Respected Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

Good Afternoon & Happy Easter!-- I hope everyone has a lovely day, the weather is beautiful!  DD was here during the week, so today, it's just going to be a typical day for us, already went to the fish market to get some fresh fish for dinner.  Took a walk early this morning and this afternoon DH & I are going up to the club so I can practice my putting!  Oh, I had a wonderful Easter morning surprise (NOT!), I was making breakfast and I noticed there was water in the cabinet under the sink, we found a small leak coming from the garbage disposal and DH tried to fix the problem put with no luck, so I'll call the plumber tomorrow.  Luckily, it a very small leak and dosen't need immediate attention, it's Easter Sunday and I don't think I'd be able to get anyone to come anyway!

MM--Congratulations on your big news!!!!!

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here.

just watching t.v.

nothing much for dinner for me tonight. just a bake tater,and a slice of meatloaf that is all. not much else

did my afternoon walk, that is all, later guys

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We had a great time at our DIL's parent's house. They have a huge covered outdoor patio and so had everything set up there as a buffet. There was so much food. We had a cupcake decorating contest. I didn't take pictures, but everyone got pretty creative.  It was fun. We got back late afternoon and have just relaxed out back. @viva923 , I hope you've got your washer set up and you're able to do your wash the way you like. @Hayfield , sorry to hear about your leak. Don't you hate when these things happen on holidays? Good luck! @JustJazzmom , I'm sure your Zoom call with you DGS was fun!

72ED0606-D5F7-45CE-9A44-37FCED07E880.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

busy day here

washed all drapes on all windows,that was so tedious chores. NO walls washed this year, maybe next.

have clothes to hang up.

later guys

Honored Contributor

5C4BC4E1-59E8-4903-ABEC-CC12B48B324F.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all,

more spring house cleaning today. super duper busy

later guys

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon! We have a beautiful sunny day here. I wish I had @viva923  energy. My roses need some pruning. Maybe tomorrow.

I spent last evening rewriting a few madeleine cookie recipes. There was a classic madeleine recipe in the Sunday paper & I decided to compare mine with theirs. Mine wasn't too different. I did get an exact amount of butter to flour to prep the madeleine pans from the newspaper recipe. I'll be making a batch maybe next week. Depends on how fast we eat the bundt cake I made. 

I also found a better recipe to make chocolate hazelnut madeleines. Now that hazelnut flour is available, it's easier to make them instead of grinding hazelnuts beforehand. My recipe called for separating eggs & melting chocolate in a double boiler. This new recipe calls for 3 Tbsps. of cocoa powder. I also have hazelnut extract too if I decide to use it. 

A new nonstick 6 Cup bundt pan from Nordicware arrived today from Amazon. I decided to splurge on their gold anniversary version. Thst one has handles on each side. My older 6 Cup pan doesn't have handles.

I also bought a Wilton mini muffin pan that is nonstick & an extra large non stick baking sheet (21" X 15") -- also from Amazon. These might arrive on Saturday. I measured my oven and the storage drawer below so I know the tray will fit. 

Tonight it's more steamed asparagus with reheated stuffed shells. I'm also doing figs for the appetizer. 

Have a great Tuesday.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Just Jazz, it was super sunny about 11am, this morn we had some rain fall over night and clouds this morn, but once it cleared up about 11ish or so, wow, it was super sunny. did a bunch of spring clean outside,and hung out several loads of clothes, sheet day so that took up a lot of time, but all down and folded and put away

ok guys later

Esteemed Contributor

allergy season is in full bloom here and everything is covered in yellow/green pollen. thank goodness for antihistamines and Kleenex.

everything has been pretty quiet here. I've been doing a little spring cleaning too, but I agree with @JustJazzmom , I wish I had @viva923 's energy. I have to do things a little at a time.

I'm still dealing with sciatica ( heating pad, NSAIDs). I refuse to see a doctor about it because I would probably end up with a prescription for steroids and I never want to take steroids again unless it's a last resort. I'll just have to do the best I can and let it run it's course.

sending blessings to all.

here's a Sandersville, Ms. sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

346A4006-DBE6-4315-A511-DE57532C4668_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hey all

pop in right now.

not much here today

did chores,

did walk

hung out 2 large load of clothes

have windows open,

later guys