Honored Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

@beauty0125 wrote:

Hello, so I have seen this string for a long time but said I am not close to 60! Well as of Jan 2020 I just turned 60!!!!  I know it is the new 40 and I look alot younger( at least that is waht I am told).. but I am kind of depressed about it. I have a 17 year old son so he is keeping me young.. So now I will see what this string is all about!!!   

@beauty0125 , a belated happy birthday and Welcome to our group. Stop by any time, so we can get to know you.😊

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here today

did chores, put house back together

did large load of wash

just put in dryer

so nice to see you sz0125

did get walk in. ok guys will check in later

Respected Contributor

hey all. it's not raining again yet, but it's coming.  the flooding is still a huge issue. several parts of Jackson are flooded, and there's been some flooding in my town within about 4 miles of our house.

@beauty0125, welcome. enjoy your 60s. I retired at 62.  I'll be 69 in a couple of weeks and although it hasn't been all sunshine and roses, it's been a very liberating decade of life for me.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@beauty0125,welcome to our group of friends. I hope you will feel free to join in anytime.

@MariotaMurielle,I've been seeing the flooding on TV, it looks devastating.

I feel so sorry so everyone in harm's way.

My new Speed Queen washer and dryer were delivered today. Living alone I average 2-3 loads of laundry a week, so I am hoping they serve me well for a long time. 

It is snowing now and we are expected to get 5". It is wet and heavy, will not be easy to  move. 

Wishing everyone a good week.

Honored Contributor

Good evening all. 
Welcome to @beauty0125 . We're a nice group.

@MariotaMurielle  your Pearl River flooding made our news. 

@RetRN  Glad you like your new washer/dryer. It's just the 2 of us & I do laundry 2X/week. Our Maytag is doing well & I just reviewed it today on their website. I've done a dozen washes now. I waited before I reviewed it so I could give it a decent review of various items laundered.

Today was a visit to JCPenney for 2 pairs of slippers. I like to keep a few on hand in case one falls apart. Fortunately they were on sale with an additional percentage off if I used the store CC. 

I also visited our local supermarket for items running low from yesterday's meal & picked up an Rx. 

Tonight was soup & salad. There is one more serving of pea soup & I will have it for lunch tomorrow. 

Have a great rest of President's Day.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

not a good evening for me. My DD called and gave some news that just blew my world apart, it broke my heart.

not much else guys later

RETRN just make sure you don't use much laundry soap for the speed queen washer. I was using HE laundry soap (liquid) and speed queen would-could not rinse out the suds. I would have to wash loads 2-3 times in cold water to begin rinsing out the suds. I was using pods in the speed queen washer. The rinse cycle on my speed queen was less than 1 minute long. Hope they have corrected the rinse cycle . 

Later guys.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 , I'm so sorry for whatever hurt and pain you're going through....you are in my prayers.🙏

~H~
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle , Ive seen on the news the terrible flooding and wondered how close it was to you. I'm keeping you and DH and all those in harms way in my prayers. Stay safe.

~H~
Respected Contributor

@viva923....yes, all it takes it a phone call, email, or something in the mail to send our world crashing, yet somehow we always seem to keep on truckin' and get through it some kind of way. I have seen you do this many times. We really are stronger than we give ourselves credit for. I am confident that you will get through whatever crisis you are now dealing with. (((Hugs))).

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom,happy to hear you are pleased with your Magtags. I had mine 23 years before just now replacing them.