Respected Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

Happy New Years Ladies!  I just wanted to check into the new thread, will be back in a day or so!  We had a great time with our friends last night!

SISD--Thanks so much for starting our 2021 thread!!!!

Honored Contributor

Looks like almost everyone found our new thread. I think we all agree, we're ready to put 2020 behind us and praying for a healthy, happy new year.
We had a relaxing day. I made chicken enchiladas that were the best I've made. I got the recipe from the show, The Kitchen on Foodnetwork. Geoffrey Zakarian is one of the hosts. I made the enchilada sauce from scratch, and DH and I both thought it made a big difference than from a can. It all was easier than I thought it would be.

@MariotaMurielle , I hope you're feeling better. Please let us hear from you.

@viva923 , I don't think we've heard from you either. I hope you find our new thread and all is OK...

HI to LTT1, AuntG, RetRN. and all our friends...

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey guys

am here finally

going to make this short and sweet

what was suppose to be a fun day I have been playing catch up all day long, finally am here and am exhausted

on go all  day long, weather is wet, raining quit hard with snow flurries mixed in.

ok guys tomorrow

Esteemed Contributor

happy new year, y'all.

the severe storms predicted for last night turned out to just be a hard rain and some wind. no tornadoes that I know of.

DH left the house at dawn to hunt. he came back about 6 tonight and said he nearly froze to death. he had been 20 feet up in a tree stand all day and the wind was cold.

I have felt much better today. just still tired but my sore throat is gone.

@SleeplessinSD, I haven't made enchiladas in years and the last time I did they were terrible. yours sound so good.

we had blackeyed peas, butterbeans, collard/turnip greens, and corn bread to go with a spiral cut ham. and a sweet potato pie I made a couple of days ago.

I watched the Alabama/Notre Dame game while I was cooking supper and now the Clemson/Ohio game.

sending blessings to all.

here's a sunset from my front yard.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

4921481A-F705-466A-908A-453E3F887447_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

what is your favorite eyebrow pencil or other eyebrow product? I know I over plucked my eyebrows when I was younger but I swear it seems like they're disappearing lately, especially on the inside end.

I can't stand fake looking drawn-on eyebrows but I want to find something that will make them look better (on the rare occasion that I actually leave the house )

me, on the right (obviously Smiley Happy). my daughter didn't inherit her beautiful brows from me!

3D3BBC2A-B37E-494A-8564-7B13AB9F85EB_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MariotaMurielle ,

I've been using Anastasia products. They have a brow powder duo and a pomade. I get mine at Sephora. It lasts a long time. Like you, I don't use pencils. I just find them hard to use. My eyebrows are getting sparse too. Your daughter has beautiful brows.  I'm so glad you're feeling better...

~H~
Respected Contributor

@MariotaMurielle ....sparse brows have been an issue for me for decades and I have yet to find the perfect product, but the e.l.f. Instant Lift Brow Pencil and Anastasia brow powder duo works pretty well for me. The e.l.f. product is more of a waxy crayon than a pencil. I use the neutral brown shade.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle  I use the L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer that has the twist up pencil & spoolie on the other end. They come in numerous shades & are available in drug stores & Ulta. Always go a shade lighter than your natural brows. I'm a brunette & use their Light Brunette shade. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

thanks for the brow product recs.

when I had bangs I could disguise my wonky eyebrows. but since I've let my bangs grow out I feel like  a spotlight is shining on them Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

hey all

I did the stupid thing some 55 yrs ago in nurse school. I put nair on my eye brows, i burnt them off and they

NEVER grew back, i have used every eyebrow pencils under the sun ever made. some i have liked others are garbage. I like Laura Geller, Laura Mercier, Sheisdo. Sheisdo was my favorite but they changed formula and it has not been the same. now I days I just go bare eyebrows, hey if you don't like it tough. 

not much else guys. dh had to run 2 bath rugs back to bed bath beyond. way to big for bathrooms. anyway, not much else. weather was sunny but oh my that wind was slighty bit nippy.

ok guys later.