Honored Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

Hello all

AuntG, yup that weather is heading our way,it'll be here by sunday then another week of the wilts. UGH!!!!!,

JUST read the outlook for fall weather, looks like la niña is setting up again. average-cooler than average , it will remain wet in southeast, hotter than normal for western areas.

not much this afternoon, been watching some of my dvr'ed programs/movies, did all chores, washed/hung out clothes/folded and put away. other than that, nothing else.

later guys

Honored Contributor

been going strong since 430am, and still behind, i have not moved fast today. dh had to take my car in for oil change and service and inspection , alignment was is today and oil. my 20 yr old car is a good car. 

not much else, closed up. really got warm and humidity is picking up.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

hey guys

working at half time speed today,

not much else today,

huge load of clothes on lines, drying slow and poorly

very humid today, brisk breeze

ok later guys

Esteemed Contributor

hey friends, I planted some decorative grass plants in front of the house where DH chopped down my shrubs last year. I felt like I was going to faint from the heat after being out there for just 20 minutes.

this heat and humidity is ridiculous. right now the air conditioner and all the fans are running and it's still too hot.

I shouldn't complain, though. I know some people don't even have an air conditioner.

my brother's coming over in the morning to see if he can help DH repair our almost 20 year old lawn mower. I made Comeback dressing tonight and made an extra one for him.

hope everyone is doing ok in this heat.

sending big blessings to all.

here's a Natchez sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

ECC46AD8-5D38-46B5-AE76-4AF58F88B171_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hey all

wrote a long story this morn about my phone call i made, it is in back fence trying to avoid summer july 2021 thread

not much else.

had thunderstorms overnight kept waking me up

air so loaded with moisture can cut with knife, dried in dryer today

have doctor check at 2pm

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

Hi all! Last night we had T storms roll in between 12 - 3AM which brought heavy rain. We got 4" of rain according to the rain gauge. We had one round of thunder that vibrated the house! 

Today it's sunshine in the 80's & I ran one errand today. Spent bulk of early AM on hold with NYT C/S before they picked up to switch us over to completely digital rather than digital & actual Sunday paper. The Sunday paper never had coupons in it & most of the time we only read the news, not the other sections. 

We have sesame noodles for tonight with a salad. 

We saw yesterday 2 rabbits in our yard -- a baby & maybe the parent? Still can't remove that rabbit fencing around specific plants. 

Have a terrific Monday all.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Good Evening Friends,

We had a great weekend with my family. My sister left this morning, and we just got back a while ago taking our grandson to the airport. We got word earlier today from my sister in law that my older brother was having chest and back pain. He's been admitted to the hospital where they're running tests on him. He'll be spending the night there. We're worried and very tired. Please say a prayer if you can. Thank you.  I'll be back tomorrow to catch up....

Good Night..

~H~
Trusted Contributor

@SleeplessinSD   So sorry to hear about your older brother.  Sending prayers and well wishes for him and your family.  Hope he gets better real soon. 

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today

saw my foot doctor for bad foot, he worked on that for a bit, in august will see him again,he will plan on the next round of surg for the toes are are ever so painful to walk. that stupid stinkin' doctor that fused my bones for GREED AND MONEY, 

not much else, later guys

Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD  Sorry to hear about your brother. Hope he is getting the best care. 

A busy day here, ran over to the mechanic to get tires on car rotated. Forgot to have it done when had state inspection earlier this month. 

Took DH for his annual physical & while there ran & bought more wild bird seed for the feeders. Came home & we had had a power outage! Generator was humming & clock on range was blinking. Electric company must have been doing something in the neighborhood. 

Went to pick up DH & the power was back on again. 

Our doctor advised us to both wear our masks indoors again as he is seeing too many 'breakthrough' Covid infections among the vaccinated. His specialty is pulmonology. 

We are in an area where the community is only 69.6% fully vaccinated. 

The power went off again for about 2 minutes. I hope whatever is going on was completed.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼