Respected Contributor

Re: “2022”~Everyone, Please Join Us!

@MariotaMurielle    

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

hello all

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MM

not much here

did chores,walk, did hang out clothes today, began cloudy but sun did come out,good north wind today.

later all

Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  It was a busy week, played golf twice and pickleball twice.  Today we're heading down with "the gang" to a wholesale Italian food store, they are only open to the public on Thursday & Friday and only take cash.  We're going to dinner afterwards, so we'll take coolers to keep what we get cold until we get home.  Nothing special planned this weekend but may play golf tomorrow.  

Respected Contributor

SISD--Sorry to hear about your DS's scare with the tests.  People are human and make mistakes but it doesn't make us feel good when they do.  

MM--"Happy Birthday", I hope you had a wonderful day!  DH and DS have birthdays at the end of the month.  Sorry you didn't get the house, house hunting is no fun that's for sure.  

JJM--It sounds like everything is going well with the process of moving, bit by bit you'll get there.  Good luck with the contractor.  It's really hard to get someone reliable where we are.  I think it's because the area is growing at such a fast pace,too much demand, it took me a long time to get someone to do my bookcase in the den.  

Honored Contributor

hey all

did heavy duty chores today, got that accomplished.

did morn walk

clothes in dryer today, not a good day for drying, very cold here today and not much wind.

did morn walk

not much else, later guys

Respected Contributor

@MariotaMurielle ....how do you make your red beans? I have tried making them, but they came out very bland tasting.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here today

did a mess of chores today

dug out some super buried stuff out of the shed,that was a chore in itself.

did small walk today.

not much else.later guys

Esteemed Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@MariotaMurielle ....how do you make your red beans? I have tried making them, but they came out very bland tasting.

had to check with DH. there's no actual recipe but this is what he said:

spicy venison sausage. ours isn't super spicy/hot, but just a little kick. if you can't find venison, just a regular sausage with whatever level of spiciness you like will do.

2 cans of dark red kidney beans, mash about 1/2 of one can & leave the rest of the beans whole. this helps thicken the sauce.

diced green bell pepper and onions

cook sausage (cut into one inch chunks) in large frying pan, remove to drain on paper towels. if the sausage renedered a lot of fat you can remove most of it, but leave a little in the pan.

cook the bell pepper & onion in frying pan in sausage fat.

add the sausage back to pan along with beans w/juice.

add dash of worchestershire, dash of hot sauce (depending on how spicy you want it)

small amount of salt ( the sausage has some salt in it already). pepper to taste.

a few shakes of Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning

FA647BEC-F050-4CA2-B125-A5D32DD7BFED.jpeg

turn heat to medium-low and let simmer for an hour or more. stir in a pat of butter just before serving.

we eat it over rice.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

@MariotaMurielle wrote:

@catwhisperer wrote:

had to check with DH. there's no actual recipe but this is what he said:

spicy venison sausage. ours isn't super spicy/hot, but just a little kick. if you can't find venison, just a regular sausage with whatever level of spiciness you like will do.

2 cans of dark red kidney beans, mash about 1/2 of one can & leave the rest of the beans whole. this helps thicken the sauce.

diced green bell pepper and onions

cook sausage (cut into one inch chunks) in large frying pan, remove to drain on paper towels. if the sausage renedered a lot of fat you can remove most of it, but leave a little in the pan.

cook the bell pepper & onion in frying pan in sausage fat.

add the sausage back to pan along with beans w/juice.

add dash of worchestershire, dash of hot sauce (depending on how spicy you want it)

small amount of salt ( the sausage has some salt in it already). pepper to taste.

a few shakes of Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning

FA647BEC-F050-4CA2-B125-A5D32DD7BFED.jpeg

turn heat to medium-low and let simmer for an hour or more. stir in a pat of butter just before serving.

we eat it over rice.

@MariotaMurielle ...thank you so much. I use Tony's in the no-salt version and love it!

Honored Contributor

hello all

raining very steady and at time quite hard

full gallon of dawn dish soap fell off the bottom shelf of my shelf unit it have in the junk room, what a mess, half gallong spilled. glad i had enough paper towels to sop up the mess. took at least an hour of sopping/buckets of cold water to clean up the mess in the junk room. have waterproof flooring in that junk room.

ok guys later.