Respected Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

Good Morning!--It's a rainy morning today, so it's giving me a chance to post.  DH & I went to Costco on Friday and we "scored", they had a ton of a brand name toilet paper, Charmin, they've only had brand "X" at the stores and they had paper towels, I really like the Kirkland brand, we were lucky as they only had a few left and we got real Clorox wipes, the 5 pack, so it was a good day.  So sad that I'm happy when I can find brand name toilet paper!  Played a little pickleball the last few days, the weather was nice.  I'm planning on playing this afternoon if the courts are dry, the rained has stopped but the sun is not out yet, fingers crossed on that!  I hope that everyone has a great day!

Honored Contributor

hello all

Hayfield, the lottery for most people is not the money it is the paper towels, wipes,toilet paper, when we find them BINGO, WE WON !!!!! I too feel the same way. it has come down to this but our world has turn upside down and inside out.

not much else. we  had a black ice fog this morn. flash freeze happened about 6-7am. massive car accidents on all 3 roadways in my state and there are only 3, so state was shut show from no car movements on roadways, everyone was stopped waiting for traffic to clear.

not much else right now guys later

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

hello all

dh made bread today.

he used the new breadmachine  yeast (you actually purchase this yeast on line made special for bread machines.) the bread rose right up to the top of the bread machine, it baked to a golden brown , no falling. it was just so beautiful to see this perfect loaf of bread come out of the bread maker.

I got both my wed sites back I lost a couple days ago. sure hope once they turn off the bad log in info I put down i will not be wiped out again. i now have correct log in info but that fear will be with me for a few days every time i log in to my sites i use daily.

ok guys later.

Esteemed Contributor

it was a beautiful sunny, cold day today. the snow has melted and made a bit of a mess, but not too bad.

I have a GYN appointment tomorrow, which I dread more than almost anything. I've already rescheduled it once and wish I could r/s again , but I know it's something I need to do.

@viva923, I would love to see a pic of that bread when it came out of the breadmaker. it would be a dangerous thing for me to have a breadmaker.

sending blessings to all and thinking of the missing and semi-missing posters, @RetRN @katte @catwhisperer @LTT1 @snardy@AuntG 

here's a D'Iberville, Ms. sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

A86A8FF3-CBC0-4325-8BE9-92A75ED62090_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle , good luck tomorrow. Can't blame you at all for wanting to reschedule. I'm missing those posters too...

@viva923 , we've been using bread mixes with yeast included. I haven't tried making bread from a recipe. Good to know there's yeast just for bread. 

@Hayfield , we haven't been to Costco in the longest time. I have placed orders online. On our last order, it's been several weeks, we "scored" a case of Charmin toilet paper.

I got an email from them this morning with their monthly specials. We don't need it, but I checked to see if they still had a supply. Right now...out of stock. I guess it pays to just keep checking..

Good Night Everyone....

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here today

did chores, did walk

trash was collected LOL hightlight of the day

not much else.

Sleep that yeast dh read about it in the manual for this Q breadmaker, i found it on line at walmart, ordered some used it yesterday for 1st time it was a WOW experience.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon! 
Busy day here -- laundry ✅ clothes folded from last load ✅ leftovers for dinner -- rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes & salad ✅ 

My pajamas from Macy's arrived. Two sizes so I could compare with existing ones I have from last year from Macy's. The size I usually buy is smaller across the shoulders & the hip region. The next size up is in line with the garments from last year. I did find that when initially washed, even in cold water, they shrunk slightly. So I will wash the larger size & compare measurements again. 

I wonder if Macy's changed their fit model? I couldn't find the larger size anywhere in our area. These came from AZ!

I had gotten DH a new pair of slippers & for me a cute pin to wear on my coat around Valentine's Day.

Weather has been cooperative, just cold, no precipitation.

Have a great Wednesday.

A08275ED-205E-4BBE-824E-04548373A2BE.jpeg

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom , great idea buying two sizes. I hope with washing all works out. I ordered a few things from Macy's over Christmas. Had a couple things sent to our DGS in AZ. All fit fine. Sounds like you had a busy day!

@viva923 , thanks! I'll check that yeast out! 

@MariotaMurielle , I hope your appt. today went well..

@katte , Happy Belated Birthday! I know your birthday is on Christmas Day. With all that's going on, I forgot! I hope you're continuing to feel OK. Take care...

The weather's warmed up out here. We were in the high 70's today, and it will get warmer through the week. We spent most of the day outdoors. I hope everyone is having a good week, staying safe and well...

Good Night!

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

good morning. it's another beautiful day here.

@SleeplessinSD, my appointment yesterday, well....I had to have a biopsy. this was a new doctor I was referred to and I knew that a biopsy would be discussed but I thought it would be scheduled for a different day. I guess it's a good thing to go ahead and get it over with. it will just take a few days and a little Advil to get over the discomfort so I'll be taking it easy.

DH is getting his 1st Covid vaccine this afternoon at the VA. scheduling for civilians has been a bit of a miscalculation here. the state health department sent out an email yesterday saying that they were overwhelmed by the number of people scheduling the vaccine and they have used or assigned all of the supply currently available until the next shipment sometime in mid-late February.

DH is making his delicious red beans and rice tonight.

blessings to all Smiley Happy

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here

did chores, did walk

MM hope biopsy is clear,

Sleep the yeast is i believe is Flieshman BREADMAKER yeast. that is what the jar says. you will have to measure your yeast once you begin with breadmachine yeast.

sunny but cool day.

not much else