Honored Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

@SleeplessinSD 

Look on that womenswork website for all leather gauntlet glove model # 383 which is a Medium according to the measuring tape palm method they show on that page.

My first pair lasted 10 years with bringing them indoors during the winter. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom , I saw your post last night before it was deleted. I just ordered in Small after measuring according to their chart directions. These are better than the floral ones I was considering. Can't wait to get them. DH could use something like these too. His skin is very thin and bruises and bleeds easily. Thank you!😊 🧤 

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey guys

busy day for me,

dh helped me do some housework around the house,he did the majority of the work, i did windows, anything to make me feel useful

talked with neighbor lady who is moving in about 2 weeks to new house.

got both walks in, that is all for now guys.later

Esteemed Contributor

hey all. it's been pretty quiet around here and I'm trying to keep busy so I won't constantly be worrying about DD and her DH.

he tested positive today. he will hopefully be able to get the antibody tomorrow.

she's doing ok. still sick, but somewhat better. it's been really stressful for them with both being sick. I offered to drive down and deliver groceries for them but she says they have everything they need and she really doesn't want us to come down there because there are so many people with the virus. the testing site and infusion center they went to were packed.

for those of you sending prayers, I am so grateful.

sending big blessings to all.

here's a Pike county sunset.

have a peaceful evning, y'all.

E017ECED-2B15-4580-BB35-9477DB08FBE0_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle  Glad your SIL is going for the infusion & that your DD is trending in the right direction! Out of curiosity how soon are test results received? 

@SleeplessinSD  glad you saw the info before it was deleted. 

Today was an on off rainy day here. I spent a good part of it tying up old textbooks & putting them to the trash. Unfortunately most places like Books for Africa want textbooks that are 10 years old or less. I also took apart a box that one of our sons left behind & went through it. Stuff from middle school! I texted him about some other items in that box -- viola instruction books, a music stand! He hasn't answered me back yet. I threw out a sad looking basketball that had no dimples on it. I found a volleyball he wanted & inflated it. The box I emptied will be used to donate more books to a local organization. I can't make them too heavy as they have to be carried out of the basement & then into the garage. 

That table in the basement is getting more visible! 

I made today creamy mushrooms with shrimp & pasta for dinner. You cook the pasta separately with everything else made in a skillet. I used Barilla's orecchiette pasta. This was a recent Washington Post recipe and I used an ounce of the green chillies I didn't use last week for added heat instead of a jalapeño pepper sliced thinly. I may add the remaining ounce to those leftovers. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MariotaMurielle   So glad your DD is doing better.  Hope your DSIL feels better spoon.  I'm sure it's been a very stressful time for your family.  Prayers are being sent for their speedy recovery.  DH's mother passed away on Saturday.  She lived in Montana in an assisted living facility.  She was 98 and had alzeheimers and didn't know anyone.  Such a sad disease.  DH's father passed away two years ago.  

Honored Contributor

hey all

MM hope your DD and her husband heal and get stronger as each day progresses.

not much today

overcast and humid out,got walk in early today

have my medicare yearly wellness visit today at 220pm

not much else, got a few chores done around the house, windexed some windows, windexed pictures on wall,at least i felt usefull in someway.

not much else,later guys

Esteemed Contributor

@katte, so sorry to hear about your MIL. I agree, Alzheimer's is such a terrible disease.

@JustJazzmom, I'm not sure exactly how long the test took, but they waited in the parking lot for the results, so it probably was pretty fast.

DD is feeling much better today but her DH is not. she couldn't get an appointment for him to get the antibody today. hopefully they can get him in tomorrow. the sooner, the better. I think it has really helped her recovery.

I think I broke the washing machine! I was washing a heavy load of towels yesterday and apparently didn't have it balanced properly. the machine started wobbling around and making that loud noise they make when they're off balance. I stopped it and tried to rearrange the load but it did the same thing when I restarted it. it finished the cycles and seemed to be ok. but this morning I washed a smaller load and it did the same thing. when it finished I noticed that the tub seems to be lop-sided. we called a repair person and when we gave him the serial number he told us our washer was "old school" but he should be able to repair it. I think we've only had the thing 6 or 8 years! he'll be here tomorrow.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@katte Sorry to hear about your MIL, Alzheimer's is an awful disease.

@MariotaMurielle  So it's a rapid test used. Hope your family gets over this disease quickly.

Today has been the usual Monday stuff. Laundry needs to be started here. Our old washing machine used to be off kilter when it was unbalanced. Hope it's not too expensive a repair. 

Our shredder died yesterday. In the Auto mode, it won't stop. And it won't shred anything anymore. I ordered another one from Amazon and it should be here within 10 days. 

We have clouds here & I have to get outdoors to feed the roses. 

I should have refrigerated the cornbread because it has mold on it. The next batch I make will be put into the fridge so it lasts longer. 

Electrician will be here tomorrow first thing to switch out a ceiling fan & light kit with just a light set. I am keeping the current globes for the new fixture as the new globes have 'ruffles' on their edges. Not my style. I should take them off today & clean them! 

Honored Contributor

hey all

MM isn't it funny how a washer that is only 5-10 yrs old is out of date. parts are harder to find,hard to find repair people to fix them, unreal how they just go in and out like water under the bridge.

wellness visit went well. doing everything possible to stay healthy. shots all up todate.

dh had to drive home in a blinding rain storm, 20mph all way home till about a mile up road when storm departed. we actually were very dry we just the thunderstorming stuff no rain, eventually it rained for all 30 seconds and that was it.

ok later guys