Honored Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

hello all

not to much today

did normal chores

did morn walk

threatening rain/snow, dark sky heavy cloud cover,no wind.

did all the chores,not much else,later guys

Respected Contributor

Good Afternoon!--We did make it to the beach yesterday and is was very crowded, like a summer day, some people were in the ocean!  Today I went to Pilates and DH went to the doctors about his knee, it was decided not to do anything about it now since it's a minor meniscus tear in the knee.  DH went golfing right after he went to the doctors.  We're having leftover tonight, manicotti, pasta & meatballs.  It's really sunny and warm here, took an hour long walk after Pilates today.  I think I'll head up to the golf course and practice my putting and pitching!  Have a good day!

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much this afternoon

won't be doing anything for new year's eve night. i was thinking of the baby sitting i did when i was in high school. would sit for many hours or all night long and get 50 cents an hour what we did for money way back when.

we had snow sleet rain today. not a good day. only topped out at 35 today. did get both walks in

ok later guys

Esteemed Contributor

so.....it's the end of December and we've got the air conditioner on. it was 80 degrees today, and will be the same for the rest of the week.

I'm going through another spell of sleep trouble.  I admit I was pretty lazy today because I just didn't have the energy to do much.

I decided to send my Ninja Smart Grill back. it's just not everything I thought it would be. I checked with CS first since I bought it on 10/31. they said it's still within the holiday return period, so back it will go tomorrow.

we have someone coming over tomorrow to look at some work we need done in the kitchen/dining areas. we are still slowly trying to get this house in shape.

I'm planning to go to DD's on Wednesday for 2 days. I'm really looking forward to seeing my little sweetheart and DD again, but 2  nights of no sleep is my limit.

@SleeplessinSD, one of eagle eggs has hatched and the other is in the process.

I hope everyone is well and getting caught up on some after Christmas rest.

here's a Long Beach, Ms. sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

5117AE70-F93F-4F72-8039-4E243D364391_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle , I'd read on the internet earlier that one of the eagles hatched. I popped over ther just now. Harriet's on the nest, and they said E20 is on his way. It mentioned the nest was in a pasture and M15 above in the attic? I'm trying to picture that. I still find it all exciting. I hope you can get some good sleep. You'll need your energy soon!🙂

@Hayfield , I had meniscus surgery years ago. My tear was bad. I haven't had trouble with my knees since, although I know I have lots of arthritis on both. I'm so glad Christmas is over too. I gave it my best, but I just couldn't get in the spirit like I always have. I'm looking forward to 2022. 

The weather here is just the opposite as some of you are having. It's cold, actually freezing at night, and hasn't stopped raining for the most part. This is how it will be most of the week. I've had a touch of stomach flu, so we've been staying in. @LTT1 , @katte , so good to hear from you. @catwhisperer , hoping you're staying warm and dry. 

Sending blessings and waving Hi to Everyone. Good Night!

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

@SleeplessinSD, the nest is at the top of a very tall pine tree in a pasture. it's a fairly new nest, as I recall, built last year after their previous, older nest was damaged by a severe storm. "the attic" is a large branch located just above the nest, and that's where Harriet and M15 take turns being on guard above the babies. it's sort of their reconnaissance headquarters. I've glanced in for brief moments  during the day and I have seen M15 bringing supplies to Harriet, things like fish and rabbit and pine boughs. he seems to be taking very good care of her while being on guard for the babies.

I imagine the second baby will emerge tomorrow.

right now it's 1:16am and I can't sleep. and I sort of have a craving for chinese buffett. hummmm...what does that mean? Smiley Happy 

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hello today

not much,

no sun, it is a very cold damp dreary day very cloudy today

sheet day lots of laundry last load ready to fold

later guys

Esteemed Contributor

hi friends. things are pretty quiet around here for now. I'm planning to drive to DD's tomorrow but the weather forecast is looking pretty sketchy. possible severe storms, including high winds, hail and tornadoes. it may not get as far south as our area though, so I'll probably still be going.

the city of Jackson is closing all government offices starting tomorrow due to a surge in Covid cases. I'm so tired of this virus. but I'm also grateful to be retired and not having to be worried about working around hoards of people.

here's the newest baby eagle from the Southwest Eagle cam. he's worn out from pecking his way out of that shell.

217A29A0-E00F-42FA-97C6-E5B0FCA5811F_1_201_a.jpeg

sending blessings to all.

here's a Biloxi sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

F232F0F5-81EF-4C27-A3D8-0CEE37BC2481.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MariotaMurielle , I've been checking the cam and just saw baby E20  arrived this afternoon. Love the picture you posted. Thanks for the history of the nest and the "attic" branch in the pasture. I don't remember that. Sounds safe, as possible that is. I'll be popping in to keep watch from here on in. Safe travels tomorrow and enjoy your visit with DD and baby Ezra. Sleep well tonight!

Good Night and wishing everyone a warm, peaceful rest of the evening..

~H~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have had a busy weekend! Our youngest came down to visit with his very vocal cat! Came in on Christmas Eve & drove back on the 27th. He did take some of his things with him -- books & CDs. 

Tonight we had leftover steak, asparagus & some small baked potatoes. 

A few of my ordered e bay items arrived before Christmas. I have been buying some vintage McCormick spice jars. These are the ones with the green lids & the beautiful plant artwork on the front. I have added 18 bottles to my existing jars. Those 18 were in the smaller red lid size. I just cleaned out empty jars or dumped existing spices, cleaned the insides & refilled with my newer spices. 

I tried a wooden spice rack from e bay, but the lower tier didn't hold the jars upright -- plus no clearance to remove the jars. I may try online at Amazon or look in Target, Walmart or The Container Store. But for that, I will bring an empty bottle with me. I do have inside a closet a wooden lazy Susan where the majority of the bottles are. 

We had a quiet Christmas. 

Now I am looking at online duck l'orange recipes & have settled on one recipe to make for NYE. I bought 2 naval oranges to use, I just need to defrost the duck before Friday.

It's supposed to be rainy tomorrow. Glad I got the errands done today.

Have a restful Tuesday. Here's a photo of Tangerine, the cat.

230E0F88-1AB0-4C68-A0A1-64682F20CCAF.jpeg 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼