer desk will be donated. 

We see the realtor tomorrow to discuss details. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

it hasn't rained here in quite a while and it's been very hot. the forecast was for only the slightest possibility of rain,  so I went out and watered the front gardens yesterday.  then you know what happened, of course.  we had one of the biggest thunderstorms we've had in ages and it rained all night.

DSIL will be getting home tomorrow and they will be here tomorrow afternoon to pick up Ezra. we're going to miss the little rascal. he is so sweet. but I have to admit I feel like I could sleep for a week. I don't know what the status of DSIL's mother is with the pinched nerve and whether or not she's ready & willing to start alternating days taking care of Ezra again.

we need to refocus on packing and getting this house ready to sell. if all goes as planned and we are able to close on the new house on the 27th, we'll probably go ahead and move some essential stuff down there and have all the utilities turned on so I can go there and stay instead of traveling back and forth as much.

@viva923, I hope the check engine light is something minor that can be easily fixed. I kept my last 3 cars for 12 to 15 years and hated to part with them. I guess you just have to consider how much money the old car is going to require for upkeep.

sending blessings to all. hope everyone is doing ok.

here's my favorite shrimp boat sunset in Biloxi.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

622640C6-2ECF-4356-83E2-6597613C16A4_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Evening,

@JustJazzmom , nice switch plates. They look a brushed stainless steel? 
@MariotaMurielle , I know you'll miss you're sweet Ezra, but it will be nice for you and DH to recoup. I forgot it's DD's first Mother's Day. I do feel for Moms having to leave their babies and go to work. Thank goodness she has you. So hard to believe he's 7 months already, 

@katte , sounds like you had such a nice time visiting with your kids. So nice hearing from you. Take care..

@viva923 , we have a 12 year old SUV. Our engine light came on and we've had it checked more than once. They can't find why it stays on. Toyotas are great cars. Good luck whatever you decide.

@AuntG , have a great time at your party on Sunday..you sound ready!

we got terrible news. Our niece's daughter, 11 years old, has been diagnosed with non Hodgkin's lymphoma. It's a rare and very aggressive kind. She has three tumors, one in her lung, and two near her pancreas and gall bladder. We're waiting for results on a PET scan done today. She'll start chemo tonight. She's been in the hospital all week. As you can imagine, her parents are sick with worry, as we all are. Her mother hasn't left her side. I really need your prayers for our sweet niece. Her name is Abigail. 
on a happy note, our granddaughter arrived home tonight for the Summer from college. We're excited and will be seeing her soon. 

good night and sending blessings to everyone...

~H~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SleeplessinSD, Abigail will certainly be added to my prayers. I'm so sorry. bless her.

we've had an unexpected change of plans. DSIL arrived in Gulfport from Chicago not feeling well. he tested positive for Covid. DD was going to pick him up this morning and then drive here to get Ezra. that's all changed, of course. he's in a hotel and feeling pretty sick. DD doesn't need to be exposed to it, and certainly neither does Ezra (or us). thankfully DH got his second booster yesterday. I had already planned to do the same sometime this coming week.

DD is here now until Sunday evening. we'll be keeping Ezra another week, then hopefully DSIL will be over the virus. he was at a huge international union convention in Chicago. it confounds me as to why the convention wasn't postponed. there were thousands of people there. no telling how many people got it while they were there (or had it already).

@JustJazzmom, I've been meaning to ask how the grandbaby is doing. he's home, right?

p.s. edited to add: I Googled the convention and saw that it was canceled last year and rescheduled due to Covid. I guess they didn't consider that Covid would still be around.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hey all

we did it,

exhausted tonight

we broke the bank tonight. we got a 2022 RAV 4 toyota, got warrenty coverage from stem to stern all but tires dh said no to that why????? don't ask me,anway, we have new car in park spot

we have to bring it back for car alarm when it arrives,the one that is loud,horn goes off. we figured this will be our last car for sometime,dh is driving back and forth to work, i will keep his 12 yr old car here with me, i just drive around town that is all

the check engine light,they did a diagnosic said it was 3 emissions sensor failures.i think it was time.

ok later guys

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@viva923 two of my neighbors, and a friend, have Rav4's. I'm sure you'll like it. It's so much easier to get out of those than in cars that are so close to the ground.

@SleeplessinSD I'll certainly pray for your niece's eleven year old. That's just too young to be dealing with such a horrible illness. 

Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD  Abigail will be added to my prayers. I will pray for sucessful treatment. 
The switch plates were from Home Depot & are antique nickel which look like brushed nickel. 

Congrats on the new car @viva923 

@MariotaMurielle  sorry to hear SIL has Covid. Hope he gets over it quickly. But you get to enjoy Ezra for a while longer.

EP is home after spending a month in hospital pediatric cardiac care unit. Now at 4 months he will be going in at the end of the month for the Glenn procedure which doctors say is reversible. He's been getting fortified breast milk. He looks really good in photos we've seen. No obvious distress & good color. 

He will be in surgery on the day we are traveling up to our new place. 

Middle son came down to bring up most of our liquids, personal items & jewelry. He helped me take off some resin plaques I had in our kitchen from the soffits above the wall cabinets. I plan to hang them somewhere in the kitchen or near the kitchen.

He is driving back early to avoid the traffic. 

I spent part of the afternoon cutting more dead winter damaged canes off the roses that I missed on the 1st go round. I also removed dead stems or tips from 3 hydrangeas -- Pistachio, a green & pink flowered pom pom hydrangea & Wedding Gown, a double white lacecap & Pee Wee, a white fragrant flowered oakleaf hydrangea. 

Our house will go up for sale on June 1st. I'm sad because I won't see our peonies or roses bloom. I won't see the new one I planted last September in bloom, a lavender rose called Poseidon. I'm going to miss my yellow peony, Bartzella. 

I hope they don't make too many changes to the backyard, by putting in all one type of shrub along the fence line. I mixed roses, shrubs & peonies along that 72' length. And now below the magnolia, the perennials have filled in the bare area seen over the winter. 

Have a good night. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

phone lines down again. unbelievable. verizon was just out here 2 hours ago,he said all was ok, now i lost phone service again.

lost my wifi that came back on.

not much else today. later

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@viva923 , congratulations on your new car! I know you'll love it!

@JustJazzmom ,  hopefully, the new owners will do their best to maintain your beautiful garden and not change a thing. Peonies are my favorite flower. Prayers that EP does well with his upcoming procedure..

@MariotaMurielle , I'm sorry to hear your DSIL has Covid. Of course, the best thing is for Ezra to stay with you. Hopefully, his symptoms are mild, and he'll be able to go home soon. How he must miss Ezra!

the weekend seemed to go be fast, even though, we didn't do much. Thank you all for your prayers for our niece. She started chemo yesterday. She'll have it for 18 weeks. The PET scan showed no new tumors, thank goodness. Her parents explained to her as best they could what she will experience. My niece said, what bothered her most was telling her she probably wouldn't start school in the Fall. She loves school and is active in sports. Also, that she would lose her long beautiful hair. Sad...

Good Night!

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

wow what a morn

3 workmen showed up all with in 3 hour time frame

1.air cond man showed to check out air to make sure it is ready for summer heat,it is a ok,all ready

2.verizon showed up and fixed the problem the guy broke yesterday,he (the guy from sunday) broke some kind of wire inside those outside boxes connected to house,verizon fixed that,back in business again.

3.lawn man mowed today,he does an excellent job

tried to take my walk at 1pm,began to rain quite hard, well cut walk short,home i went, now the sun is out.

my walk was not meant to be today

ok guys later.