Honored Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

hello all

not much here

brisk and chilly today. brisk nor'west wind today. had to pull out my long john top to wear today.

hung huge load of clothes outside today.hope all dry

did chores

did walk,

clothes on line,that is all for now,later all

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just found out our grandson tested positive for Covid today. He wasn't feeling well at work, so they sent him home and suggested he get tested. He'll work from home for the next 10 days. My mind is telling me he'll be fine. He's young and has had both vaccinations. He lives alone, and his grandparents who live close are out of town. I'm worried. Please say a prayer for him, if you can. Thank you. Also, not sure I've mentioned, our daughter has surgery on the 26th and will start radiation thereafter. 

sending blessings to all....good night.

~H~
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD @Thinking good healing thoughts for your grandson & daughter. 

I had a busy day. I sent back to KitchenAid via FedEx the 4 slice toaster I ordered last Monday. It was too large for the allotted counter space! The 2 slice I received is much better. Now I'm in the process of trying to find a toaster cover that fits it. The 4 slice one fits but I want to see if a 2 slice cover is better. Hard to believe, but most stores don't sell small appliance covers -- Target, Bed, Bath & Beyond. I'm going to check out Walmart tomorrow but I doubt it will be there. Amazon has them as does Etsy with cute ones. 

Started going through utility room to see what can be donated -- I have some baking pans that haven't been used in years which might get donated. I need some more small moving boxes to get them out. 

So far 2 out of 3 sons will be here for Thanksgiving. Depending on one DIL's class schedule will determine if son & wife come. I think I'm going to make a Perdue Oven Stuffer chicken roaster instead of a turkey breast. I'll make the traditional sides. 

Yesterday I steamed some fresh asparagus & made a light mayo based smoked paprika sauce for them. I used it as a dipping sauce for mine. 

The recipe I found on Penzey's website under the smoked paprika spice. It's the first recipe & I halved it since it was just the 2 of us. I used dehydrated cilantro instead of fresh. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

Sassy you got your hands full with illnesses of the kids in the family. I worry about that covid stuff all the time, we got our shots, wear masks,don't really associate with anyone, don't go out to eat any longer, don't go to movies. no wonder i don't have much to write about but chores around the house.

not much today. full sun, somewhat of a breeze,hope clothes dry, huge load today. blankets now being washed since weather has turned chillier at night . i am also putting on a double top sheet to keep us warmer at night with the light weight blanket.

not much else. 

will remember your loved ones in my daily prayers Sassy.

Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  It was a beautiful weekend, no humidity!  We decided to go to Bald Head Island on Saturday, you have to take a ferry from Southport to get there and no cars are allowed on the island, so we rented a golf cart, needless to say it ended up being a very expensive day!  You had to pay to park, the ferry ride and the golf cart rental, it really ads up!

I think the island mostly has very wealthy people living on it and I can't imagine anyone living there full time since there's not much there but everyone says to go at least once to see it all and we did!  Cross that off my list! 

DH went for his yearly physical this morning everything is fine but his knee has been really bothering him, they xrayed it and he has arthritis in the knee.  He may have to give up pickleball for a time to see if it improves.  I told him I think pickleball would bother his knees more than golf.  All those side, fast moves is hard on the knee.  When I played pickleball yesterday all the ladies were lamenting about all their aches and pains and saying how ice has their new best friend.  There are so many really good athletic people down here but as we age our bodies are really feeling it!  

JJM--So sorry to hear that they wouldn't take the toys you wanted to donate.  I keep hearing that they will be supply issues with items so it's best to find things now.  I bought a couple of cans of pumpkin a couple of weeks ago, I wanted to make sure I had some.  I'm trying to go through my pantry and spices to make sure I have what I want.

MM--So glad to hear that the baby is doing well.  I hope DD starts to feel better too, it does take some time for the body to heal, especially since she had a c-section.  

SISD--So sorry to hear that your DGS has covid.  Hopefully his symptoms will be mild.  They said that the shots don't prevent from getting covid, just hopefully keep you out of the hospital and alive.   Will keep him and your DD in my thoughts and prayers.

Honored Contributor

hello all

Hayfield my dh has arthrist of the knee his knee doctor said to wear knee sleeve by REPEL, IT may be spelled with RaPel. anyway, this knee sleeve costs $65.00. you have to order it on line. comes in SM/MED/LG. DH doctor told dh to get the MED size knee sleeve. DH wears it work and sleeping, he said it really sooths his knee when sleeping. he said it does help his knee during day at work. they are black and  you wear under your slacks .

boat load of chores today,did 2 days of cleaning today, going to clean kitchen tomorrow,get it done for the month.

clothes on line. good stiff breeze today, line is spinning round and round. hope clothes dry. very sunny and warming up.

ok guys later.

Respected Contributor

hi friends. I came home this afternoon. after 9 nights of sleeping in 2 hour increments, I am worn out.

30E3DC51-9E2E-4AF1-89A6-01787C8DF9B4.jpeg

I really hated to leave though, because DD is going through some issues with teary episodes along with the fatigue, swelling and pain. yesterday she said she felt like she was having some mild MS symptoms. she wasn't able to have her infusion while she was pregnant. she did really well as far as MS symptoms go while she was pregnant ( which is common) but now she is likely to have some degree of relapse until she can get the infusion. I'm going back next week, but won't stay as long.

I just skimmed through the posts but I did see @SleeplessinSD 's post about your grandson having Covid. I hope his youth and vaccination status helps him avoid serious issues.

when I got home DH cooked a rib-eye and baked potato for me. after supper and a long hot shower I do feel better, but I'm getting ready for sleeping late and doing nothing tomorrow.

here's a Braxton, Ms. sunset.

sending blessings to all.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

7DF82D79-49FD-42BF-863D-24922DA1D476_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

First chance I've had to check in. Lots going on right now. I'm so tired and going up as soon as I'm done here. 

@MariotaMurielle , I'm sorry to hear your DD is having such a rough time. Hopefully, she can get her MS treatment soon. Ezra is beautiful and looks so peaceful wrapped all up. I know you miss him already, but you need time to recoup so you have the energy to return to help. I'm sure it feels good to be home. So happy to see your post.

@Hayfield , I have severe arthritis in both my knees. I did have arthroscopic surgery on one for a torn miniscus years ago. I'm going to look into a sleeve as @viva923  suggested. I try and get my steps in daily, but sometimes pain in my knees gets in the way. I agree with you, golf would be the best sport for your DH and less strain on his knees.

Our grandson continues to have mild symptoms. This morning he was running a low grade fever, and he says he feels really tired. He's still able to work during the day at home, so that's a good thing. I got one more piece of bad news today about another member of my family. I hate being a downer, so I'll just say, I can still use your prayers. Thank you!

Good Night dear friends...sending blessings to you all.

~H~
Honored Contributor

Sleep

the correct spelling is REPAREL knee sleeve. it is 65.00

Trusted Contributor

Hi Everyone

Today is hair cut day. I'm sure looking forward to it.  I've started my Christmas shopping and have about half of it done.  I am getting stronger with each passing day.  @SleeplessinSD Sorry to hear about your DGS getting COVID.  Hope his symptoms remain mild.  How was your DD's surgery or has she had it yet?  Wishing her the best.  Prayers are being sent to you and your family.  Take Care.