Honored Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

@MariotaMurielle

Brow pomade sounds fun!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD @viva923 @Hayfield @JustJazzmom @MariotaMurielle 

Here are some pictures of a flowering bush in the landscape here! It was nice to see something like this!

Azaela?

286B6156-EBBE-418C-84B4-3179B65808B3.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

we had a great day, beautiful weather.

we did a couple of quick errands, then went to Ichiban for lunch. we haven't been there since before the pandemic.

and we went to Sam's, which is always exhausting.

some of my Asiatic lilies are blooming already.

sending blessings to all.

here's a Biloxi sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

9EB4A26A-A282-4C1C-9600-5E8EB353FAE4_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle , I hope the pomade works for you. I bought medium Brown. I like that it's buildable and you can use less or more. Sounds like you had a fun day!

@LTT1 , we had sushi today after my haircut. The salon I go to is in a marketplace. We took a little walk afterward and noticed the small restaurant. It was good and, yes, much less calories than Mexican food! That sort of looks like an azalea. I'm not sure. @JustJazzmom  Will probably know. Very pretty!

@Hayfield , we've been gone most of the day. I'm tired, but I'll check out your book tomorrow. Sounds interesting! Thanks!

When we got home today, one of our neighbors came by to tell us that another neighbor down the street lost her puppy, a Yorkshire Terrier last night. She's a nurse, and after working a long shift came home around 11 last night and took her dog out for a walk. As they were walking, a coyote jumped out of a bush and snatched her little dog leash and all. She said it happened so fast, in seconds, she tried to pull her dog toward her, but it was too late. Of course, she's traumatized and totally blames herself. It's so sad. The coyotes have multiplied around here. We never take Max out after dark. He's so old, I don't think even he would be a match for a hungry coyote. 

Good Night Everyone...

~H~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@SleeplessinSD @viva923 @Hayfield @JustJazzmom @MariotaMurielle 

Here are some pictures of a flowering bush in the landscape here! It was nice to see something like this!

Azaela?

286B6156-EBBE-418C-84B4-3179B65808B3.jpeg

This is a rhododendron with azalea type flowers or trusses. Azaleas have smaller leaves & rhododendrons have the lance shaped leaves.

"All azaleas are rhododendrons, but not all rhododendrons are azaleas."

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

My rhododendron is in bloom here -- called 'Yaku Prince'. It is a cultivar good for small spaces. This is an Internet photo of it in bloom.

18FF1D07-DC78-42A0-8389-1AB2BBFE1226.jpeg

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Coyotes are such mean animals @SleeplessinSD . I can't imagine having one kill my dog right in front if me. I know we have them in our rural areas but I've only seen them from a distance.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Coyotes are such mean animals @SleeplessinSD . I can't imagine having one kill my dog right in front if me. I know we have them in our rural areas but I've only seen them from a distance.

@AuntG , I couldn't sleep last night just thinking about it. This isn't the first time I've heard of this happening around here. I agree with you. Coyotes are vicious and don't seem afraid of anything. I just can't imagine what I would do. Heartbreaking for our neighbor..

~H~
Honored Contributor

hello all

am limping along here, my apple keyboard quit,have to get a new one.

haircut in 1 hour

cyotes are also multiplying here (know spell is incorrect) anyway, people have shown photos on facebook of those animals in our area

ok later guys

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

some of my throw pillow covers arrived today. that was really fast, since they shipped from Turkey! I just ordered them late in the evening on the 11th.

@SleeplessinSD, that is horrifying about your neighbor's little dog. there are coyotes around some areas here too. my brother has a creek that runs across the back part of his yard and he has come face to face with a pack of them walking along the creek bed, and he lives in a subdivision. he doesn't let his dogs out at night either unless they go to the front yard and he's with them.

my front garden is beginning to bloom.

FC8787E7-A51E-4615-8C58-B882AC23AF94.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich