Honored Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

@SleeplessinSD @viva923 @Hayfield @JustJazzmom @MariotaMurielle 

Happy Mother's Day! 
Let's meet for brunch...

BA35DBEE-5607-4170-A7CF-A08E69694584.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Happy Mother's Day!

We started out with sunshine today & now it's lightly raining. I have half our trash out. The baby lamb chops are sprinkled with the spices & the oven is heating up for the baby potatoes. I bought today the mini seedless cucumbers for our salads. I may use one or two this week when I make sesame noodles again. 

I visited a larger Home Depot & found almost the same white Asiatic lilies that I have in our garden. One that has come back consistently is a lily called 'Tiny Nanny'. The new ones are white petals with brown speckles on them from the same company that created the 'Tiny Nanny'. I e mailed them in the hopes they can ID them. No label was in the pots.

I had to put rabbit fencing around them because rabbits will eat them down to the stem. The fencing deters them, except maybe a daring one that will stand on its hind legs to eat the leaves that are sticking out or the petals.

Have a terrific rest of Mother's Day.

6DDE25AF-E5EE-43E3-9F18-ADB4EE5D891B.png

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

it's been a stormy day here. lots of lightning, thunder and rain. a good day for reading and watching reruns of Downton Abbey & Hallmark.

DD and family had planned to go to her in-laws for the day, but her MIL wasn't feeling well so the celebration was canceled. her DH and stepson went just for a quiet visit and she stayed home to have some quiet time and relax.

DH is cooking supper for me this evening. beef tenderloin and homemade french fries. I picked lettuce from my garden this morning too, so a small salad will be enjoyed.

I'm ready for a quiet evening, already in my nightgown & robe.

I hope everyone had a good Mother's Day, whether you did anything special or not.

here's a Starkville, Ms. garden sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

94042CE7-A14F-4AEE-B5D9-6DFEF3C59DC7_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Good Evening Friends, sounds like everyone had a good day. My family just left. The weather was beautiful, so we spent most our time outdoors. We had crab cakes our son had shipped from a great restaurant they went to while in Maryland. They were the best I've ever tasted. Our daughter came just for the day. We hadn't seen her for a while. It was nice just all being together again.

I'm very tired. We're settled in and plan to relax the rest of the evening. I'll catch up on posts and be back later. 

Blessings to Everyone...Good Night!

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

SLEEP Maryland crab's are super delicious. they are the tops here. everyone raves about them. i can't eat them(allergic to them) but dh says they are super melt in the mouth crabs. live about 1 hour from the bay where many crabs come from here in the maryland,delaware area.

anyway,

did chores,

did walk

hung out clothes but lawn man due today and have to keep an eye out get down the clothes asap when he comes;

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon! Today was laundry day here too. I got a reply back from the US Agent for Lily Looks that sells to Home Depot. The person told me what it might be, but when a bud opens to send a photo so the person can confirm what variety it is. 

Spoke with a GF who is still visiting her unvaccinated Mom at her home. Her Mom is of the attitude -- if I get it, I get it. 

There are no words to describe the frustration she tells me. 

Anyway, the water utility marked the roadways by us with blue spray paint in preparation to redoing the roads. So I figure in about a few weeks this will  occur. 

It was sunnier this AM but now it's overcast again. Youngest son sent me flowers which arrived today. Beautiful! 

Have a terrific Monday. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Good Evening,

@JustJazzmom , re your friend's mom, we know people like that. They've made up their mind and nothing will change it. It is frustrating. I haven't seen any rabbits around this year. Our son has a cat that's coming around at night nibbling on his fruits and vegetables. He got up early for work one morning and caught it in the act!

@viva923 , Yes! these were the best crab cakes ever, and we've had them at some really nice restaurants out here. They were big and full of tender crabmeat. Melt in your mouth delicious!

@MariotaMurielle , sounds like you and DD both had a relaxing day yesterday. Lately, I'm having really bad painful leg cramps at night. I've been using the "Two Old Goats" lotion you recommended a while back. It's the only thing that helps almost immediately. Thanks!

@LTT1 , it would be great to meet for brunch! Love Simon & Garfunkel/song!

@Hayfield , Happy Early Anniversary! I think you've traveled with these friends before for your anniversary, right? A trip to Savanna sounds great! So good to hear from you! It had been a while. Glad you're enjoying golf!

Another really nice day here. We spent most of the day just cleaning up and putting things away from the weekend. Other than that, it was a quiet day. We're going to Old Town tomorrow for lunch at a restaurant we like there for Mexican food. We haven't been there since last year. 

Thinking of and sending blessings to everyone. Enjoy the rest of the evening...

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

not to much today

sheet day. i washed everything that was not nailed down LOL. sheets/blankets/ and everything else is hung out. my lines are full up

did chores,

did walk

ok guys later

Valued Contributor

Good morning ladies,
Sounds like everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day.
I did as well. My son skyped at 6:15 am he's one hour ahead with a one yr old.
He gave me a beautiful wreath for our front door full of Hawaiian flowers, he knows his momma well.
My husband made me a beautiful wooden heart, he made in wood the last two digits of the Year our son was born then he's going to make more with the year we got married and significant dates, they hang from the heart, hope I explained it well my husband has the best ideas when it comes gifts. He made steak and Lobster it was amazing.
I've been busy spring cleaning, probably over doing it, but I looked at it as physical therapy on my shoulder which is doing great since surgery.
Have a wonderful day 😊
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD @Grand Happy @viva923 @JustJazzmom @MariotaMurielle 

Mother's Day was great!

We had salmon, chicken and sausage that DSIL had smoked on his new smoker!

Then, DD and I met for sushi at a favorite place which it is nice to see is now open for business again!

We both had a craving for Mexican food, but when I arrived first at our favorite Mexican place, for some reason it was closed! But only closed for Monday...?? No reason as to why.

'We had a relaxing visit, just the two of us.

Saw this photo of books and thought of you, @MariotaMurielle !

D4BD875E-9FA7-47AA-A669-47FB10FCC1D9.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~