Respected Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

Good Morning!  Didn't do too much this week.  The weather is starting to get a little better, not as hot and a little less humid.  It did rain this week but we needed it.  DH & I went to the par 3 golf course, I'm starting to play golf again and I'm playing with 3 other ladies on Tuesday, so I want to get some practice in.  This weekend, no big plans, I do have book club tomorrow.  I didn't read the book, but I'll go anyway!  I read another book instead.  Guess I'm the rebel in the group!

SISD--I'm so sorry to hear about your DD and I of course I'll keep her and everyone else in your family in my thoughts and prayers.  

Viva--I read your story on the other thread, oh my!  I hope some resoultions can be found.

MM--If you decide to move to be near DD, that would be a good thing.  Maybe, since you've lived in our house for so long, you'll have some equity in the house and you won't have to take a mortgage out on the next one, or at least a small mortgage.  

Honored Contributor

My husband turned 75 yesterday. We had a small family celebration at a great restaurant in La Jolla. It felt good to be out. There still not requiring masks out here in restaurants, although all the staff were wearing, and we did until we were seated. Just wise to do so right now, I think. Our son is off today and watching football with us. He made Belgian waffles for us in our waffle maker. So good!

I know I keep saying it, but it's so hot and humid here still. Some of my plants are weathering, no matter what I do. Can't wait for Fall. I haven't read all recent posts. I will later. @viva923 , I'll check out Puddles thread. Wow! 18 years with your car. I'd say, you've gotten your money's worth and then some. @MariotaMurielle , you and your DH have done so much with your house. I'm sure you'll have no trouble selling, and I know you'll never regret being closer to your DD and your new grand baby!

Have a safe and happy weekend everyone. I appreciate so much your kind thoughts and prayers..

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

picked up my car today, in stead of being shook apart now it tinkle, tinkle tinkle, softness at last again, wow forgot what that cushy feel felt like in my car.

not much else guys. super busy with car pick up and another shoe appoint

ok guys later.

Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  DH and I are going golfing today, we'll go to a local golf course instead of the club today.  Our club golf course is so hard, the one I like is a older course and more wide open and so much cheaper to play too!  Win, win!  I hope everyone has a good day!

SISD--Happy Birthday to your DH!  It sounds like you had a wonderful day! Our county isn't requiring wearing masks yet but the next county over does.  Our county is less populated, so I think that's why.  I carry a mask and if I feel I need it I wear it.  I have another friend that got sick but she got a mild case and is vaccinated.  She had been travelling and she thinks she probably pick it up on her travels.  I'm hearing of more "breakthrough cases" and it does concern me.  

Viva--We had a 240 Volvo station wagon that we had 22 years, I loved it!  We try to keep our cars a long time too.  

Trusted Contributor

Hi Everyone

Well, I had my cardioversion on the 31st.  I went back into normal sinus rhythm by myself, so it actually wasn't needed.  My blood work came back showing my kidneys weren't functioning normally so they admitted me to the hospital  for 11 dys.  Got home Saturday the 11th.  My ablation is scheduled for September 29th.  I am resting  and waiting for the next hurdle to climb.  More later. @SleeplessinSD  Sorry to hear about your DD, hope she is doing better.

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today

did normal chores

did walk, finally met new neighbor lady who just moved in up the block chatted very briefly finished walk

hung up a huge load of clothes outside, pretty breezy clothes should dry pretty good today.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

Belated happy birthday to your DH @SleeplessinSD 

@katte  glad you are better from your hospital visit with kidney & heart.

Good luck on the sale of your house @MariotaMurielle 

Been incredibly busy here, cleaning, laundry & cooking. 

Yeaterday I made Sloppy Joe's from scratch. I found a nice recipe online for the mix. It looked a lot healthier than opening the McCormick Sloppy Joe mix which has as its first ingredient: sugar. 

Sunday, I did baby lamb chops with a spice rub of dehydrated minced garlic, rosemary, marjoram, sage & thyme. With sprinkled salt & pepper on both sides. I mixed a Tsp. of each spice in a small glass mixing cup and pressed it on each side of the chops. 

Drizzle canola oil over a foil lined baking sheet & cook at 350° for about 5 - 10 minutes per side for medium. 

They came out so good! 

Tonight we are expecting T storms again around midnight. Hope they aren't too wild.

Have a great Monday.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey guys

not much here today

sheet day, hung outside today, super humid hope clothes dry

did chores,

did walk

not much else,later guys

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi everyone.

it's been a little bit busy around here but nothing drastic is going on.

I spent 3 hours driving around yesterday looking for light fixture hardware. I bought the fixture at the consignment store for $4, not realizing that it had pieces missing. the first 2 places I went didn't even want to look at the fixture because I didn't buy it from them, but the 3rd place I went has everything anyone could ever need for light fixtures, so I was able to get it all and they even helped put it together for me. 

the headboard I ordered from Wayfair came in today so DH and I assembled it and attached it to the bed frame. that was exhausting but it's so pretty, a light brown linen fabric with antique looking nailheads around the edges.

48891E5F-5805-4428-9382-4EAFDC0C6314_1_201_a.jpeg

the tropical storm in Texas has blown rain and humidity over our area, and it will be like that for the whole week.

sending blessings to all.

here's an Illinois monument sunset at the Vicksburg National Military Park.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.D9E9D965-1769-42C0-AE1E-932AB5B3EB79_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hey guys

not much today

hung huge load of clothes up outside, pretty breezy today so clothes should dry well

did chores,did walk, not much else later guys