Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: “2022”~Everyone, Please Join Us!

hello all

sheet day for me today. 3 loads, 2 loads are down,folded and put away. HOORAY,finally a Tuesday where it is NOT raining, actually got the clothes outside on the line to dry. great day for drying even tho it is nor'east wind. sunny with gusty winds.

not much else. did chores,did walk, last load on line will take them down shortly.

ok guys later.

Sleep doctor check went a ok,all is ok, 6 month next appoint.

Honored Contributor

CA6D41C1-E326-4B40-B5CF-448FF128B8D1.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

Carpet installation went smoothly. Master bedroom carpet looks really nice -- a navy steel blue. 

Tomorrow is travel day back. 

Stopped into local supermarket & added some stuff to our fridge. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hello all

not much today
did normal chores

did morn walk-early one today

hung out all clothes,getting more cloudy-lower wind today

going back into the wet pattern again for another 4-5 days. 

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

Grilled out for the first time this year. I had stained the grilling deck so we waited for it to completely dry before putting the grill back. We are having a party Sunday so I had my hair professionally colored; she did a good job of covering my gray roots and blending the colors. I need to make one more trip to the greenhouse to get some plants for my last four planters. Once they are in, all will be done. Then it's a matter of maintaining my garden and planters.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi friends. I managed to get away for a haircut. I haven't had one in months. I feel refreshed. maybe next week I can fit in a pedicure.

@SleeplessinSD, since it was DD's 1st Mother's Day this has been really hard for her.  she arrived Saturday and left Sunday evening. of course she was in tears when she left. she's never been separated from Ezra since he was born and  he turned 7 months yesterday. they should be here Saturday (maybe Sunday?) to pick him up. I can't remember when DSIL arrives back from Chicago. we've been sending him pics and Facetiming with him too. he's anxious to get back home.

the VA inspector appraised the new house for less than our purchase offer. thankfully, the sellers agreed to lower the price and met us halfway between the appraised value and our offer, so we will pay the difference. the repairs are still in progress and we are scheduled to close on the 27th. hopefully everything will be in order by then.

@JustJazzmom, sounds like everything is going well for your new place. I know you'll be so happy when everything is done. I know I will. this has been pretty stressful, and it won't really be over until this house is sold.

@viva923, as usual, your energy amazes me. you get more  done in one day than I do in a week.

sending blessings to all.

here's a Lake Enid sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

A505614B-12E9-431C-B473-DC9382940879_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hello all

super duper busy day will check in later when i have more time

Trusted Contributor

Hi Everyone

I haven't read all the posts, but I'm working on it.  Sounds like everyone had a nice Mother's Day.  We went and saw the kids for four days.  It was nice to get away and of course see everyone.  DD and DSIL took us out for lunch on Monday at a really good Mexican restaurant.  There was seven of us.  Had a really nice time.  We got home Tuesday and have been busy catching up on rest from the trip.  @JustJazzmom @MariotaMurielle your new homes sound like they're progressing nicely.  How nice.  Our weather has warmed up.  It's going to be in the mid 90s most of the week.  Not too much news.   Got my hair cut before our trip, which always feels nice.  Got Got a few summer blouses.  DD gave me a gift certificate so I had to use it. LOL  DS gave me three new candles, and a really cute crock container for my kitchen utensils and some body wash.  The dogs did well at the kennel, but were sure glad to see us when we got home.  Just finished supper, so now I'm getting into my relaxed mode for my evening shows.  Everyone have a pleasant evening.  Take care.  

Honored Contributor

I changed the switch plates in the kitchen during the carpet installation.

This is what they look like: switchplate 5=13-22.jpg

The tile is bluer than this picture shows. 

Our attorney came by yesterday to collect all our certificates of completion to make copies and a copy of our most recent survey.  The realtor will be by on Saturday to discuss final things and hand over a set of keys so the house can be shown once we are gone.

Our LR TV is pretty much dead. Our middle son will be over to help us next week to move some stuff. Perhaps I can ask him to help me bring up a new TV and just leave it in the living area for the time being.

Today I want to wash our bedlinens in anticipation of moving them. I also have to go through some clothes to determine donation.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

wow what a morn i have had

heavy rain off/on so far today.

going to look at new cars saturday.have an appoint at 12 noon with the dealership we have been going to since 1990.toyota world has some avalons, rav 4,supra,trucks. avalon and rav 4 would be my 2 cars interested in.

my car is 19 yrs old and now my check engine light came on this morn and won;t go off. car dealership can't get me in till tuesday,dh is bringing it over to auto zone this afternoon to run a diagnostic test to see exact what is causing that light to remain on.we got good service out my car is it worth to keep it longer. don't know what we should do.

anyway,not much else.later guys