Valued Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

HELLO Friends,

I have been thinking of you all. It's beautiful but cool here today. It rained all day yesterday and when we looked at our garden this morning, some veggies were sprouting up. We have to plant much later here in Colorado due to the danger of frost freeze in mid to late May. It was 37 last night. 

I would like to get a Chrome Book. This IPad just isn't working for me for word processing. Do any of you have one? Do you recommend it? Does anyone have something else they would recommend ?  I'm anxious to do this soon. 

Katte, glad you are doing well. Keep it up!

JJM, I bet your garden is lovely. Your are always so busy with projects and cooking. I admire you!

LTT1, I too, switched from dream jeans to Belle jeans and l love them too. At my age, the stretchier the better!  How are you liking your new home?

Catwhisperer, how are you doing? How are those kitties? Take care! 💚

MM, I enjoy your newsy posts. Always a good read!

RetRN, always enjoy hearing from you.Are you reading any good books? We are doing our book club on zoom. It's not the same but it's ok for now. 

SleeplessinSD, hello my friend. I hope all is well with you and your family. I miss you! Love to you! 💕 ((❤️))

Friday, I will finally see my family at our DGSs high school graduation!!! The school is having a drive by for each student. I can't wait. 👋🏻 😄

Thinking of everyone else. Blessings to you all. ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Honored Contributor

@snardy, nice to see you here. I am so glad you will get to see your family for the graduation. My library still isn't open, so I have not read anything lately. I sure do miss the library, I know I could buy books but am trying not to spend on wants at this time.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day. Food made on the grill is so good! Had a hamburger, brat, baked beans, German potato salad, and lemon bars. It was delish. 

Honored Contributor

hey all

just doing a drive by

not much here. sun is actually out. have windows open.

highlight of my day is I got afternoon walk in. 

ok guys later.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@snardy   So nice to hear from you.  DH bought me a chrome book at Costco about a week ago.  I really like it.  It's really light, a little smaller that the lap top I had and the speed is good.  This is just what I needed for what I use a computer for,  Glad your vegetables are popping up.  

Spoiler
:

Esteemed Contributor

hey everyone. we've had a very quiet holiday, which was just right for us. it's so hot (90-something) and humid right now so we didn't grill. we had homemade pizzas for supper instead. I like pizza on sliced french bread and DH prefers the ready to bake pizza dough so we enjoy making our own. costs a lot less and we both get exactly what we like.

they've been forecasting thunderstorms for days and it's looked like rain was on the way, but so far it hasn't rained a drop. I planted a second round of tomatoes and a couple of cucumber plants in the old raised garden bed and so far they're looking good. my first planting never did well.

@RetRN, your Memorial Day feast sounds so good. our library has been closed since before the virus because of some structure damage, so I've started buying used books on eBay. I'm finding books at really good prices and most of them with free shipping.

hi to @snardy @viva923 @SleeplessinSD @katte @JustJazzmom @catwhisperer @Hayfield @AuntG 

here's a Bay St. Louis sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

66603212-5C7A-44E1-9612-B13D796FBA91_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone, just a short note for now. It sounds like you all had a relaxing day/weekend. We did too. As I mentioned before, CA. has been opening up more and more over the last week or two. The beaches are crowded and malls and restaurants are opening up too. We even heard today, churches will open in June. I still find it worrisome. There are restrictions, although many are not  following. I'm  waiting for hair salons to open. My hair hasn't been this long since I can remember! My sister was going to drive out for the weekend, but we both decided we should wait getting together a bit longer. Our DS had off the weekend, so he came by on Saturday and helped with some heavy yard work we've been putting off for a while. It was so nice seeing him. We have t seen anyone else in our family for over two months! We do stay in touch often.

Its late, so I hope to catch up with everyone's posts later when Im not feeling so tired. Waving Hi to you all...I hope everyone is staying safe and well!

Good Night!😴💤🌙 

~H~
Honored Contributor

@snardy 

Yes! We are enjoying our new home and even though we have been living "off the floor" (lol not really) it hasn't dulled our sense of new adventure! 

I am determined to choose our sofa "in person" so we are waiting for showrooms to open up!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here. Many chores today/

busy day, sheet day for me, got walks in,picked up mail that is my day OK later guys

Respected Contributor

Good Morning!--Sorry I haven't posted in a while, been busy with pickleball and since the restaruants have opened up we've been going out with friends too, trying to get back into the swing of things.  Today is our anniversary, 42 years!  We're going out to dinner with our friends, today is their anniversary, they've been married 31 years today.  The salons have opened up but I haven't been able to get an appointment.  They have protocols now, and since it's mandatory to wear a mask and they can't blow your hair dry, I'll going to start to try to color my own hair, they've taken the joy from going and getting my hair done, so why bother spending money to be torched by wearing a mask for over an hour.  I'm going to wash it before I go, just have them cut it and I will save a ton of money and only have to wear the mask for 15-20 minutes.  Wearing a mask for an hour is too much for me.  I hate wearing it to begin with and only wear when I have to.  Since I had to do my own pedicure a couple of weeks ago, I'm good for a while, I'll wait until I really need to go, again, they've taken the joy out of going but I really have a hard time cutting my own toenails, so I'll go for that.  I hope that everyone has a good day!

Respected Contributor

LLT1--Thanks so much for the anniversary wishes on FB!  I heard that PA is slow to open, I guess it was worse up there.  The furniture stores here started to open a few weeks ago.  Every store is different, some you have to make an appointment,others are "come on in!"  Some say masks are required, so say masks are suggested, other places, just don't care!  That's what's so frustrating about this, every place has different "rules" or as they like to call them now "protocals"!  At the golf club where we belong, one day every golfer as to ride alone in the cart, then all of a sudden two can share the golf cart"!  Yet, they keep telling us to social distance by keeping 6 feet apart!  DH says "they're just making stuff up as they go along, they really don't know what they're doing!"