Respected Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

I'm not getting the covid booster. I have had five vaccine shots in the past six months with many side effects. Covid, shingles, flu. I'm done. No more shots for me.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Hi!

Please forgive me for falling behind!

You'd think I could at least stop by more often for updating!

Well, by the end of the day I'm so tired I can't think straight!

My "Pure Barre" experience is great, but really wrings me out for a few days after!

I'm very excited for @MariotaMurielle  and the new grand baby! What a blessed miracle! 💙

Will look forward to reading about everybody.

Thank you for not forgetting about me!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

hey all

sure did have side effect with shot #3. chills,headache,body aches,teeth chattering. mighty mack was visiting all night long. feel better by this afternoon,still sore but getting better.

had the .5 shot moderna not the full thing.

boat load of wash today.

dh took me to good will for some cleaning the house clothes, in the dryer now.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@catwhispererThe shingles 2 dose shots are doozys! The first one for me several years ago, was like my body woke up and said: you're going to feel like ****** for a few days, bwahaha! I had a slightly less strong reaction with the 2nd shingles shot.

We both got the regular dose flu shots and DH got a booster of Moderna before it was fully approved from the FDA. So he got a full dose. I have to contact our pharmacy and see if they got the half doses of Moderna in. That will be my next vaccine. Then sometime in December, I need the DPT booster as I last had it in 2012. Every 10 years, the tetanus should be updated.

Today I completed cleaning the remaining bedroom windows on their interiors and the half screens. I need to visit the Home Depot for a telescoping squeegee as our current one is old and I think that is why I saw streaks on the exterior windows as the blade didn't clear the solutions too well. Or I may decide to drag out the 5' ladder from the garage and clean each one with paper towels and ammonia free Windex. I'll see how my energy is tomorrow.

Have a wonderful rest of Saturday,

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1, Pure Barre? that's something I can do only in my dreams. I might be a little bit jealous that you can do it in real life Smiley Happy

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom ....I did fine with the first shingles vx, then with the second one, I was in bed for two days feeling sick and my arm was very sore, red, and swollen for an entire week.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

hello all

Catwhisperer, i got the original shot years ago, but dh came down with a herpes infection in his eye from the shingle shot way back when, we can;t get the update shingle shot because of that infection, there is a chance he could catch that herpes infeciton again and lose his eye sight. he has scar tissue on his cornea, when he is tired or looking just right his vision is blind in that spot.

feel 100% better today. boy does that 3rd booster kick you in the fanny, but you what i would do it again, anything to give me some protection.

not much else today

did chores,

did walk

sun has been playing peek a boo today 

ok guys,later

Esteemed Contributor

when I got the 2nd Shingles vaccine I had a terrible reaction, with hard chills & headache. it only lasted about 6 hours, but it was the worst reaction I've ever had to a vaccine.

when I saw my PCP a couple of weeks later and mentioned it to her she said they added a new protein to the latest shingles vaccine that has caused a similar reaction in lots of people.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Good Evening, I did some Christmas shopping both on the Q and HSN with the free shipping offered this weekend. There's been so many shipping delays, I'm hoping ordering early helps. Earlier,  my brother that lives in Sacramento called and said they're receiving 'historic' rainfall and heavy winds. They've been warned of possible power outages too. We'll be getting rain tomorrow, but nothing near as bad, and we so need it. 

We'll be going out to our daughter's tomorrow and spending the night. We'll take her for her surgery which will be Tuesday morning. It's an outpatient procedure, but we'll still probably be there most of the day.  I'll check in when I can.

Good Night and bless you all..

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!--It's a rainy morning and I'm suppose to have a pickleball lesson this morning, I plan on not going since the courts will be wet and slippy but the other ladies are hoping to have the lesson.  I am I the only one who thinks that playing on a wet court and possibly slipping is stupid????  

We went to the mountains this weekend with our friends that recently moved down our way, we had a good time but some of the NC wines left a lot to be desired.  We found one vineyard that had some really good wine but the other 3 vineyards weren't good.  We also went to Mt Airy where they have they have "Mayberry"!  Andy Griffith was born in Mt Airy and the town is dedicated to him and the show.  It was a lot fun, going back down memory lane of the show!  We had beautiful weather too!

Viva--Sorry to hear that DH had a bad reaction to the shingle shot.  There is a risk in shot we take, that's for sure.  

SISD--DD likes a certain skincare line that's pricey and when I saw they had 15% off and free shipping a month ago, I ordered what she wanted for Xmas.  I have to ask DS what he wants, if he doesn't have anything in  mind I just give him cash.  I saw on the news this morning that some toy store has gone out of business already since they can't get any shipments of toys and their store was 75% empty.  They felt so bad since it was their dream to own a toy store.  It's best to order ASAP if you have grandchildren!  I remember when my children were little and everyone was looking for a certain item, like those cabbage patch dolls and people were going crazy to get them!  Luckily my kids never wanted anything that was that popular!