Respected Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

Good Morning!  I had book club yesterday, I hosted.  The book I picked was from the same author of the book a picked last year, she writes mostly ghost type mysteries.  I loved the first I read, so I thought this one would be good too, but no, it wasn't, it was much more macabre, it was too much for me and for the rest of the ladies.  I apologized but they just laughed and said it was no big deal!  

SSID--A big anniversary!  I think you already had your 50th, so is this 55?  Yes, travel now is a little scary, that's the main reason that DH & I have been traveling local, where we can drive to get somewhere.  I don't know if it's safer but I feel better about driving somewhere than flying right now.

MM--Good luck with the baby quilt!  I'm sure you'll do a fine job!  

JJM--I heard that Central Park in NYC got 7 inches of rain!

Glad you had rain and no wind!  High winds can cause so many problems!

Viva--Good luck today!  Thinking of you!

I have Pilates this morning and Pickleball this afternoon!

It's still humid!  Have a great day ladies!

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom , I have some plants in my flower bed along with this one in a pot that's getting eaten by something. I googled and it said could be white flies/moths, as well as snails or grubs. Seems too high on the plant for a snail, I think, but I don't know. Can you recommend something I can buy or make to spray? Thank you!!

EB244F5C-20AF-4950-AB49-CA7297895AD5.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

HEY ALL

not a good day.

cancelled the surg again. am tired of this b.s.. am concidered not important so i get bumped on down till out. i have dead batteries in my back but oh well.

not happy one bit.

suposedly reschedule for thurs the 26th, will happen then i do not know am tired of the b.s. that is for sure

later guys

Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD @Hayfield @viva923 @MariotaMurielle @JustJazzmom @Hayfield 

DD is a bit testy-eyed because Le Lucas💙 will be going to K beginning Wednesday! 

We attended a CHEER exhibition last Friday! My stylist did a blow-out at my request Friday because I'm still trying to learn how to straighten it into its style due to the humidity.

Tonight is the first football game! (How cute!) The next door neighbor (Edward) is the quarter back... and then LaLexi🎀 is a cheerleader! It's a neighborhood event!

The power here went out Sat nite! There was a car crash in the area that must have taken out a pole!

@MariotaMurielle 

That "freeze" gel by PTR is difficult to work with, I think. That's why I put it on the night before and then clean it up the next morning with a wet q tip... still not ideal, but makeup can go on after as long as it's powder.

i like the Genie better, because it can be blended with foundation. However, I'm not convinced that it is good for skin after long term use. What it does do is make pores seem nonexistent.

@SleeplessinSD 

I will be sending wishes for safety for your brother.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 , I'm always fighting humidity, my hair is very curly. I'm liking the WOW hair products right now. I hope they won their game tonight. Would love to se LaLexie cheerleading. Sounds like a fun neighborhood. LeLucas starting Kindergarten..what???

@viva923 , OMGosh, I'd be swearing too. After spending the night at a hotel to be cancelled is unbelievable! Such a disappointment. Praying all goes as scheduled on Thursday..

@Hayfield , Mysteries/suspense books are my favorite too. If your book was macabre, I don't think I'd have liked it either. Good luck with the next one. Yep, 55 it is!

Such good news on the FDA approval today. I'm hoping it convinces those waiting and not sure to get vaccinated. 

I hope everyone's doing well and had a good day. Blessings to all..Good Night!

~H~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning! 

Busy past few days here. No loss of power but we received a lot of rain from Henri. I emptied the rain gauge twice! -- 10" of rain total. Some rain is in the gauge now from yesterday's rain. We did get some water in our basement which came in from the floor. The wet vac took care of it & I put a thick towel over the area to absorb any more water. 

Yesterday made with sliced up beef rounds into strips a Singapore satay recipe on wooden skewers served with rice. I served on the side cut up carrots & mini cucumbers with the buttermilk ranch dressing I made. I think it tastes better than the Hidden Valley one. 

@SleeplessinSD, if it's a plant you eat, I wouldn't spray for insects. And it looks just like nibbles on the leaves. Could be a larvae of something. Not sure what to recommend. 

@MariotaMurielle  I wouldn't even know where to start on a quilt. 

@LTT1  the first day of school is always a great event! Lots of tears among the grownups! 

@viva923  hopefully soon things will be done for your back.

@Hayfield  enjoy your pickleball. 

Waving to everyone else. It's going to be warm here next few days. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today

hospital called to give me update on surg on thrus.all is a go for thurs.went thru the meds i take/don't take/allergies to and such and so on and so on and so on, this time spent a good 20-30 min's on phone for this one.

did get walk done, it is a wet humid day can wring out air so much water in the air today.

did get walk in, have to fold clothes, in dryer, not much else guys later

Esteemed Contributor

I made another trip to the quilt store today and I think I now have what I need to get started.

the sheet rock people finished so now we are waiting for the painters. we don't know what day they will be here yet.

the next project will probably be new flooring. we'll have to get estimates on carpet vs. laminate before we decide what we're going to do. DH bought brushed nickel cabinet & door knobs and hinges today and that's a project we'll do ourselves. the house has brass everywhere and we've already switched out about half of them.

we are still having excessive heat warnings here. I hope it's not as hot and humid everywhere. it's ridiculous. yesterday DH cooked several types of meat on the grill so we didn't have heat up the house and now we have several meals half prepared for the next 3 or 4 evenings.

sending blessings to all.

here's a Biloxi sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

A200DA77-D03C-4277-A073-041FBC9E7EAC_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today,

listening to radio this morn.

am barely staying awake this morn, i may have to take a nap soon.

did as much cleaning as I could this morn, dh will have to help me when he gets home today.it is just one section of the bedroom, to heavy objects to movie

that is all for now,later guys

Respected Contributor

Good Morning!--Just a quick post today.  It's still hot & humid.  Playing pickleball in this heat is difficult but a friend that has her own pool invited us over to swim afterwards, it was so good to get in a pool after playing pickleball.  Today DH & I will go to the 3 par and try to play golf.  I haven't played in about a month! 

Viva--So sorry your procedure got rescheduled!

Have a good day!