Esteemed Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

hi friends. I think we're in a modified monsoon season, like @katte mentioned. it isn't raining all day, but it does rain every day. most of the time with thunder, lightning & winds. but the showers are brief, then the sun shines like nothing ever happened.

yesterday I decided to get a very much needed pedicure. while she was finishing the polish we had a downpour, so I had to wait an extra half hour before I could even try to get to my car.

this evening we have plans to meet some friends at our favorite buffet restaurant (the place where I can get my craving for cabbage, turnip greens and butterbeans satiated Smiley Happy ) and then go to their house for coffee & cake.

have a great Thursday, y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

We've had heat, humidity and torrential rain followed by some of the coldest weather recorded in July! What gives? Today DH and I will cut lawn. Then on to clean the church. It's only 60 degrees and cloudy so I'm putting on a sweatshirt. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good late afternoon! Spent the early part of the afternoon, running errands before the T storms moved in.They're here now. Got to see before I left the resident rabbit stretch out below our oakleaf hydrangea on the soil where it's probably cooler if you had a fur coat on! 

A watch arrived for me yesterday & today I visited a large Macy's to have their watch repair remove some links. I asked if it was open at the watch department since it's on another floor from that department. The salesclerk told me that it has been closed since Covid!

I ended up visiting a local jeweler to get some links removed. 

I stopped into our local Bed, Bath & Beyond & picked up an OXO cherry pitter. I am thinking of making a cherry clafoutis that I saw in the Washington Post. I would use a glass pie pan or a square baking pan. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/recipes/cherry-clafoutis/17907/

We are still nibbling on the strawberry tart from the 4th. 

Tropical storm Elsa is set to arrive to our area this evening into tomorrow AM. I have a lunch date to tomorrow which depending on how bad it is might be postponed until next week. Right now we have T storms happening. I ran out before they started to refill the peanut feeder & harvest another small batch of lettuce. 

Have a great rest of Thursday.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Sounds like everyone's keeping busy. @JustJazzmom , I need a cherry pitter. I saw a great cocktail recipe to mix pitted cherries, simple syrup and vodka. Cover and let sit 2 to 4 days until mixture reaches the color desired. Serve over ice! @AuntG , I can't remember where you live, but our weather's the exact opposite. My sweatshirts are all put away. @MariotaMurielle , I'm planning on a pedicure this weekend. It's been a while. Enjoy your evening with your friends. Sounds fun!

Like I mentioned, it's so hot here. We had to move my large potted hydrangeas to a shady location. Out here, anything more than morning sun, and they start to shrivel up. I'm still worried about them because of the heat. They're so big, it wasn't easy. 

Everyone, Good Night!

~H~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SleeplessinSD  I tried the cherry pitter when I got home & it works well. Worth the $15 I spent after the BB&B coupon. 

I wonder if it works on pitting olives?

Below the cherry well, the pits go into a removable tray below. That black thing on the left & a coordinating one on the right expand to fit over the rim of a bowl of your choice for the cherries to drop in. 

54F336D7-0C27-47DA-BF1E-4E61A040538E.jpeg

Honored Contributor

hey all

WOW Auntg, that is cold weather for this time of the year back home. how i remember some of those summers you just wilted stepping out the front door. one year, i used a magnifing glass and caught a leaf on fire. i was a rascal

mowed the lawn today, had my cold water in my huge bag, drank 2=1 liter bottles of water.

got my hair cut too.

that is all for now,later guys

Honored Contributor

hey all

busy day

dh made an emergency run to costco said traffic was a nightmare again. only could get 2 of the 4 items we needed,another run in a month or two and try again.

hung clothes on line,lousy day for drying. turned hot and humid,was suppose to have been a nice comfortable day wrong guess. air is back on. we did have fans in windows, nope could not handle the heat any longer.

okguys later

Valued Contributor

Hello friends,

It sounds like there is a lot of crazy weather going on! It has been very hot here.  A few days, it was 100 degrees which is not typical for Colorado. At least we usually don't have a lot of humidity. We have to water our garden several times a day so it doesn't dry out. 

SleeplessinSD, that drink with the cherries and vodka sounds so good! I love cherries. Would you mind telling us the amounts you use? Thanks. I hope you are well and keeping cool. 💕🙏🏻

I read that when it is so hot, you have to be very careful that your pet's feet don't get burned on the asphalt or concrete. If you put your hand on the sidewalk and you can't hold it there for 5 seconds, then it is too hot for your pet. 

Have any of you done any Christmas shopping on the Q? I haven't watched the shows but I saw two things on the website that will be perfect gifts for my friends. 

Take care everyone and let's hope the weather returns to normal rather than these extremes.  

Blessings to everyone. ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Honored Contributor

Good afternoon all! Waving to @snardy . It's good to 'see' you!

I was up earlier than normal to attend a Hallmark Ornament Premiere.  I did get a few Christmas gifts that I use as stocking stuffers.

One son & wife are getting an ornament with tiny resin? seashells that has a sign on it saying: Beach days are the best! Another son & wife will get an ornament of 2 cardinals -- male & female. The unmarried son will get an ornament of a Boston terrier in a Christmas stocking. His alma mater's mascot was the Boston terrier.

I received yesterday from Kitchenaid direct what I thought would be the 7 speed mixer with whisk attachment. By the time I opened the box late yesterday I saw I had received a cold brew coffee maker! I have to call Monday their CS to see if they can send me a pre-paid return label & maybe expedite the hand mixer.

My delay was caused by me packing children's books into Small Home Depot boxes for donation. I am up to 8 boxes & probably need 3 more. They go to an organization called Book Fairies which send them on to underprivileged areas who might not have a lot of access to a wide variety of books. I have to call that organization on Monday as their hours are limited during the summer months. I will need to schedule a pickup since it will be 10 boxes or more. 

I did manage to go to lunch with 2 of my GFs & it was pleasant. 

Now my knees are achy from all that exercise yesterday.

Resting up today. Have a great day!

Esteemed Contributor

just stopping in to say hello. there's nothing happening around here, so we're having a quiet weekend.

if anyone here is a fan of Detective Chief Inspector Vera Stanhope like I am, it's coming on PBS tonight at 10 EST.

sending blessings to all.

here's a Bay St. Louis sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

F6E97EF4-8A7B-408B-93C9-C494B23B2BF6_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich