Esteemed Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

[ Edited ]

hey friends, we are mostly just hanging around inside trying to keep cool. my brother and DH couldn't get our old lawnmower going so we had to hire a neighborhood kid to cut our yard and weed-eat.

@katte, I'm sure you were very disappointed to hear what the doctor told you but as you said, everything happens for a reason. honestly, if your surgeon thinks that the outcome would not be good I would rather err on the side of caution and go with conservative management rather than risk your life. just my opinion, although I'm sure many would disagree.

@SleeplessinSD, those are such beautiful flowers in that photo you posted. are they peonies? I hope you are doing well.

a friend gave me 2 Red Fountain Grass plants about six weeks ago to put in front of the house. I just got around to planting them recently and it turns out I need 1 more to fill the space.  I went to 3 places today looking for one and nobody had any. it's probably really too hot to be planting them now anyway. I guess I'll have to wait until early fall to find another one.

@JustJazzmom, we've seen 2 or 3 small rabbits in our back yard lately. I think that's more than we've seen in years. they must have been just passing through because I don't have any plants they would want to eat.

sending blessings to all.

here's a Pope, Mississippi rainbow sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

FF84183F-A286-47EA-B22F-3799666671EE_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

We noticed a lump on Max's neck about the size of a golf ball. It must have been fast growing, because between brushing, bathing  and petting him, I don't know how we missed it. I called our vet he's gone to since we got him. They're so booked, we can't get him in for a couple weeks. She did say if he shows any unusual symptoms to take him to emergency, He's eating well, hasn't lost any weight, so hopefully it will be something we can just have removed if necessary. 

@MariotaMurielle , I'm pretty sure those flowers are peonies. They're so pretty. I've been tired all week from all the excitement here over last weekend. Today was the first day I felt like getting dressed to go anywhere, so we had lunch out. Have you heard from @LTT1 ? Seems we haven't heard from her for a while unless I missed it. Miss her as well as others.

Waving Hi to Everyone....Good Night!

~H~
Honored Contributor

So glad your brother is home now, @Sleepless!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD @MariotaMurielle @katte @viva923 @JustJazzmom 

I'm sorry I have been AWOL.

The new BARRE PITTSBURGH exercise program is eating my lunch!

Have been watching "The Affair" which was recommended to me by a Joshua Jackson fan. It's just ok...I am liking the actress....Ruth Wilson and may try to find something else with her because I cannot fathom that this series went on for so many seasons. Kind of painful to watch, although the acting is excellent.

''I have a new product to recommend and I purchased it here on the Q....

11B653FF-77C3-4955-BA39-C54B9ED392B5.jpeg

it's genie wrinkle smoother! When presented, they said it can be mixed with makeup and so I was "in".

Tried it yesterday...hands/mixed with makeup and applied in strategic places on face...major improvement!

Honored Contributor

@katte 

35FD2B79-2027-4527-A3DE-296B196B6FF9.jpeg

Honored Contributor

hello all

wow super busy today, been up since 430am, have been going strong, still more stuff to do just today.

later guys

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1   Thank you for the well wishes.  That picture is beautiful. I'm doing better than yesterday.  We just got back from town not too long ago.  Had to make a grocery run.  I've been resting.  I might watch a Hallmark movie.  Take care and enjoy the rest of your day. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SleeplessinSD   Sorry to hear about the growth on Max's neck.  Bailey has developed a growth in her flank area.  It's pretty large, but it doesn't bother her and she can function just fine.  When we took Blake and Bailey to the Vet for their shots the Vet said it was probably a lipoma.  He said we could have it removed, but it would be very expensive and the surgery would be hard on her.  We decided to leave it alone and she is doing fine, eating running, etc.  Bailey and Blake just turned 11 years old June 30th.  Blake doesn't have any growths on him.  Wishing the best for Max, I'm sure he will be fine, but it's understandable to worry.  

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 , I bought and am using the Genie line smoother too! A little goes a long way, and I think it makes a difference. I like you can still use your moisturizers, and it dries quickly. Sounds like you're keeping busy. So good to hear from you!

@katte , thank you. I'm a little more worried today. We noticed today Max's stool is black. I'm sure that could be for lots of reasons.  His appetite is good, but he's been sleeping a lot. He's over 10 years old. We have a great vet, and he knows Max very well. Praying for the best..

Blessings and wishes for a peaceful night to all..

~H~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning! We have been visiting family & went to our GS birthday party. The weather was perfect. No humidity! 

We gather together for dinner today before we travel back home. 

@katte  sorry that your surgery was canceled. Probably management with meds might be the better option.

@SleeplessinSD  Hope it's not serious what Max has. You may want another opinion. Yes, those were peonies.

@MariotaMurielle  perhaps you can split one of the two plants to make a third for your space? 

@LTT1 waving hello!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼