Honored Contributor

Re: “2022”~Everyone, Please Join Us!

hello all

am done with winter, i am giving away free snow,free cold air who ever wants it.

did get walk in,took near 1 hour. roads were so covered with ice and snow ice chunks had to really pick my way carefully to do my walk.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning! @RooRoo , while browsing about the Poconos, I read about all the activities to do if you vacation there. Looked great! The sun is shining bright again here too! I love pot pie!

@MariotaMurielle , I just ordered a large heating pad from Amazon. Paid a little extra shipping to have it delivered today. Thank you for suggesting!

Have a safe, happy day everyone whatever your plans!

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SleeplessinSD, I sure hope that heating pad helps your back. we keep ours next to the couch and use it often.

@RooRoo, I grew up in Jackson and now live just a few miles away. I worked at UMMC for almost 25 years until I retired in 2014.

when I couldn't sleep last night and was up at 2am browsing through the tv channels I came across Kathy Levine on HSN. she apparently is a rep for Nutrisystem. does anyone remember her from her Q days? it's probably been at least 10 years since I've seen her and she looks fabulous.

my brother came by for a brief visit to pick up the comforter I gave him. he's not a fan of cold weather and was happy to get anything that will help him stay warm at night.

I got my long needed pedicure today, a pretty cranberry red. it felt wonderful to have a few minutes of pampering.

sending blessings to all.

here's a Vicksburg sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

8666B844-491D-4262-BD14-3E7DF97D86BD.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

I have a genetic disorder that causes me pain. I keep my XL heating pad plugged in and on my bed. I used it nearly every day and sleep with it on my neck at night!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

RooRoo, we must live fairly close! I'm in NY near where the 3 states meet. I moved here from Chicago many years ago. For a long time my mom and I hated living here as all our family lived in Midwest. One day another transplant told me why she loved it here. I'm 1 hour from amazing medical care, the ocean, great skiing, Art museums, Cordon blue dining, Broadway, all sports, etc. What's not to love? I now am thankful to be here. My only wish is to be closer to some of my family that still live in Midwest.

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle , I'm sure I'll like the heating pad. I just got a message from Amazon saying it will arrive by 10 PM. I hope I can stay awake that long! I saw Kathy Levin last night too. I remember her and thought the same thing. She does look great. I've been giving myself pedicures. With the pain im having, its hard for me to bend, so I may go in to get a little pampering too...

@Imadickens , Welcome! it's nice to see you here. 

Good Night Everyone!

~H~
Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here today

overcast but warm today, some spots had ice rain, we did not get any of that stuff HOORAY TO THAT !!@!@

DID FULL walk roads in good shape.

dh on way to dentist to get bridge recemented in front tooth fell out.

ok guys later.

Super Contributor

@MariotaMurielle wrote:

@RooRoo, I grew up in Jackson and now live just a few miles away. I worked at UMMC for almost 25 years until I retired in 2014.

Hi ladies Smiley Happy hope y'all are staying safe, it's crazy cold out finally!  @viva923 

what a mess down there in Virginia, those poor stranded people, OMG!!  Heard someone say she left her house at 9AM for a routine chore & was still there 24 hrs later!!

With her kids, no less!  Happy to hear you are good.  

@MariotaMurielle  what a small world!  Wouldn't it be funny if you worked in the same department, LOL!  I always enjoyed the Jackson area.  DH & I travel around in our RV (in season) & thinking about planning a trip down south this spring.  Depends on the state of covid but the RV does come in handy keeping us in our own bubble throughout.

@Imadickens  yes!  we are in the same regional area. Howdy neighbor, LOL!  I didn't grow up here either, my siblings live in the South, so know  how you feel.  I do love this area, like you said, what's not to like?  There's a little bit of everything if you're willing to drive a bit.  Plus it has 4 seasons.  I'm not crazy for the hot humid summer heat but it's not too long.  

My turkey pot pies came out good, @SleeplessinSD ! I usually try new recipes as written then know what to add or subtract the next go round.  It was convenient having most of the ingredients in the fridge & with the cost of groceries these days, happy to use them up.  Y'all are getting me interested in heating pads!!  They sound so cozy right about now!!  

Bye for now, take care everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

it was a quiet day here. I didn't do a whole lot of anything all day Smiley Happy

@SleeplessinSD, did the heating pad help your back? I'm hoping for rave reviews!

@RooRoo, nephrology was my area the whole time I was at UMMC. really, it was my specialty almost all of my 42 years in nursing. kidney disease is an interesting area. I do miss it sometimes but I'm so grateful to be retired.

I took down my Christmas wreath today and put up my red berry wreath.

tomorrow I have the dreaded GYN appointment.

here's a Gulfport sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

6F2AB13A-117E-4025-9F71-F5931EE29419_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle , My rave review! I'd really like to say my back is healed, because that's how it feels. I'm walking and bending now with very little, if any, pain at all. The pad gets hot so I've been using it on the medium setting. I like it has a two hour timer. I had high hopes because the box it came in said "immediate pain relief". Well, I'm almost afraid to stop using it for fear the pain will come back! I really have never had pain issues with my back until now. Whatever I did to cause it, I don't know. Again, thanks so much for recommending!

The weather was beautiful today. DH and I got out for a bit and picked up a few things we needed at the grocery store. He picked out a Duncan Hines carrot cake for me to make for dessert tonight. I added nuts and raisins.  It's ready for me to put on the cream cheese frosting, so I better go.

I hope everyone had a good day...

1EBC306C-FCA0-4180-8FFF-A0708892A0EB.jpeg

~H~