Honored Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

@catwhisperer wrote:

Like I don't already have enough stress, we just had an earthquake less than an hour ago that shook the whole building. We are having aftershocks every few seconds. I am terrified of earthquakes. My big boy kitty is very nervous.

@catwhisperer ,we felt it too! Shook our windows. They scare me too. It's calm here now. Let's hope that's it! 🤞 

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  I went back to see the last time I posted and it was over 2 weeks ago, didn't think it had been that long!  It seems like we all coping, as best we can!  The weather here has been beautiful, April & May are the best months here in SENC!  We're taking long walks every day and trying to keep busy with things around the house.  I'm going to plant some flowers in my big flower pots this afternoon.  I do have a funny story to tell you but I'll put it in my next post.  

Respected Contributor

Spoiler

Here goes!  It was DH's birthday on the 26th of March and DD called and DH was telling her that mayber she and her fiance' should just go ahead and get married, and not tell anyone.  She asked him if we'd be mad if we did that & he said "no" and she said "that's good because we already got married last November"!!!   They went, just to two of them and got married since it was getting complicated for them financiall, they wanted to buy a place together and I guess when you're not married, makes the deed more complicated and she wanted to put him on her health insurance.  Anyway we we both glad they did it.  They have rescheduled the wedding for next April but who knows if it will happen even then, at this point I don't care, it's too far away with what's happening now.  

Respected Contributor

Spoiler

I don't know why my post keeps putting that spoiler thing on it, I don't put it there!!!!!

SISD--I'm glad you & DH are OK but I'm sure worried about your DS being a doctor.  I hope he has all the protective gear he needs.  My friend's step-daughter is a nurse out in California somewhere and said that they have enough gear, for now anyway.  

Catwhisperer--Being alone during this time has to be hard.  I hope you manage to get out and take a walk, the sun is suppose to be good for us, especially now.

MM--I'm sure you're worried about your DD with her health condition, this is such a difficult time and none of us know when it's going to end.

JJM--I went to Walmart to get some plants and they were almost all gone.  I got some begonias to put in my pots but I ordered some lantana on line.  The deer & rabbits don't eat lantana.  

Katte--Thinking about you too!  Stay safe and healthy!

LLT1--I'm sure it's difficult trying to get settled into a new place with there's not many places to go.  I hope all is well with you and the family.

Snardy--I'm sure not being able to go to the hospital with Maisy is hard, you were so enjoying it.  Are your granddaughter(s) still there?  I can't remember is just one was there or not, sorry!  I sometimes can't remember what I read a few days ago.

Viva--Sorry to hear that your DH was sick but I guess they don't have enough tests kits, which seems to be a big part of the problem.  

While I don't know anyone, yet, who has gotten C-virus or passed away from it, in the last couple of weeks three friends have passed away from other causes and it's been difficult since I would've tried to get to the service of at least one of them, if a service was being held!  It seems at times that time has stopped but obviously it hasn't.  One of my friends that passed away was only 56, had just retired last June and discovered he had cancer in December, was gone by March.  It is heartbreaking. 

Honored Contributor

hey all

so good read your posting Hayfield nice to catch up on all that is going on down south of us. glad your DD and new husband had a wedding they wanted. 

not much going on here.

heavy cloud cover and breezy. not a bad cold wind just breezy. you need a jacket and sweater for wearing

not much else going on guys, later.

Respected Contributor

@Hayfield.....yes, it is hard being here by myself dealing with all that is happening, but nothing I can do about it, so I just have to deal with it.

I do go walking if it isn't raining.

I try to think of fun little ways to pamper myself. I just ordered a Korres gift set from HSN. It's on sale and free shipping. A couple days ago, I was fixing a sandwich and instead of just cutting it in half, I cut it into four triangles and made little tea sandwiches.Cat Happy

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Good afternoon!

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding! @Hayfield 

" the sun is suppose to be good for us, especially now."

If it's for the Vitamin D I would say yes. If it's for killing the virus --

"the virus hates the sun". -- that is a piece of misinformation going around on e mail & a short video. 

It's sunny here, but I have things to do indoors. Probably tomorrow will cut back that Double Knockout rose. 

Glad you @catwhisperer  & @SleeplessinSD  are okay with no serious aftershocks.

Have a great Saturday.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hayfield, your daughter is a very good secret keeper! congratulations.

@SleeplessinSDand @catwhisperer , an earth quake is definitely something you don't need. hope it's over.

@catwhisperer, doing little things for yourself is a great idea.

I made what my DH considered an "experiment" for supper tonight. chicken breasts browned and then baked in rice mixed with cream of chicken soup and cheddar cheese. he ate it, only because he was hungry. I thought it was good Smiley Happy

hi to @RetRN @katte @snardy @JustJazzmom @viva923 @LTT1@AuntG 

here's a Flowood, Mississippi sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

fullsizeoutput_2a55.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle  your experimental meal sounds good to me. I'm trying to avoid the grocery store so my pantry meals revolve around spaghetti, soups and Hamburger Helper. Luckily, the gas station's convenience store has hamburger along with fruits and vegetables.

Respected Contributor

The aftershocks have not stopped since last evening. Very small ones, but the walls and ceiling creak continually, so I know there is still earth movement going on. The cats are very nervous and jumpy any time they hear a noise.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.