Honored Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

Just heard from my sister, there's fires spreading not far from her. Lots of smoke.  She says they're safe for now. Always happens o at this time of year with the continuous hot weather we're having. @Hayfield , I was going to ask if you were still golfing. Hope you had fun and did well today. @viva923 , I hope all goes as scheduled for your surgery tomorrow and your soon on the road to recovery.  @MariotaMurielle , sounds like you and Dh have lots of projects going on. I think it's hot and humid everywhere! @JustJazzmom , we could use some of your rain!

6866EAF7-11EF-482C-BFBB-4CF816F1A784.gif

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here today.

did chores early, could not sleep well last night, watched t.v. off and on all night long.

it is so humid out today, it must be near 100% humidity.

not much else,later guys

Honored Contributor

Good late morning! Must get another bag of cedar mulch. I missed a spot in our garden. No biggie. 

We have another heat advisory here. The AC is cycling on & off here. 

The Singapore satay was a hit last night. Today will make the chicken salsa verde again with more of the cut up carrots & mini cucumbers served on the side. 

I got yesterday the ingredients to make cauliflower with mustard & fennel seeds. I already had the spices, just needed the florets.I am doing this on Saturday. I'll be attempting to make a chicken biryani recipe from an Indian cookbook I have. 

Have a terrific Thursday.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hello all

not much today,

got up with dh to get him off to work, did some super light chores, dressed and ready for today

slept very fitfully,  had weird off the wall dreams. was sick last night, have a feel it was from the stuff that was used to put to sleep during surgery.

just put the morn laundry into dryer.

calling for heavy duty rain later today and saturday,

not much else. later guys

Respected Contributor

Good Morning!--It's still hot & humid!  What else is new!  I did try to play golf the other day, didn't do too bad, since I haven't played in about a month, but it was soooo hot!  Yesterday we went to the driving range and did terrible!  I just can't play in this heat!

SISD--So sorry to hear that your sister is close to the fires and has to deal with the smoke.  It's unbelieveable, the destruction.  

Viva--I hope your feeling better after your procedure.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Respected Contributor

hi all. we have a tropical storm warning for our area coming on Sunday and a hurricane warning for the gulf coast. it's beginning to look like a bad storm.

I've been busy working on the baby quilt. it's not going to be anywhere near perfect but I'm ok with that because I'm doing the best I can.

thank goodness for Youtube Smiley Happy

blessings to all.

4CE7B764-6CB5-4A7B-87B6-ADF3044980DD_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our granddaughter is in New York. Her plane was late due to thunderstorms which prevented them from landing. They have lots planned at her school to welcome the families over the weekend.  And so it begins...

@MariotaMurielle , I've been hearing of the storms on the news. Hoping you and everyone in its path stay safe. I love your quilt! You did a great job!👏😊

@Hayfield , I can't imagine doing much of anything outdoors in this heat! August and September are two of our hottest months. Can't wait for Fall!

@viva923 , I hope you continue to feel better with each day. Take ggod care!

@katte , we haven't heard from you lately. I hope you're doing well. Thinking of you..

Thinking of and sending blessings to Everyone. Have a great weekend!

~H~
Honored Contributor

Good morning!

@SleeplessinSD  those T storms didn't affect us last evening, they stayed mostly over NYC & NJ. It's an exciting time for your GD.

@MariotaMurielle the baby animal print on the quilt is cute! Thinking of you & the strengthening Ida. Found out I have a cousin in New Orleans on business. Hope he plans to evacuate when told to do so. 

We have clouds here today. Visiting a friend for lunch today before more rain pops in for tonight. 

Have a great Saturday.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today

ultra humid, heat is gone,but very humid yet.

did some chores,dh did a majority of the chores today.

trying to find adhesive tape for large gauze pads. no sells this adhesive tape.

looks like rain again. that is about all for now,later guys

Respected Contributor

things are getting serious here. DD, her DH, stepson and dog are coming in tonight. they are only 65 miles from the gulf so we all felt like they would be safer here, although all the way up central Mississippi from the coast to Tennessee there will be high winds, tornadoes and heavy rain.

we have taken enough meat out of the freezer for several meals. if we have electricity we can cook it inside, but if we don't have electricity we can cook it on the grill. I think we are as prepared as possible. I hope and pray.

say a prayer for us and everyone on the coast. this is not going to be good.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich