Honored Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

Stopping by for just a few. It was a cold, overcast day with light drizzle off and on. Haven't done anything exciting the last few days. I've gotten most of  my Christmas shopping done and still waiting for a couple gifts to be delivered. Everything is in our guest room needing to be wrapped. Tomorrow our son is coming over to help my husband put up a few Christmas lights out front. This month seems to be going by fast..

Waving Hi and sending blessings to Everyone...

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

it is BONE COLD shivery day. no sun, wind off ocean ,damp day for me. am bundled up in the house.

did chores,did walk, not much else,later guys

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon!

It's already busy here, tracking packages, seeing if certain things fit from those packages & I set up an appointment for early Monday to get our car's blind spot monitoring system recalibrated. Fingers crossed that we have no further problems with it after this is done!

Had to rent a car for a week to drive locally while body shop fixed the bent bracket that the monitoring box sits on. Had to wait for a part before it could be done-- supply issues!

@SleeplessinSD how are you feeling? I hope you are over your sore throat. 

@viva923  not as cold here as by you this day. It's very gloomy outside. Weather is supposed to warm up considerably by the weekend. 

@MariotaMurielle  so glad you got to see the little one! They change daily don't they? Our 3 year old GS is enjoying the Christmas tree in his living room . He is pictured with a candy cane in his hand -- sent to us. 

Have a great Hump Day!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom , I hope your car issues all get resolved. Our car is over 10 years old. We've had really good look with it except for expected repairs for a car this old. Got my last package delivered today. I'll probably have some last minute things to buy, but I feel good about where I'm at.  I think I had a touch of the flu, but I'm feeling better. Thanks for asking.

Good Night Everyone...

DED38A20-0B45-44E0-98BA-7EBA401A263C.gif

~H~
Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here today

did chores

did walk

folded clothes,no hang out today, to thick of cloud cover, sun fianlly beginning to peak out

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

Good night! Made a cake recipe that I found on McCormick website -- allspice spice cake with caramel glaze. I reconfigured it for a 6 Cup bundt pan vs. the 12 Cup pan. 

I used 2 eggs instead of 3 & cooked it for 44 minutes instead of the 55 minutes for the larger pan. It came out so moist!

0A12CFFA-3C37-46E2-9175-FC02B9E9C27D.jpeg

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hello all

been going non stop since 6am 

dh picked up grandson for day

just left for barber, grandson was a beatnik (long hair),mom said ok to hair cut but no buzz cut

warm overcast day 64 right now.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

Good Evening Friends,

SD County now has two cases of Omicron. The first case, the person had recently traveled abroad and was treated with mild dymptoms. The second hadn't done any recent traveling and is home in isolation. Mild symptoms as well. It's my understanding both had been fully vaccinated with boosters. It's expected more cases will follow, as this variant appears to be highly contagious. When our son was here, he did say they're seeing a  slight rise in Covid cases again. With the cold weather and more indoor gatherings, it's not a surprise. Just an FYI...

We got some much needed rain the last couple days and another, heavier storm should arrive early next week. It's been cold, at least for us, so other than running a few errands and getting out for a bite to eat, we've pretty much stayed in. @JustJazzmom , I'd love a piece of that cake. It looks delicious!

Thinking of everyone and waving Hi...have a great rest of the weekend. Stay safe and well...Good Night!

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi all.

the weather has been kind of miserably gray and drab around here for the last 3 days and raining nonstop. I think the sun might shine tomorrow.

I have all the gifts I bought wrapped and crammed under the little tree.

we are going to pick up DD and baby Ezra tomorrow and bring them here for a few days. she needs a little break and her momma's help.

sending big blessings to all and prayers for everyone affected by those terrible tornadoes.

here's a Biloxi sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

A45150C9-B268-4A99-AA95-E23F917F0C4D_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

@SleeplessinSD ....scary about the new cases . Got my booster yesterday. No problems so far. Take care.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.