Esteemed Contributor

Re: “2022”~Everyone, Please Join Us!

I had a great birthday.. thank you for all the kind birthday wishes.

I'm going to DD's this afternoon and will be there until Wednesday or Thursday. DD's in-laws told them on Friday that they don't want to keep baby Ezra anymore, that it was "too much of a burden". needless to say that left DD and DSIL in shock and at a loss as to what to do. day care is too expensive and since his mother originally volunteered to keep baby E until we could move there (then we were going to alternate weeks), they had no back up plan. DD has her father's lack of filter when she's hurt and angry. she called them and told them exactly what she thought of them.

unless we think of a better arrangement, I'll be doing this until we get moved. it will not be easy but it's ok. DD and baby E are more important to us than anything and we'll do whatever we can to help. maybe we'll find a house soon and can move there in the very near future.

later, friends.

blessings to all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

@MariotaMurielle .....wow. I am speechless.Cat Surprised I don't blame your DD for going off on her inlaws.

I made the red beans and rice this morning. Delicious! I used some smoked sausage that I had in the freezer.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle , wow! I can see where watching a new born might be more than expected. As grandparents, they could have at least said they'd help with babysitting until other arrangements could be made. Like maybe waiting at least until you moved out there? I don't blame your DD one bit for speaking her mind, and something like this will be hard to get past. Sad. Thank goodness she, and sweet baby Ezra, has you and your DH. Yum, that red beans recipe sounds so good!

We watched our son's two dogs here over the weekend. They got a new puppy a few months ago. So cute, but very active and into everything. We're just not used to it and couldn't wait for them to get home. Max is feeling much better. The vet said he had arthritis and gave us pills to give him twice a day. He'll be 11 years old, and the vet said every day from here on with him is a gift..

I hope everyone had a good weekend. 

~H~
Honored Contributor

hello all

not much today

kite flying weather today, gale force winds, i hung out clothes today hope they dry.

more rain due in later evening about 7pmish maybe before,maybe later.

ok guys later.

Respected Contributor

Good Afternoon--We had a nice weekend, played golf with another couple and dinner after on Saturday, yesterday, we tried to take a bike ride but the winds were really strong.  I was going to play pickleball this afternoon, but those darn winds are at about 20 mph, can't play when it's that windy.  I did manage to get an afternoon appointment for a pedicure though.  I hope everyone has a great day!

MM--Wow!  I can't believe DD's inlaws backed out like that.  I don't get it, they had to know what taking care of a baby entailed and if they forgot, the least they could've done was said they'd watch him until you moved there.  It sounded like a perfect set up too, taking turns helping out with the baby.  I'm sorry that you all have to deal with it.  

SISD--So glad to hear that Max is feeling better, yes, everyday is a gift with Max, big dogs don't  have the same life span as little ones, give Max a big HUG for me!  

Esteemed Contributor

hey there. baby E is sleeping so I'm doing a quick check in.

I know that taking care of a baby is a lot, but at least they could have given DD some time to try to make other arrangements.  they could have at least waited until we could get moved, or as I said, given DD some warning.

we'll get through this somehow. DD's health is at stake, she doesn't need all this stress. and of course little Ezra needs to be taken care of by someone who doesn't resent his presence.

meantime, I have bottles to wash Smiley Happy

BBL.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

I'm not defending the in-laws @MariotaMurielle but I think they may have forgotten that caring for a baby is difficult. What I found easy peasy at 30 is much harder at 60. However, they should have given at least a month's notice. Day care is expensive, but a lot of people have no other option. I think DD should offer a mild apology saying she was blindsided by their announcement and spoke without thinking.

Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle , double ❤️'S on your post. Give little Ezra an extra hug for me!

~H~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG ....with all due respect, I understand your point of view, however, I do not agree that DD should apologize for anything. She was suddenly blindsided and left in a bind with no warning. She does not need that added stress due to her health issues. If anyone should apologize, it should be the inlaws. Just my opinion, which I am not afraid to express.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

hey all

that baby sitting item is always a touchy subject.

the in laws should not have agreed to watch the baby full time UNLESSthey were going to carry thru.i know they thought they could handle the stress,but as anyone knows the stress of caring for an infant is unreal. Heck just sitting for my grandkids that are 8-9 yrs old is unbelievable. for me what the inlaws should ahve done is get a day care payment for 1 or 2 months for new mom so she can look for new babysitters.

what mom said she said in anger, but she is stressed to max,that is exactly like swimming up stream and no way to get home.she has to figure out in a matter of 30 seconds OK what do i do next. she has regroup,reload,move out , MM is helping new mom get fixed up till new mom can find a solution for this babysitting issue.

this is why I never voluteer for anything like this, sitting here/there is one thing NEVER FULL TIME EVER. i got caught in this trap some 30-40 yrs ago,opened my big mouth said i would do some sitting for a bit, it wound up to a full year of having this kid at my house and watching my own 2, was stressed to MAX LEVEL. finally i just told the mom, i can't do anymore, gave her 2 week notice and she found someone else to watch her kid.the other item i got caught in was

yes, i will watch your child while to go to the doctor office. 12 hours later she comes to pick up the kid. what the heck happened. i got all my chores done,running around,lunch with friends, just had a leisurely day ,this was before CELL PHONES,so no way to contact the mom, i was so upset, so worried, what in the heck do i do if this mother never comes back. that is when i said NEVER EVER AGAIN.

OK guys

did chores,

sheet day,hung out clothes, drying wonderfully.

ok later guys