Honored Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

Stopping in late. Seems like I was on the phone most of the evening with family about different things. We're trying to plan a family get together/reunion finally. It may have to wait until Summer maybe around my birthday in July. I've invited everyone here, so right now they're 'saving the date'. Thank goodness, as of now, we've all had our vaccinations.

@LTT1 , Im so sorry you're having a bad reaction to your vaccination. I hadn't heard hair loss being an issue. I'm glad you're checking with your doctor. How great it is you live close now to help so much with the grands. I like that basket! So good to hear from you!

@JustJazzmom , I hope you're doing OK after your vaccination today. Have a good weekend!

@MariotaMurielle , I hope you're feeling better. My sister said today was the best she's felt all week..

@viva923 , I agree. The last thing you needed to hear is your new washer giving you more problems. I guess time will tell..

Thinking of Everyone and sending blessings to all...Good Night!

~H~
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD 

thank you!

I really don't think hair loss would be an issue for many...mine happens specifically just me!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

hey all

LTT i have lost most of my hair. have just a short mop left, on top of head i have to rub in moxadil (rogain) to keep something on my head.

not much here, very wet here,looks like a whole week of this wet weather will be hanging around.

did chores, clothes finally in dryer. ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

Good evening all! We had one brief shower this AM and then abundant sunshine here today.

I had a rough night sleeping alternating between feeling cold and perspiring. Not sure if it was due to vaccine as I was achy in my thighs and knees after gardening yesterday. I was applying Preen and then cedar mulch to certain bare areas of soil.

Today I got up way earlier than normal as I had plumber stop in to determine why a quarter sized amount of water in one corner of a small radiatior had occurred last night. He found nothing! Just said put a paper towel below it and monitor.

He also helped me by changing out a light bulb on the garage door front motion sensor. He as able to get on a 5' ladder and change it out!

I was dealing with a dull headache for most of the day and even eating wasn't getting rid of it. My arm is less sore right now. Finally ended up taking a nap this PM and slept for 2 hours! I feel better right now and am hungry. I have planned ham steak for the 2 of us with a new recipe for ham glaze or sauce. If it's good will enter it on an index card for future use when we actually have a regular ham.

My Wilton mini muffin pan and extra large baking sheet showed up today from Amazon via USPS. I thought for sure their Amazon van would be delivering it.

We are expecting rain tomorrow for a good part of the day. A great day to catch up on newspapers and crossword puzzles.

Have a great rest of the Saturday.

@LTT1Hope you reschedule that 2nd dose. Our middle son got the J&J one yesterday so he was one and done.

@MariotaMurielleHope your sciatica is resolving.

@viva923how is the new washing machine? After reading that since the pandemic many brands of appliances are on back order because so many are remodeling and changing out their old appliances I am glad we got the new Maytag washing machine before the pandemic began back in 2020. 

I have been quite pleased with the features and amount of room inside that tub. Our old one was half the cu. ft. this new one is. I also find that the new machines require a maintenance of using Affresh for washing machines after a set amount of washes. In addition to running that option, you have to do a drain and spin cycle plus extra rinseto remove any residue of the Affresh from the tub. It probably contains chlorine.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Just Jazz,

I used affresh every 30 days for old washer, have a 3--8 tablet boxes ready to use for new washer/ i would run a cold water speed wash after each affresh clean i did.

not much tonight,watching dvr'ed shows tonight.

ok guys tomorrow

Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD @viva923 @JustJazzmom @MariotaMurielle @Hayfield 

HAPPY SUNDAY

0DCF0794-88DC-4301-A3FF-94E3E87A4F05.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here today

very heavy rain overnight, now showery weather

did chores

did walk

folded clothes

not much else,later guys

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom , @MariotaMurielle , I hope you're both feeling better!

@LTT1 , Beautiful photo/words. thank you!.💕

@viva923 , @Hayfield , @katte , @AuntG@snardy , and Everyone..65437422-7C20-4320-9D56-8C238A31C5F1.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD  Yes, feeling much better! Appetite is back, no achiness either. 

DS got the J&J on Saturday & he has had a fever & muscle aches last night into today. 

We have intermittent rain here. Will be watching recorded TV & reading today's papers.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

hey friends. we went to a friend's house for supper on Friday night and enjoyed a great evening. until the tornado sirens started going off. we decided it was time to head home and got caught in a horrendous thunderstorm. it stormed all night and the wind and rain was awful but we were fine.

the rest of the weekend has been really beautiful. I picked more lettuce and enjoyed the fresh salads.

I bought some flannel scraps with baby patterns on Etsy. they're called "fat quarters", which I had never heard of but a friend who is a quilter told me about it. I believe they're called that because they're basically a quarter of a yard, but I don't know where the "fat" part of the name comes in Smiley Happy.

I have borrowed a sewing machine and hope to be able to learn to make baby blankets and quilts. I'm starting with simple burp pads using these flannel pieces. I haven't used a sewing machine in 30 years, so this will be an adventure.

sending blessings to all.

here's a Smith county sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

B6EFCF0E-4C2F-4C4B-8808-201DD5897022_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich