Honored Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

[ Edited ]

Plumber came by & determined it's tree roots growing into sewer line. We have had them removed in the past maybe 15 years ago? We had it done more frequently when we had a sycamore tree on the utility strip. It's probably my neighbor's Norway maple causing this. 

The company they contract with to snake main lines will be by tomorrow AM to take care of this. He advised us not to run the DW or washing machine today. I had done that a few days ago!

I do think that soap doesn't help either! The copper sulfate stuff that we used to put down the toilet never really worked.  

I really wish that we could wave a wand & these things would disappear. 

I so need a vacation!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Good Morning Everyone!  It's been absolutely gorgeous here the last week or so!  April & May are the two best months here and we're enjoying them as much as we can before the high heat & humidity barrel down on us!  I've been golfing a lot and getting a little better, plan on going this afternoon but tomorrow is the real test, going with my lady friends to golf at our club and that's a regulatiion golf course, not a par 3.  Wish me luck!  I hope that everyone is having a good day!

Respected Contributor

MM--So glad you got your manicure!  I don't get manicures I do pedicures and went back to getting them as soon as they opened up.  So excited about your DD becoming a mommy!  I'm sure you & DH are thrilled beyond words!  October will be here before you know it!

JJM--When we decided to move DH said he wanted a "new" house because it would mean less problems! Boy was he wrong!  We had to replace a 2 1/2 year old garbage disposal and had to repair our upstairs HVAC system.  It's always something with a home, old or new, so I feel your pain dealing with house issues and needing, not wanting a vacation.  The past year hasn't helped either.  DS got the J&J vaccine last week too!  They made the vaccine available to everyone now in our state and I got him an appointment.  He's still here and that's another story for another day!  

Respected Contributor

Viva--I understand your frustrations with the washer, they don't make anything like they used too, everything is cr*p!

I say, don't buy anything unless it is on sale, don't buy top of the line and don't expect it to last that long!

SISD--How exciting!  Your DGD getting into Columbia!  That area is called Morningside Heights and DS lived there for two years when he first graduated college 2008-10 and it's one of my favorite parts of NYC!  It has a very residential feel up in that area and the brownstones are beautiful!  I loved walking around there. There was a diner in that area that I loved, can't remember the name of it but good food.  I'm sure your DGD will love it and make the right choice.  It would be nice since she was raised on the west coast to go to an east coast school, just for the totally different experience.  

LLT1--Sorry you had a reaction to your shot.  Sorry to hear about your hair loss.  I can tell mine is starting to thin out a little but I think mine is just the normal aging thing, everything is starting to go!  

Honored Contributor

hello all

so good to hear from you Hayfield.

we are seeing peaks of sun, oh my gosh,forgot what that golden orb looked like LOL

got low down on a 2.5-3 year project for my city, WHAT A MESS IT IS GOING TO BE.of course it is on the major road we need to get into and out of the town and get on the major highway.looks like a near 3 year finding other ways around town, the bad part we only have 1 road in and out of my developement, so if they the state highway department cuts us off which they said they were closing o ur road to redo the entire intersection for several months we are **rewed.

not much else,later guys

Honored Contributor

Good morning! Waving to Hayfield. Enjoy your golf outing. 

I was up earlier than normal as the company that contracts with the plumbing company was here (1 guy) to cut the tree roots blocking our sewer line. DH told me the last time it was done was when middle son went off to college at U Chicago. So 15 years sounds about right. 

I have hazelnut flour defrosting & the DW is going right now. I am going to make either later today or tomorrow chocolate hazelnut madeleines. Just a little something to have with tea or coffee. 

We have light rain now but will get more steady as the day wears on.

@SleeplessinSD  Congrats to DGD on getting into Columbia. Living in NYC/Manhattan is such a great experience, between the museums, department stores & Central Park, there are plenty of activities to do.

I lived in NYC when I graduated college & had my first career job.

Have a terrific Thursday.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Good morning everyone, I'm very close to being the young 60 so I hope you'll don't mind me bunting in.
I'm a long time poster, step away for awhile, dealing with some health issues that came out of the blue with zero warning and no symptoms. After running test I was pre- disposed on having this condition when I got older, totally out of my control. It's been two yrs now, I'll share soon just need to start slowly.
Wishing you all a fantastic day, remember to smile 🙂
Honored Contributor

@Grand Happy , welcome to our group. Looking forward to getting to know you...have a great day!

~H~
Respected Contributor

hey y'all. the sun is shining today and it's pleasantly cool so I decided to get out and run an errand I've been needing to do for a year Smiley Happy

on a visit home in March of last year DD and I went to DSW and she convinced me that I needed a pair of leopard print flats. I put them on again after we got home and I knew I would never wear them....they were very, very leopard-y. then the very next week is when the World Health Organization declared the Covid pandemic. stores were closing, people were being told not to go out, so I put them in my closet and forgot about them. the other day I was looking for something and came across them again,  saw that I had put the receipt in the box, so I decided I would see if they would accept them as a return. they took them back and gave me store credit, which is fine with me. I really didn't expect a refund.

it's usually the little things that give me a giggle...while I was at the counter a woman came in the store with no mask on. the salesperson said "ma'am, do you have a mask?"

the woman acted like she was so surprised and said "oh, do I need to wear a mask?"

I wanted to say "lady, there's a sign on the door that says masks are required, and there is a pandemic still going on, so YES, you need to wear a mask".

later in the afternoon I was looking at the program guide on TV and noticed that another shopping channel had a show on called Waggoner's Chocolates, and the next show on their schedule was going to be Reduce Fat Fast. another giggle for the day Smiley Happy

@Grand Happy, you are very welcome here. come back any time.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hey all

just a touch in, not much here. actually had full sun this  afternoon. got tale end of 5pm weather, possible more rain tomorrow, all the way thru next week monday 1 day of nice and back into showers beginning wednesday.

not much else,later guys