Honored Contributor

Re: “2022”~Everyone, Please Join Us!

Good evening! Had another busy day here, Had Junk Luggers here to take away various furniture -- children's bedroom furniture, 2 sofa beds taken apart, a wooden toy chest, Fisher Price wooden high chair with plastic tray. Our first grandson got to use what his Dad used when he was that age. 

We got rid of junk too -- shopping bag of shirt boxes, & a shopping bag of plastic air bags. 

Tomorrow I donate vinyl tablecloths that weren't used on patio table furniture. DH wanted to know why we didn't get rid of redwood furniture on patio. Well because it is in excellent condition -- covered every winter & was stained again pre -  pandemic. 
DH doesn't seem to understand that perhaps new owners might appreciate some patio furniture to enjoy for the summer. 

He wants to toss things out. 

Can't wait to move. 

We are up next week after Mother's Day to watch carpets get installed. 
Still waiting on contractor to get back to us along with painter. 

DH now is grousing about needing shades in bedroom in case vertical blinds don't come before we move. I say we hang sheets on some nails if need be, 

And checks arrived with new address but there was a missing hyphen between the 5 digit zip & the 4 digit extension. They are sending with 2 day shipping new ones. 

I did a grocery run to replace some items & returned to Home Depot a dimmer switch that wasn't used. 

Awaiting shipment of nicer looking switch plate covers for kitchen outlets & light switches. Hopefully will arrive before we head back up to our new home for that carpet install. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Evening,

@JustJazzmom , love reading all your getting done. Sounds like there's always something to do and take care of. So much work but also very exciting! Your new place is going to be very well organized. It won't be long now..

@LTT1 , the grands must be getting so big. Soccer and karate..how fun! Will they be on Summer break soon? Yes, everything's so bright and colorful everywhere. I love it! Thanks for popping in. Always good to hear from you! 

@MariotaMurielle , can't wait to hear how all is going with your little guy there with you. Have fun!

@Hayfield , it's been a while, but we used to like going and checking out model homes for sale in our area too. It was fun! Home prices are sky high out here as well. I don't think we could afford to buy the house we live in! I do feel sorry for young home buyers looking for their first house. I think it's this way everywhere. Thanks for checking in!

Good Night Everyone!

~H~
Honored Contributor

hello all

i did try to hang out all the clothes had to be taken down and put in dryer,

it is very humid little wind, very cloudy with that feel of spitty rain but it is not raining. 

down to my last load of clothes to fold

sheet day, been busy around here with clothes

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

hello all

have had some heavy duty rain squalls roll thru since late last night. this afternoon thunderstorms are predicted for us.

did normal chores,did walk early today. have clothes to fold (in the dryer again today),later.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends....have a happy, safe and blessed day.

658454B7-18AA-4A8A-AEAE-7FC9C203E044.jpeg

~H~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I said it was going to be an interesting 2 weeks. this is only day 3 and I know I'm repeating myself, but we are both so tired.

baby Ezra is full of wiggles and squeals and laughs and smiles and bottles and diapers and crying and short episodes of sleep, as we expected. but thank goodness there are two of us. he's still only sleeping 3 hours at night, if we're lucky. DH and I are taking turns napping during the day to make up for the nights. so glad that DH is with me to pick him up and carry him and helping to entertain him.

he's sleeping beside me on the couch so I thought I'd take the opportunity to do a quick check-in.

blessings to all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good evening! Yesterday went to Home Depot to get larger knobs for pieces of furniture we are taking. DH has trouble grasping small items a half inch or less. I bought 20 knobs & 3 of them weren't machined properly. When you screwed in the screw, there was a 1/4" gap between the knob & the drawer. Was able to exchange after checking if the screws went in properly today. 

Also cleared out more household items in utility room cabinet. That stuff will be donated to Goodwill. Was on phone with my 85 year old aunt to ask her if a boxed Baptismal outfit for a boy was hers. We had 3 boys. It wasn't, so maybe it was my brother's? Going to donate that tomorrow to St. Vincent de Paul with 2 crucifixes. Threw out Christmas address labels. 

One of our sons will be by next week or the next to help move personal items -- photo albums, jewelry, picture frames, etc. 

Finally connected with contractor & we agreed that painter will do spackling & painting after we move. They will protect the carpeting. 

We drive up again after Mother's Day next week for carpet installation. Still waiting to hear from vertical blind person to say that the blinds are in. 

We put our house up for sale on 6/1. 

Can't wait to be done. 

Honored Contributor

hello all

busy day for me

grocery shop day

finally got everything put away

not much else.later guys

Honored Contributor

I was up early because the Shred It company came by to collect 2 boxes of papers to shred. 

I spoke with Kohler this AM to ask about the correct sink to obtain when we need it. I dropped more household items to Goodwill this AM & stopped in at a plumbing supply place for a toilet seat for the new place & tomorrow they will have the trip lever for a toilet we intend to buy up there at a Lowe's.

Lowe's is out of stock everywhere for that trip lever. So I got it at the plumbing place. Now all I have to do is get one of our sons to pick up the toilet! Then I can get the plumber back to install it & remove the non chair height toilet. 

Visited the Italian themed supermarket to pick up 2 jars of black olive tapenade & some Stonewall Kitchen jams. Might not be able to get olive tapenade where we are going, & the jams were cheaper than from the Stonewall website. They are known for their jams in New England.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning, I'll be busy later, so I thought I'd stop in now. Our DGS is flying out here tonight. Our son will pick him up at the airport. Our DD will be coming tomorrow sometime. We'll be getting together here Sunday, so I need to get out for a few things today. If I don't get the chance later, I want to wish everyone a nice Mother's Day weekend whatever your plans.  @JustJazzmom , things seem to be coming together little by little. You amaze me at all you continue to get done and do. Take care! @MariotaMurielle , I'm so glad you have your DH there to help with Ezra. Rest when you can. Watching little ones is a lot of work! Keep that heating pad handy!

Waving Hi to Everyone!!

~H~