Honored Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

hey all

not much here today;

cool breezy day here,got laundry out and should dry nicely

not much else.

did chores

did walk

later guys

Respected Contributor

hi friends. we've had a quiet past few days with lots of gray skies and thunderstorms. we have a couple of errands planned for tomorrow, so hopefully the rain will have stopped by then.

I've been on a minor redecoration mission. we've had the same throw pillows on our couches for several years and I'm sick of looking at them. I've found exactly what I want on Etsy (Turkish kilim) and have ordered enough to replace them all.

@SleeplessinSD, I'm sure you've probably considered all the usual reasons for nocturnal legs cramps like depletion of potassium, magnesium, calcium. I don't have them often but I have experienced cramps bad enough that I had to get out of bed and walk around. it's painful. I hope yours have subsided.

we have several Canada goose families at the lake with fuzzy yellow babies. they've been fun to watch.

4E5FB086-8F78-4B24-8AB7-6687B23141AF_4_5005_c.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone

We just got back from town. Had a few errands to take care of.  We went to Walmart, and Frys for groceries and then to DMV to pay for car tags for the pickup and SUV.  On the way home DH said "How about a Dairy Queen" and I  said of course.  LOL I got a small blizzard and he got a chocolate dipped cone.  Tasted pretty good.  I had a real nice Mother's Day.  Heard from DS and DD and had a nice long telephone visit.  We didn't cook, just went and picked up some Chinese food which was nice.  Out weather has turned warm again.  I think Summer is here.  It sounds like everyone had a nice Mother's Day.  Enjoy the rest of your day and evening.  More later. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Good evening! The US agent for Lily Looks Asiatic lilies e mailed me back & asked for a photo. Today one of the lilies opened 1 bud. I took a photo & sent it on. The ones I bought are called 'Tiny Snowflake' -- no speckles on the petals -- a beautiful white. There was no label identifying it from Home Depot.

Today was my 1st foray to outdoor dining. I met a vaccinated GF for lunch at a local Italian place. I bought a salad & took 1/3 of it home. We hadn't seen each other in over a year! Last time we got together was on our patio & we brought in our lunch.

It was glorious sunshine today with a breeze. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom , Asiatic Lily's are beautiful. Do you grow from a bulb? How nice you were able to see your friend after so long. Life seems to be slowly returning to normal..

@katte , so nice to see your post. Sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day. Dairy Queen is one of our favorite treats. Like your DH, I usually get the dipped cone. 🍦 

@MariotaMurielle , I take Calcium daily. I have read about lack of potassium causing leg cramps too. My cramps can be so bad at times, I'm not able to walk it off. I attribute it to dehydration. I know I don't drink enough water daily..

@LTT1 , a lot of people I know don't care for Sushi, but we do. We have a great place near us. Glad to hear you and DD enjoyed a relaxing day..

@Grand Happy , what a thoughtful gift from your DH. I'm sure the wreath is beautiful with sentimental dates added. I'm glad your shoulder's  feeling better. Steak and lobster..yum!

Waving Hi to all I missed. I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow. It's been a couple months, so it's time. The place I go to is in La Jolla which is a bit of a drive from our house. My appointment is at 11 AM, so I'm sure we'll stop for lunch after. 

Wishing everyone a relaxing rest of the evening..

~H~
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SleeplessinSD, I ordered some Anastasia brow pomade and it arrived today. I bought the Ash color, recommended for my hair color, and it's a wee bit darker than I thought it would be but I really like it. I've never used a pomade so I wasn't sure what to expect. it is very manageable and doesn't look harsh, which is my main complaint with most pencils I've tried.

hi and big blessings to all. @RetRN , I miss seeing you here.

here's a Pascagoula sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

8DA8D000-12C4-4266-B577-7A2055CDD865_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD  No, I have bought the potted plants & transplanted them. I have had to put rabbit fencing around them because they will eat the entire Asiatic lily to the stem! 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Good Morning Ladies!  I hope that all is well with you!  I just read a really good book, even though I'm in a book club I don't always read the books but this was just grabbed me right away.  I lent it to a friend when I was done and she finished it in a day!  It's called A Fall of Marigolds by Susan Meissner.  It's a very hauting story about two events that take place 100 years apart, The Triangle Shirtwaist Fire and 9/11.  The connection between these events are two women and a scarf of marigolds.  I don't recommend books that often but I think you'll enjoy it if you decide to read it!

Honored Contributor

hey all

Hayfield, the book sounds excellent. I do remember reading of the triangle shirtwaist fire in nyc and of course 9/11. 

not much else today

clothes hung out

walk completed

chores done.

later guys

Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD

I looked up nutritional info on sushi and it looks pretty healthy!
If we had eaten at our Mexican place, I would have downed more calories, for sure!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~