Trusted Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile.  We've been very busy.  DH has had a couple of skin cancers removed.  He has an appt on Monday to have one removed from his chest and then another one removed in October.  I've had some cardiac issues pop up with me. . I have to have  a  cardioversion done on Tuesday and then another ablation done October 1st.  .  I got a pedicure today and got my eyebrows done which is always a treat.  We're still in the Monsoon season here.  We just had a thunderstorm pass through and I don't think it's done yet.  Wishing everyone the best.  Enjoy your rest of the weekend. 

Trusted Contributor

@MariotaMurielle  Thinking of you and your family and sending prayers.  

Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle , you've been on my mind all day. I'm so glad your family will all be together. Praying, as so many times, things won't get as bad as predicted. Please keep us posted. Stay safe, dear friend.

@katte , I'm sorry to hear both you and your DH have been dealing with medical issues. I'll be sending prayers and healing thoughts to you next week and hoping all goes well for your surgeries. Take good care of yourself until then..🙏

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

MM sure hope Ida, implodes before landfall. she is heading to east coast after done with you guys.

not much else tonight. later guys

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here,

did chores this morn, got that done,dh did the heavy stuff I just dusted.

then we went into shed. i gave my neighbor lady 4 -- 50 pound buckets of laundry powder soap. i didn't like this brand

ok guys later.

Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  Just a quick post, we're heading down to the beach in SC for a few days with friends!  Hopefully will get to play some golf while we're down there.

Katte--Sorry to hear you & DH are dealing with health issues.  I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

MM--I hope Ida didn't cause problems in your area.  It looks like New Orleans took a big hit.  Glad you DD and DH came to stay with you.

Have a great week everyone, will check in when I get back!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MariotaMurielle , praying you are all OK and hoping you have power and little or no damage. Worried. Please let us know..🙏

@Hayfield , have a great time away..stay safe!

@katte , thinking of you and your DH..🙏

@viva923 , I hope you're feeling better each day..

So much uncertainty and sadness going on in the world right now. Everyone do your best to stay safe. Have a great week ahead. BBL

E56EBF40-C6BC-4272-8242-E0E6AFB700BC.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today

did a few chores, did my walk

ultra humid today,temp of 89 with feel of 98. actually had thick fog this morn

found out today a dear family friend is on the evacutation for Kabul, she is captain of one of the planes ferrying people to safety.

not much else guys, later

Respected Contributor

hi friends. just a quick check-in to say we are fine. we didn't get to sleep until about 3am because the wind and rain situation was wild and we were keeping an eye on the tornado watches and warnings. thankfully we didn't lose power during the night and it looks like the only damage we had was lots of small tree limbs down all over the place.

DD and her family left a little while ago to head back to Hattiesburg. it's still raining and pretty windy but it's going to be like that off and on all day and they wanted to get back before dark. it was good to see them, even under these crazy circumstances and I got to feel Ezra kicking several times Heart.

our SIL is an electrician and he offered to help DH change out several plugs and switches while they were here. every little bit we can get done is good and it was great to have his help.

our SIL's office is in Gulfport and someone called him this morning and said they have water in the building. he'll drive down tomorrow and see what needs to be done.

I feel really terrible for all those poor people in south east Louisiana and the Mississippi coast. it's going to be a long and difficult recovery for them.

blessings to all.....

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Glad you & your family made it through Ida safely @MariotaMurielle .

Have had a busy 2 days -- packing up more books for donation & texting kids re: if they wanted certain books. I managed to clear 1 1/2 rooms of their bookshelf books on main floor. 

We did pizza & a Caprese salad last night. Tonight it's spaghetti & meatballs with rest of Caprese salad. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼