Honored Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

Good evening! Had a busy day here. 

@MariotaMurielle Hope the biopsy is negative. 

I folded clothes, made a half batch of the Doubletree chocolate chip cookies & made a new recipe of baked spinach-artichoke pasta for dinner. A definite keeper! I had a half bag of frozen artichoke hearts & a box of frozen chopped spinach. The store was out of medium shells, so I used large shells. 

This is a NYT recipe of the same name & I only increased the garlic to 4 cloves, minced & 1/2 Tsp. red pepper flakes. I would say it was grown up comfort food.

Have a great evening!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here

windy & coolish. suppose to rain overnight for us into tomorrow morn.

did normal stuff today, chores,walks, folded large load of clothes.

not much else, later guys

Honored Contributor

@viva923 , Fleischmans yeast...that helps, thanks!

@JustJazzmom , spinach, artichokes, pasta...definitely comfort food!

@MariotaMurielle , probably best you weren't expecting the biopsy. Just less time to be nervous. Good luck and prayers for positive results.

Our weather today was in the 80's. Hard to believe it's Winter! Not supposed to last. We'll have cooler temps next week and rain. I need to repot some plants and do some trimming out back tomorrow.  We'll get an early start. Time seems to be flying by. The weekend here again already..

Waving Hi to Everyone...have a relaxing night ahead..

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

hey friends.

I had a very quiet day. I'm on a 14 day course of Prednisone and steroids make me feel really tired and weird, so I'm not doing a whole lot right now.

good news, though. I got my biopsy report back already. it confirmed the diagnosis, which is what I was expecting. but the really good news is that it was negative for malignancy. I'm so blessed and so happy, if I had the energy I'd be jumping for joy Smiley Happy

it was beautiful and cold again today and so windy that things were getting knocked over on the deck.

here's a Raymond, Mississippi sunset, just down the road a bit.

sending big blessings to all.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

3ABCEC88-D11C-4FD7-8B80-6A3BBD42C9CF_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hey all

MM sounds like the report was what  you wanted to hear, which is great new

made up home made bread today, SLEEP it was the basic white bread in the q breadmaker. OH SLEEP the bread raised up so high the top of the bread actually formed to the top of the breadmaker lid. that breadmachine yeast is FANTABULOUS.

was a super busy day for me, did many chores and kept finding more junk to do.

not much else, shower calls. ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

Good evening! Hurray for no malignancy @MariotaMurielle . Sorry you are tired. 

@SleeplessinSD I guess that is too warm for this time of year?

Finally stopped into a Hallmark store & bought Valentine's Day cards. I used up all my coupons & rewards. The local supermarket didn't have any appropriate Grandson cards for a 2 year old. The Hallmark store had an Elmo card. 

We had limited sunshine today & not too cold -- 40's. I bought the ingredients needed to make chicken marbella next week. I'm using the Perdue Perfect Portions -- 4 pieces from a 5 pack which for the 2nd time in a row had 6 individual pieces. I am halving the Silver Palate recipe. I bought a package of dried pitted prunes & a small jar of olives with pimentos. I already had the non pareil capers. I'm going to make this on Monday. 

Haven't decided on what to make for Tuesday. 

The supermarket I went to had caraway seed so I bought 1 jar. They are still out of fennel seed. I wrote an e mail to McCormick 2 days ago asking when they will be back in stock again. They are supposed to answer back within 3 business days. We shall see. I guess caraway will be in stock sooner than the fennel so people can make Irish soda bread. 

Have a great rest of the Saturday. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

SLEEP, make sure it says   FLIESHMAN BREAD MACHINE yeast.there are is another flieshman reg. yeast.

i know i spelled fleishman yeast wrong. oh well, I am hoping Sleep knows what I am trying to say.

not much this morn. early to rise, did chores, went to church, grocery store, home. 2 load of clothes, 2nd load in washer.

not much else. later guys

Esteemed Contributor

it's been a football kind of day, now about to watch the Tom & Drew show Smiley Happy

I can't wait to be finished with this Prednisone. in addition to making me feel weird, my appetite is hard to control and I'm not sleeping. I'm up at 3am eating Ritz peanut butter crackers, knowing with every bite that I shouldn't! I haven't weighed yet, but I feel like those hard lost 13 pounds are piling back on.

here's a Natchez sunset.

have peaceful evening, y'all.

BD3596CE-0A13-47D7-A93E-763FC2D53DF7_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Good Evening Friends,

@MariotaMurielle , I'm sorry you're having side effects from the meds but so happy your test came back positive. If it makes you feel any better, I get those cravings all day long, and I have no excuse! Hope you start sleeping/feeling better..

@viva923 , no worries..I know what you mean and will look specifically for "bread" yeast. One more question...I'm assuming if using a bread mix, you substitute this yeast with the one included in the mix? I hope I'm not being confusing...thanks!

It was a football kind of day here too. We did a few things outdoors earlier, all in all a quiet weekend. @JustJazzmom our temps have been above average.  We're cooling off and getting back normal this week with possible rain...

Waving Hi to everyone. Have a safe, healthy week ahead..Good  Night!

~H~
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone

It's been awhile since Ive posted .  I've been a little "under the weather" so to speak, but  I'm slowly starting to feel better.  I've had to have quite a few tests done and I see my cardiologist the 28th.  My cardiologist wants me to have this ablation procedure done pretty soon.  Don't know when.     @MariotaMurielle Glad your biopsy went well and, but sorry to hear you are  having reactions to the medication.  @SleeplessinSD  It's a little warmer here too, but it's supposed to be cooler this coming week.  @viva923  Hope you are doing well too. @JustJazzmom  I love your new recipe ideas, they always sound so good. @Hayfield  Your dinner with your friends sounded really nice.  We pretty much stay close to the house, except for necessary store errands.  I'll be glad when we can get the vaccine.  Miss everyone that hasn't posted in awhile.  Hope everyone is doing well and wishing everyone a great day!