Respected Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

Good Morning!  It sounded like everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.  We left on Tuesday at 5:30 am, stopping for breakfast at a Cracker Barrel at 7:30, it was practically empty, which was nice.  They had a fire going in the fireplace.  We made it to VA around noon and did some shopping.  DH & I scored and each got jackets for golf.  Everything in the mall we stopped was 50-60% off!  We stayed at DD and since she lives in Old Town, we had dinner there on Tuesday night.  They have closed down King Street the block down by the river and it was so nice, the traffic in Old Town is busy all the time.  On Wednesday, DH, DD & I went to lunch and shopped in Old Town, DD's DH was working!  Thanksgiving was spent with dear friends and we left bright and early on Friday morning.  Leaving early made it for a nicer trip both up and back.  Yesterday we started to decorate, it's going to be busy from here on out.  We have lots planned with friends, then DS is coming on the 11th, he'll be working from here part of the time.  He has 3 weeks off at Christmas which isn't part of his regular vacation days, nice.  

Respected Contributor

MM--So sorry to hear that you're not sleeping well.  I usually go to bed between 11-12 and sleep fairly well, waking up at 6.  I generally don't nap during the day.  I used to go to bed at 10 and would get a good 8 hours, those days are gone.  DH goes to bed and gets up at 6, like a clock.  I think it may be our hormones or something that we women don't sleep well as we get older.  I know many of my friends have the same problem.  Enjoy the baby!

LTT1--Sorry the exhibit was closed when you went.  It was in Charlotte and we missed it.  

SISD--Glad your Thanksgiving was good!  How is your daughter feeling?  Nice to have the family altogether.  DD will be spending Xmas with her DH's family in Ohio.  We have to share now.  DD went to Vail for Xmas when she was in high school with a family, in college she went to St Kitts for Thanksgiving and she went to Italy over the holidays a few years ago.  I'm used to her not being here and that's OK.  My mother drove me nuts about the holidays.  I was so happy the year DD was due the beginning of January and we didn't want to go up to PA for Christmas in case she came early.  It was one of the best Xmas we ever had.  My mother was difficult and it makes me sad sometimes but she never forgave me for getting married and moving to another state.  I try so hard not to be difficult with my kids, I've tried so hard not to be like her when it comes to trying to control everything.  

Honored Contributor

hey all

back to the reg time to get up at 430am, did chores, did wash,did walk,hung clothes up outside.

had trouble signing on today, kept getting that same ol stuff,sign on,sign on, sign on stuff.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 that's an early wake up time! Our routine works perfectly for us. Up at 6am, then we pull up the previous day's episode of Bold & Beautiful, read a devotion, and catch about fifteen minutes of local news/weather. At 7am, I prepare breakfast.

Honored Contributor

It's been a busy last few days around here. We were so happy to have our little family together on Thursday. It's been a while. Although, I had a lot of help putting everything together, I'm still recuperating.  Our grandson flew back yesterday, and our granddaughter is flying back to New York this evening. Our daughter drove back Friday evening. She'll be having radiation treatments  every day for four weeks soon. She's in a very good frame of mind. I do worry and pray it all goes as well as it can for her.  I enjoyed reading everyone's posts. I've felt tired all day, so I'm going to call it a night early and catch up tomorrow.

Thinking of and sending  blessings to you all..Good Night!

~H~
Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here,did chores, did walk

have my mammo at 130pm today

clothes on line, windy day, chilly, hope clothes dry

ok later guys

Honored Contributor

Good late afternoon!

I finally feel like I am caught up. Two loads done & put away finally today. Our sons were helpful by moving a few things for me & going through some belongings some still had here. They brought up the ironing board for donation & one son helped clean the refrigerator coils for me. We did Italian take out on Friday & everyone went back on Saturday. Depending on the time they left determined the amount of traffic they encountered. 
I will be going to a place that buys CDs & getting rid of them for him. 

The son & DIL traded in their old car for a newer one as they will need a slightly larger car with another baby arriving in January. 

Middle son & wife brought their dog, who was comfortable with being in new surroundings. She especially liked chasing the rabbit that visits our yard. 

Another rabbit has decided it likes crouching behind our barbecue grill next to the deck. It's a good spot away from the wind & possible predators. I threw down a carrot for it to nibble on but it was asleep at the time. When I looked the next day, the carrot had been eaten. 

We are slowly going through the left overs. 

@Hayfield  The only thing you can control is your reaction to what people do. People in the past most likely remained in the same neighborhood or not more than 25 miles away from each other. It's very different now. 

Have a great Monday.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here

did sheets today,had to dry all loads in the dryer. it is overcast, damp wind off ocean today,dreary,snow flurries about the area.

did normal chores,did walk,not much else.later guys

Honored Contributor

Good Evening Friends,

@viva923 , I hope all goes well with your mammogram. I have an appointment coming up too..

@JustJazzmom , I feel like I'm all caught up finally with everything too. How nice your sons helped you with a few things before they left. Love hearing about your rabbits!

@Hayfield , for the most part, we've been fortunate spending time with our two kids on holidays but not always. We see our son more since he lives closer but with his job, we never know if he'll be busy. There have been times our DD, too, is either not in town and seeing friends or doing something else. When they were growing up, we lived about 4 hrs. away from my family. My DH's family lived near us. We divided our time as best we could, especially at Christmas. Like you, I try to not to be difficult if things don't go the way I like. I'm so glad you were able to spend time with your DD before she left.

@MariotaMurielle , I thought about you a couple nights ago when I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. I was wondering if you were up with Ezra. I think you said you'd be back home today. It must be getting harder and harder to leave...

We've got our tree up and I've done a little decorating. I don't plan to do as much as usual, but then  I say that every year. I went to the nursery and bought a couple big poinsettias to put on our porch. They look really nice with our wreath on the door. This has always been my most favorite time of the year....

Special hellos to Katte, LTTI, Catwhisperer, Auntg, Snardy, Tique and everyone. Have a peaceful rest of the evening...

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

I got home this afternoon from DD's. her visit with her neurologist was good news and not so good news. her neuro score from the doctor was lower than previously, but that's really not a surprise since she hasn't had her infusion in 10 months. but the doctor told her that the numbness, weakness and tingling should subside after she gets started back on her infusion schedule. the doctor also told DD that she should get more rest, but that's pretty hard to do when you have a new baby.

it's good to be home but I already miss my little sweetheart and his little fuzzy head.

DSIL's company Christmas party is Friday night on the coast so DH and I are going back on Friday to keep baby Ezra so they can go.

this Grammy is worn out!

sending big blessings to all.

here's a Pascagoula sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

CB121F67-CF09-414A-8E02-19063C4718A2_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich