Valued Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

Thank you for the welcome. Just got home from PT I'm recovering from shoulder surgery.
So exciting seeing life somewhat getting back to normal. Kids playing sports again is a great sight to see. We became fist time grandparents last year, can't believe she'll be one soon.
Where ever you go remember to smile even behind the mask, it's also a feeling inside of joy 🙂 and others can feel it and pass it on!!
Honored Contributor

Welcome to our group, @Grand Happy .

PT will help your shoulder get back to normal.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Good Morning,

@JustJazzmom , @Hayfield , Our granddaughter is enjoying her first experience exploring NYC/Manhattan. Columbia, according to our son, is high on her list. @Hayfield , they took a walk around Morningside Heights. DS sent us pictures saying it's "charming, quiet, slow pace with quite a few students walking around". 
Glad to hear you're enjoying golf. Good luck today!

@MariotaMurielle , how nice you were able to get a credit on your shoes after so long. Got a kick out of your "giggles". CA. is still strict about wearing masks while in public places especially. Still, there are those resisting here  too. Smh. Sounds like you had a fun day getting out!

@Grand Happy , congratulations on your first grandchild! One is such a cute age. Things are slowly opening up here and getting back to normal, whatever that is. . We're enjoying getting out more. Sorry to hear about your shoulder...take care!

@viva923 , sorry to hear about possible road closures around your development.  Good luck!

@katte , thinking of you and hope you're feeling stronger. 🙏

We've been watching over our son's place while he's away. Going back and forth. We need to run some errands around here then will head that way later. We'll probably have have a late lunch or dinner out there too. I hope everyone has a good day and weekend ahead...

~H~
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER!
Wonderful that now she gets to choose!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

SleeplessinSD, I also suffer from sleep deprivation. I chew two melatonin, rub lavender on my wrist and behind my ears, my DH rubs my shoulder and most days it takes me three hours to fall asleep SIGH!
Do you have any recommendations? I just bought menopause tea and lozenges hoping they help.
Sounds like your granddaughter enjoyed NYC sounds like a delightful school.
JustJazzmom, Thank you
Trusted Contributor

@Grand Happy   Welcome to our group of fantastic ladies.  Look forward to chatting with you and getting to know you better.  Have a great day!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone

DH and I just got back from town.  Had some grocery shopping to do and we stopped for lunch.  I am feeling alot better than three weeks ago.  I have more energy and can do more and more on my own.  It is rather cloudy and windy today and a lot cooler.  I went and got a pedicure yesterday.  It had been so long with the pandemic and all.  It sure felt nice.  Not much news, just stopping in to say Hi.  Everyone enjoy their day. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here today

haircut day, went to Lidl's after hair cut. got me 4 sets of nice sheets at Lidls. drove home did 2nd walk and not much else.

ok guys see all later

Valued Contributor

Katte, Thank you for the nice welcome.
Aren't pedicures Devine, I had one on Tuesday. Definitely a must for our beautiful weather, it's going to be 90 yes 90 tomorrow.
Honored Contributor

Good evening all!  We had decent weather today except now we have some rain coming in. The sprinkler folks came by today to open our lawn sprinklers. One head needed adjustment on the distance so it would reach an area that had died over the summer. Another head inside a plastic container was askew and they straightened the container out so now the head waters the plants properly.

I had a busy week here with service people here pretty much daily for various reasons. I intend to sleep in tomorrow!

I found the hazelnut flour at our local supermarket so it must have just come in. I bought another bag in case I decide to make more of the chocolate hazelnut madeleines. They are so tasty with a cup of tea.

I spent part of the early morning removing dandelions from our lawn with a dandelion tool, yesterday's all day rain made it a whole lot easier to remove them from the soil. I filled up an entire small wastepaper basket of them.

Now I need to talk to the lawn crew to reposition a rhododendron so it doesn't block the walkway too much and I need the removal of a disease ridden English rose called 'Pat Austin'. I think I am going to replace it with a lighter orange rose called 'Sierra Lady' from a German breeder called Kordes.  They have the best roses in terms of disease resistance on the market.

One own root I do own froze down to the ground again and I am not seeing new growth emerging. It is early so I will wait on that removal. I think it needs to be in a higher hardiness zone than 7. 'Frances Meilland' is a gorgeous disease resistant fragrant rose but it isn't happy with our winters.

Have a terrific Friday.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼