Honored Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

If solar companies could figure out how to have shingles work as solar panels, we might consider it. I detest those panels on the roof.

I tried to find ladybugs but 2 nurseries have had their shipments delayed until June! I need them now! 

Today was spent folding some laundry, doing another load & catching up on local newspapers.

It was in the high 70's today. 

Have a pleasant Sunday evening. We are doing a zoom bedtime story session now with our Grandson.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Good Morning,

0C17A1BB-1E60-403D-B06C-4ECD12E07852.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

Justjazz would like solar also but at a $70 thousand price tag for our area, can;t even fathom that cost so will just have to forgo that or win the daily lottery to have panel installed.

did not hang out here, had a couple showery clouds roll thru 

had to dry in dryer. all i see if $$$$$$$ now. did find out these are the new smart meters and cost of electric is going to shoot up and we also have to pay for these meters too, we were not even forwarned about these costs of either higher electric rates or cost of meters,this all being sprung on us. so i guess our town will handle it when all have them and let the explosion begin

not much else,later guys

Esteemed Contributor

hey friends. we had an interesting day today.

the man came to repair our oven. took it apart and said he knew what the issue is but he didn't have the part on his truck. it had to be ordered and he will be back tomorrow. that was pretty annoying since DH had told the service people the model, serial number and a description of the problem. seems like he would have come better prepared.

DH was outside and went to get something out of the bed of his truck and found a purse thrown up under the tool box. he put on a pair of gloves and looked in the purse to see if he could find some identification. there was a wallet and the other usual stuff but no ID. as an added surprise there was a pair of panties. I mean, really?

while we were outside our neighbor come over. he has a gate at the end of his driveway, which he makes sure is closed every night. when he got up this morning it was wide open. he didn't see that anything was missing, but that's pretty creepy. something's going on here, and I don't like it. we may have to seriously consider moving.

sending blessings to all.

here's a Simpson county sunset on a friend's farm.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

0E7DDD0F-E943-4BB4-87D6-D2FD5D5647F0_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Is anyone in your neighborhood suffering from dementia? @MariotaMurielle 

Maybe someone is sleepwalking and going around thinking they are at their home?

Reason I say this is because many many years ago, my MIL had her next door neighbor try to get into her home (thinking it was her own home.) My MIL ended up getting deadbolts to her doors. Of course they were the ones that needed keys on the inside -- instead of the latch type.

Something is definitely happening. Would you move closer to your DD? 

I bet she wouldn't mind having her parents nearby.

Had a quiet day here. DH needed a tooth extracted. It has cracked while eating some cookies about a month ago. It didn't bother him, but when he went for cleaning, the hygienist noticed how bad it was. This tooth had too many fillings in it so there was nothing to save. 

Hope he heals fast. 

I went & ordered Chinese food for tonight for me & he had eggs. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

busy morn here. sheet day, 3 huge loads up on line, they are all down folded and put away. my spare lawn man is here mowing while my normal lawn man is moving from house a to house b. so far lawn man will be back the 31st.

cloudy but really a great day for clothes drying outside,

ok guys later

MM our stuff is not safe any longer. heck we have cars broken into and items stolen out of it these cars are locked .

Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle , are you relating this incident to the one that recently happened? That was my first thought. Might be a good time to keep your garage door closed, if possible, when you or DH aren't in or near your garage. DH's truck seems like a convenient target. Who knows? Sad, that you have to think of doing this after all the time you've lived there. Hopefully, moving won't be necessary. We've had meetings with our neighbors over crime in our area to all keep watch for each other. Hate you having to go through this. Take care..

~H~
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle creepy things seem to happen after dark. When I see teenagers in the park, I ask myself why the parents aren't concerned about the late hours their kids keep.

@viva923 my power company offers an optional "time of use rate" that we are enrolled in. Basically, weekends, holidays and 8pm to 8am have really low electrical rates. The only thing I'm careful about is the clothes dryer. I do the majority of our laundry on Sunday afternoon. Some mornings, I'll throw in one load when I wake up so that it is dry by 8am. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SleeplessinSD, I don't necessarily think this thing with the purse and our neighbor's gate is directly related to the shooting incident a couple of weeks ago but I do think that things are changing here in general, and not for the better. the town where we live is just a few miles south of Jackson, where I grew up, and Jackson has become a very dangerous and unpleasant place. I'm concerned that our town is becoming an extension of that atmosphere.

on a happier note, it was a beautiful day here and I decided to treat myself to a manicure and pedicure.

the oven was fixed this morning, too.

some of my front garden is beginning to bloom.

955421CB-3DD8-4955-BF06-75B7B8D311F1.jpeg

here's a Marion county courthouse sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

58FDC868-7F5F-4B79-BB89-C2C6E23A0559_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle , sounds like it was a good day all around! I'm so glad you got out and treated yourself. I hope you stopped for a Starbucks too! 💅 ☕️ 👏😊

~H~