Honored Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

hello all

not a good morn for me again. 

my trial run implant batteries died this morn, called doctor office as instructed to do, doc on call called me back,there is no one here to help you, you are on your own and call back on monday to see if anyone can help me. my final implant is suppose to happen monday not even sure that will take place, am so upset to say the least, kicked to the curb . all my regular symptoms have returned back to square 1 , am upset and angry to say the least.

heavy rain early this morn.began about 5am. did get my walk in with rain coat and umbrella.

not much else,later guys/

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Morning! Sorry you wrenched your back @MariotaMurielle . Rest and a muscle relaxant have always helped me. 

@viva923  Sorry you are dealing with battery issues. Hope it gets straightened out on Monday.

I am watching the tracking of TS Henri which is supposed to strengthen to a Category 1 hurricane. Radar is now showing the areas affected won't be our eastern end, but will be further West! Which means our area is in that cone. It's supposed to hit us either Saturday or Sunday. New England is expected to get this storm too which is a rare thing. 

Today heading to Home Depot for 2 bags of cedar mulch to finish replenishing bare soil areas in front landscape & replenish the disturbed areas where I planted those roses. 

Have a terrific Friday!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  Again, sorry I haven't posted in a while!  I've tried to go back and read some posts, but only had time to read a few. 

It's just been really hot and humid here, I haven't played golf in a few weeks, just too hot.  I've only played pickleball one a week or so, due to the heat.  We've gone to the beach a few times but this weekend is busy, going to dinner with friends tonight and hosting book club tomorrow.

Well, we're back to masks again.  Our county had made the mask call yet, but the next county over has, where Wilmington is , so it's just a matter of time.  

Sleepless--I'm sure your DGD is so excited to attend Columbia, I think I mentioned it before but DS lived near Colubmia when he first went to NYC, it's such a beautiful area up there.  

JJM--I read that your DGS turned three, could hardly believe it!  Time flies!  We have rabbits in our back yard, big fat ones! 

Viva--I'm so sorry that you're having health issues, I do hope things improve and fast!

MM--Your DD is having a boy!  How wonderful!  You must be sooooo excited for October to come!

Katte--I read that a proceed you were suppose to have, isn't going to happen.  Some things happen for a reason and I'll be thinking of you!

Remember when my DS came in June of 2020 to get out of NYC for a while.  Well, he lost his  job in August of 2020, I thought he might, being he's in the entertainment side of things, but hoping it won't happen.  The company lost 80% of their revenue.  Anyway, they gave him a good severence and then he was on the hunt for a job.  Luckily he found one and starting working in January but he stayed here as everyone was working out of their homes anyway.  I thought it best he stay here at least until he got vaccinated, which he did in April.  He got a job at a major university in Virginia, so we took him back in April.  He has a good friend that he went to high school with that bought a house and he's renting a room for her until he figures out what to do.  She's not charging much, so he continues to save money.  Since he lived with us for a year, he saved a ton of money, trying to look on the bright side of all of this.  He's living not far from his sister, so the other good thing is, they're both in the same area.  I don't know when this is all over, if it ever is, he might want to go back to NYC, I really don't know.  I was thankful that he at least got a job quickly and in the same area as his sister.  He was looking for jobs all over the country.  He really worked so hard to get a job and a university job is a good job with great benefits.  He's been going into the office one day a week and will start to go in three days a week but so many people don't want to go back to their offices.  He said it's pretty empty when he goes in.

Gotta go, take care everyone!  

Honored Contributor

Last night was seeing the radar of the track of Henri & part of the cone was over our area. This AM & this PM the cone has moved eastward away from us. That is better news, Despite it going to come shore on our eastern end as a Category 1 hurricane, it will be a tropical storm for us. 

I just finished putting down a 2nd bag of cedar mulch among our front trees & front landscape. It's hot out, but not too muggy or tropical. We are supposedly expecting T storms this later PM before Henri arrives. I think they are unrelated to Henri which is still far away.

That is great news that DS got a job on a campus. Being near his sister is a good thing. All our children are up in the Boston area. Two work remotely & one was doing that pre-pandemic. His wife just started medical school at Tufts.

Our eldest, with his wife & our DGS will be moving soon at month's end to a larger rental -- a first floor of a multi house. They will be closer to her parents who help out a few days/week with childcare. DGS will be enrolled in preschool this fall sometime. Everyone will be vaccinated among the staff as well as masks in place for all. 

Have a great weekend.

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom , so glad the worst of the storm passed you by!

@Hayfield , great news your DS landed such a good job! Staying with you, I know helped a lot. I'm sure you're relieved. Housing is beyond expensive everywhere. It's nice he's able to rent and stay with a friend while working too. Being near your DD will be great when you want to visit. You can see both! Is your DD teaching now or will she be going back soon? I agree. I don't know when things will go back to normal. I can't even remember what normal is! Good to hear from you and know all is well in your life!

@viva923 , wow! Can't imagine having to wait to see a doctor until Monday. Sounds just awful! Try and get as much rest as you can as to not make things worse. I definitely would call again if they do. Take good care.

@MariotaMurielle , I hope your back is feeling better. Muscle relaxants help me a lot too. Let us know!

My brother lives in Sacramento and he's not far from the fires. About 45 miles. We've all been keeping in touch. So far, just a lot of smoke. He knows to come here if there are evacuations. So far so good.

I hope everyone's having a happy, healthy and safe weekend. Waving Hi and sending blessings to you all!

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  I'm going to try to post more regularly, it's hard to do, once you get out of the habit, but I do miss you ladies!

SISD--I do hope your DB doesn't have to evacuate.  Those wild fires look terrible, so much land destoryed.  DD is back but it's just the teachers, the students don't report to school until August 30.  DD has been doing testing for the last couple of years, so she only teaches two classes.  She has her own little office and has liked doing that.  She just completed another certificate which will make her eligible to apply for an admistrative job, like vice principal.  I don't think she's planning on doing that anytime soon but said she wanted to have it so when/if she decides to go into admistration, she has her credentials in order.  She loves having her summer off, she travels alot in the summer with her DH and with her friends, so she's always on the go.  Since we took DS back to Virginia in June she didn't come down this summer.  We'll see what the Fall/Winter brings as far us getting together for Thanksgiving/Christmas.  Now that we'll be able to get a booster or 3rd shot 8 months after our 2nd shot, hopefully the Fall/Winter won't be bad.  We had planned to go to Naples, Florida then Key West last February and of course, we didn't do that.  We were thinking about going this coming February but who knows?  I was hoping to get back to normal, but now I don't know whether to make plans or not???  We did go to the mountains of western North Carolina a few weeks ago, but anything we've done recently has been driving trips, so if we have to cancel at the last minute, it's not a problem.  Most hotels are letting you cancel up to 24 hours before you arrive, so we felt safe in planning things, being able to cancel at the last minute.  This is a pain, that's for sure!!!!  

JJM--How nice that all your DS's are in one place too!  Hopefully it will be safer to see them soon.  Having everyone being vaccinated is good.  I do wish the FDA would approve the vaccine, so maybe more people would get it.  We need more people to get it, that's for sure.  I was amazed to find out a few people in our development didn't get it since most of us are older.  The friends that we spend most of our time with are vaccinated and all my immediate neighbors around me are vaccinated.  

LTT1--It sounds like you're doing well, having DD and the GC over when they didn't have AC was so nice of you.  

The weather here is been so hot and humid, I would hate not to have AC.  

I have book club today, I'm hosting!  I hope that everyone has a good day!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

hey all

hurrican henri is off coast of New jersey we have been having some heavy duty on/off showers most of today.

have duffle bag ready for hotel stay tonight.

staying close to hospital 2 blocks so less travel tomorrow morn during rush hour. 

did chores this morn,

did walk

not much else,

it was so good to ready Hayfield 

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

Henri made landfall at Westerly, RI as a tropical storm. Winds are at about 60 mph. 

Where we are the rain has been steady. I already put out the trash for tomorrow's pickup. No extreme winds here as I stare out the window at the trees. No loss of power here by us either.

Have a terrific Sunday. 

Respected Contributor

I started on a baby quilt and immediately felt like I am way over my head. I realized as soon as I started that I don't have everything I need, including space to lay it out. I'll just have to make do with the dining room table. it's going to be a very uncomplicated quilt, but since I've never made a quilt it feels complicated to me! I've been watching a lot of how-to videos. oh, and I know I should have started it months ago Smiley Happy

the sheet rock people are supposed to be back tomorrow to finish and then someone will be here in the next couple of days to paint.

@SleeplessinSD, a little ibuprofen and the heating pad really helped my back. I can't even imagine being anywhere near those awful fires. I hope your brother will be safe.

@viva923, I really hope all goes well for you tomorrow.

@Hayfield, good to see you!

hi to @JustJazzmom @AuntG @LTT1 @katte @snardy @Tique and all.

here's a Gulfport sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

16D1094B-7986-42B2-91FE-E89581F95719_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MariotaMurielle , I've never made a quilt. I just didn't have the patience. My mother did, and I still have one she made for me. I remember the time and effort she put in to them, so I know yours will be very appreciated too! Hang in there!  I'm glad you're feeling better!

@viva923 , good luck tomorrow! I'm glad you'll be staying at a hotel near. You've been through so much. Please let us know how you're doing when you can.

@Hayfield , we'll be celebrating a special anniversary in October and were hoping to finally get away. We haven't done any traveling other than a few visits with family and a few outings here and there. The thoughts of getting on a plane and staying in a crowded hotel right now doesn't sound good to me at all. I'm also worried what Fall will bring too with this new variant. I guess we'll see. Such great news your DD's career is going so well. Good for her! All my nieces and nephews are back in school in person, although not all full time. From what I understand, parents who wish can also continue with remote learning. Sounds like you had a busy, fun day planned with your book club!

Good Night Everyone! 🌙 😴 💤💕

~H~