Esteemed Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

it rained buckets overnight and this morning but the rest of the day was sunny and cool.

it's been a nice, quiet day.

sending blessings to all.

here's a stormy Gulfport sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

BA365529-4DB9-46EE-8C57-71E715EE064C_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle , I hope your DD is able to come out this weekend. I know how much you miss her...

@viva923 , thinking of you and your DH..hoping your BIL is improving.

We've pretty much stayed around the house doing odds and ends we didn't get to over the weekend. Our weather's been cool and overcast with a little drizzle most of the day. My sister and her daughter took a drive up the coast for a couple days and invited me to go too. I said no. I'm not quite ready for a road trip. Maybe next time! I hope everyone is doing well....

8F06B029-B6D4-4915-8D09-B429DECD4892.gif

~H~
Honored Contributor

hello all

Sleep,last word dh got about his brother was a major set back. really don't know what it was but wife posted she was asking for prayers so doctors would know how how to treat her husband. that was all i can remember.

heavy heavy heavy rain this morn. much flooding here. was soaked after morn walk had to change clothes

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSDglad you had a nice visit with your GCs. 

@viva923Sorry that your BIL isn't doing well.

@MariotaMurielleenjoy your upcoming visit with your DD & family.

A quiet day here, folding laundry, did a grocery run before the expected rain came in. It's raining steadily right now.

Watched episodes 5 & 6 of Aretha on Nat Geo today.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

did chores, wash is doing its thingy.

it is damp, wet feel outside this morn, woke up to heavy fog, very overcast right now, suppose to clear up later today and be sunny.

not much else right now guys later

Respected Contributor

Good Morning!--Well, it's going to be in the 70's today and I've opened the doors in the front & back of the house to bring in some air.  DH and I went to the par 3 twice this week.  It's not a great par 3 but it's cheap, only $7/each, and it's a great way for me to get some practice in.  I'm not ready to play regulation golf yet.  I did get a "new" used putter at a used golf store.  It was only $20, the one I got with the old used set of clubs I bought was really bad and I needed a little bit better one.  We stopped at a regular golf club store and looked at new ones, but the ones they had there started at $200, so I was happy to get the used one for $20!  We've been invited to our friends house for dinner tonight, tomorrow is DH's birthday!  I ordered a cake from someone that lives in another part of the neighborhood, she trained in some culinary school and now lives here.  It was pricey and I rarely order cakes put I thought I'd give her a try.  I also got DH 3 private golf lessons from the coach that I've been taking group lessons.  I hope that everydone has a good day.

Respected Contributor

Katte--It was good to hear from you and I'm glad they're waiting to do another procedure until you're stronger.  

MM--I hope you get to see DD!

Viva--Sorry to hear that your DBIL isn't doing well.  Sometimes doctors don't know what to do either, sometimes I think it's just trial and error.  It's scary!

SISD--It seems that there's always something that needs to be done around the house, it's never ending.  I love my house but there are some days that I think a condo would be nice but I'm just not ready for condo living yet.  Where I take my golf lessons there are some condos that have views of the golf course and I would love one of those.  I'd have to be on the top floor though, when we rented the apartment before the house was done we were on the middle level of the garden apartment and I could hear the people above me, I didn't mind for 5 months but boy, I don't think I could stand it on a permanent basis.  The person above us would vacuum at midnight sometimes!

Esteemed Contributor

good morning. we are having tornado alerts today. it's so humid that the windows are fogged up.

I'll be cleaning and getting things ready for DD's arrival. it will be a quick visit. they'll come up Saturday morning and will stay until Sunday afternoon.

here's a Mississippi springtime pic....deer, a cat and a raccoon. a peaceable kingdom Smiley Happy

8659A38C-89F9-48EB-8EBF-B38775BFB2E7_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle , enjoy your visit with your DD! 

@Hayfield , Happy "Early" Birthday to your DH! Have fun celebrating. Great deal on your new "used" putter...

@viva923 , so sorry to hear about your BIL..hopefully, better news since you posted..

Another cloudy day. It's raining now, but I was able to get out and feed all my plants before it started. DH finished our taxes. We usually break even, but we're getting a small return this year. We had left overs, baked spaghetti, for dinner and are now settled in front of our fireplace watching local news. Waving Hi to everyone...have a nice rest of the evening.

Good Night!😴

~H~
Honored Contributor

@Hayfield  Happy early birthday to your DH. Enjoy your golf equipment. 

@MariotaMurielle  I saw on Weather Channel all the weather setting up for tornados in your area this AM.

We had beautiful weather today & I did a few phone calls this AM before heading to the supermarket for more stuff we used up that DH forgot to tell me. Finished watching the final 2 episodes of Aretha today from Nat Geo. 

I made tonight a NY Times recipe using chicken cutlets dipped in sour cream, dehydrated chives & onion powder then dredged through panko bread crumbs & more onion powder. They came out so tasty with just the right amount of onion flavor. 

A keeper. https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1021131-crispy-sour-cream-and-onion-chicken

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼