Honored Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

hey all

DC weather and here just absolutely DELIGHTFUL. Cool wind,windy day, clothes dried in less than 1 hour. low humidity.

have to take walk 2 now, later guys.

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much with me today

quiet day

did normal chores

did walk this morn

hung out load of clothes

warmer and more humid today still comfortable.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

Good morning! We went away up to the Boston area this weekend to visit our kids & look at a few 55 & up communities. We really liked a 2 bedroom, 2 bath place we saw. We would have to modify the shower to be a roll in once we took possession of it. We will talk with our kids today before we sign for it. We celebrated our anniversary with them this past Saturday.

@SleeplessinSD  So glad your daughter has no spread of the breast cancer to her lymph nodes. I believe after a lumpectomy generally targeted radiation is done to the area. 

@MariotaMurielle  isn't it amazing how much stuff we accumulate through the years? I am just going through stuff now. We have kept up on maintenance but tossing out or donating things is now a priority.

I'm also in the process of using up stuff in my pantries.

Have a great Monday.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

good evening. DH spent most of the day working in the woods, getting the area ready for hunting season. I think he's in denial that hunting season will be interrupted by a new grand baby this year (and the fact that he will be having a surgical procedure soon Smiley Happy )

I spent a good part of the day packing things in boxes and putting things aside for donation. you're right, @JustJazzmom , it's amazing how much stuff we collect over the years.

I didn't realize you were preparing to relocate too.

it's very warm and too humid again here, as I knew it would be.

it's red beans and rice for supper tonight.

sending blessings to all.

here's an Ellisville, Ms. sunset.

BC9F9AAB-84A9-4AA0-9E4B-D6297371A089_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Good Evening, Everyone,

@MariotaMurielle , I had to smile reading your post about your DH. Maybe, he's just keeping busy to keep his mind off all the excitement coming up in your lives. Mine would probably do the same.  I hope his upcoming surgery isn't anything too serious. We're heating up here by the end of the week. I'll miss the cool Fall weather we've been having.

@JustJazzmom , we were relieved our DD's biopsy results showed no spread. She'll get her MRI results tomorrow with her surgeon and schedule the lumpectomy. We're praying all continues to go well. I also didn't know you were planning to relocate. Or will this be a second home. Good luck on whatever you decide.

@viva923 , I tried to find your post on the Harvest thread. There were so many pictures and posts, I gave up. I hope you aren't having any more medical delays or setbacks and are in less pain.

@Hayfield , our DD loved DC. We were a little worried her traveling by train alone. She got her ticket and Uber'd to the train station with no help. She's done a lot of traveling, but mostly with her parents. Sounds like your son is doing great with his new job.👏 I'm sure having him live near your DD is convenient. Hopefully, it stays that way!

Good Night!

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  The weather has been beautiful and I may play some golf today with DH, not sure yet!  Nothing much else going on.  DH cleaned the screen porch yesterday and the furniture that's out there.  It's been so hot that we didn't use it much this summer, but now it's getting nicer to sit out there.  

MM--It won't be long now before you DD has her baby and I'm sure your DH is just trying to get as much done as he can so he can enjoy the baby.  

JJM--How exciting!  Moving near your children!  I hope that you'll have a yard so you can continue to garden, you have so much knowledge and a green thumb.  

SISD--So glad to hear that your DGD had a great time in DC!

The kids today get around, don't they?  There is a great thing to do in NYC and it's free and outside!  It's the High Line and I've walked it several times!  It's a repurposed rail road that's high above the street.  Sometimes I feel bad, probably never going to NYC again, so glad I went as much as I did when DS lived there. 

Honored Contributor

hey all

that place next to me is a ZOO,the yelling screaming of the 3 adults,the banging on the walls,this morn was a real lulu , the 5 kids don't attend school of any kind, am so tired of the screaming of that zoo

Just Jazz, wow moving hope this will be a good fit for you guys.

did chores,sheet day, clothes on line watching weather closely to make sure no rain comes in just yet.

more humid,

did walk, ok later guys

Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  DH & I went & played at the Par 3 golf course yesterday and I did pretty good but boy am I stiff.  I haven't played pickleball or golf for some time and my body just stiffened up.  I am playing pickleball this morning, so I'll do some stretching before I go.  

Viva--So sorry to hear about your neighbor issues, luckily we haven't had any since we moved here.  The last time we had neighbor troubles was in 1981, the people the lived across the street from us were a nightmare, their children did drugs and hung out with a terrible group of kids and the parents didn't much care.  They took out our mailbox when they backed out of their driveway but never took responsibility.  

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today

furnace man came and cleaned and checked furnace for this year winter. all ok for another year.

dh is home this afternoon, dental appoint in less than 1 hour.

did not do walk today, had to wait for furnace man to arrive.

not much else, huge load of clothes on line hope they dry

later guys

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Evening,

@viva923 , I'm sorry about your neighbors too. You've definitely had the worse luck. I can't imagine putting up with that, and children not in school? What? Sadly, law enforcement, at least out here, won't do much more than make a house call. Maybe if enough of your neighbors complain it might help.  I'll keep my fingers crossed things get better or they move out!

@katte , I think you were supposed to have surgery today. I'm praying all went well. Thinking of you and sending special thoughts your way.🙏

@Hayfield , I'm not near as active as you, but I've been doing some stretching, and I think it's helping me when I overdo with gardening g or household chores.  I'll tell my granddaughter about Highline. Sounds fun. I'll definitely remember it too, since I'm sure we'll be making a few trips while she's going to school there. Our weather's been really nice the last week, but will start warming up tomorrow. We love sitting outdoors in the morning and early evening too when it's cool. 

I made tacos tonight per DH's request. He likes the corn tortillas fried, so I thought I'd try and find an easier way. I googled and found an air fryer recipe. It was easy, less messy and we like the way they turned out. Our son also called us today saying his hospital would be offering the booster vaccine starting October. Its available for family members, so he'll let us know date and time to go in.  It's been a little over six months since we got our last one.

I hope everyone's doing well. Missing people we haven't heard from and hope they are too. Good Night!

~H~