Honored Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

Happy NewYear Everyone...

stopping in for just a few minutes. My brother was rushed to Emergency last night. He was having trouble breathing. They kept and admitted him. He'll be there at least through tomorrow. He has Pulmonary Fibrosis. He's been doing so well lately. It's hard to remember he has this terrible illness. I talked to him a while ago. He sounded good just a little short of breath. He is a fighter with a great attitude. It hurts watching him suffer. We just finished watching the Rose Bowl. Not a good game for Wisconsin, who we were rooting for. We ordered some food for dinner. DH just left to pick it up. 

It was a beautiful day here. I hope everyone  had a happy, healthy day enjoying whatever you had planned...

~H~
Honored Contributor

We're Badger fans so that single point loss hurts, especially since we missed one field goal in the first half. I even saved a bottle of champagne to celebrate. I suppose we'll have it on Friday or Saturday.

Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  I'm trying to better at posting, that's my New Year's Resolution!  Let's see how it goes!  I played pickleball yesterday afternoon with some ladies from the regular Wednesday group and we had a fun time, the weather was absolutely beautiful!  Today, DH went to play pickleball while I wait for the tile guy to come.  We had our final one year inspection and the floor tile in the master shower bathroom is defective, so they're coming to replace it.  So glad I don't have to pay for it!  I did end up picking a different tile with a darker grout.  It's a walk-in "spa like" shower, it's 8 feet long and 4 ft wide, the floor slops slightly to the drain.  There's no shower door.  Even though it's very big it's fairly easy to keep clean.  We're having dinner tonight at our friends down the street.  Our mutual friends, who are also from N. Va and have a lot on my street are in the area visiting their son and checking on their lot.  I always say to them "it's still there"!  I hope that everyone has a great day!

Respected Contributor

SISD--So sorry to hear that your DB was having trouble breathing.  A woman that I worked with, her husband has PF achampagnd it is a very terrible illness.  I'll keep him in my thoughts.  I didn't watch any of the football games, DH was watching them though.  I'm watching Outlander on Netflix.  The only problem is that there are only 3 seasons on Netflix and Season 5 will be on Starz channel in February but I haven't seen Season 4 and it probably won't be downloaded on Netflix until next year.  I have to check and see if I can get Season 4 On Demand.  I can always tape Season 5 and watch it later.  I never read the books.  

Auntg--Sorry about Wisconsin, losing a close game hurts but it makes great TV watching!  Open that bottle of champagne, celebrate the good season they had!  My DD's fiance went to Ohio State and I'm sure he's not feeling to good right now.  Hopefully by now he's over it!  

Justjazzmom--We watch The Twlight Zone marathon too!  Still enjoy it, so well done!  I actually saw one that I never saw before, must be the only one!  

Honored Contributor

hello all

just a quick note for now.

chores finished. walk in. clothes ready to fold.

didn't watch the rose bowl but bucky didn't play well at all. they fought so hard to get the bowl game darn it, lost by 1 point, know when the pack do that, i just stop and think what my dad would do. OH MY gosh, you don't even want to know. no dinner for us that night and a few other problems too.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 some people get irrational when their team loses. I've heard that police calls and ER visits dramatically increase when the Packers lose. My gosh, I'd never take something that personally! 

Honored Contributor

hey all

Auntg growing up in packer country little did we know my dad turned into a gambler. he would bet his whole paycheck on the packer game. when they lost , such was the case for 19  years the pack lost the thanksgiving day game against the lions he would get a triple manhatten, scream and yell and go to bed and we would go without a thanksgiving day meal. I

did not know this about my dad till long after I left home and was married and on my own. 

not much else, got 2nd walk in. chicken in slow cooker. that is all for now. later guys

Valued Contributor

Hello friends and Happy New Year to all!

It's SO nice to be back. I missed you all. Thanks to SleeplessinSD for keeping you posted. I have not read any posts for awhile, so if anything is going on that I should know about, please let me know. I hope everyone is well and your families are doing well. I won't have time to go back and read all your posts so it's going to be like I am starting over. Maisy and I are enjoying our hospital therapy work. The hospital provides free lunch so last week I took Maisy to the cafeteria (therapy dogs are allowed). She knocked over a whole rack of candy bars! Boy, was I rattled. Today, I put her in the car and then got my lunch. Much better!  I look forward to getting back into the swing of things again. Blessings to you all! ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Trusted Contributor

@snardy  It was so nice to see your post.  Hope you are doing better.  Glad you are back. You were missed.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi to  @catwhisperer @katte @AuntG @JustJazzmom @LTT1 @Hayfield @RetRN @viva923 

@SleeplessinSD, sending special prayers for your brother.

@snardy, I'm so glad to see you back and doing well.

it's been a very dreary, cold, stormy day so I did the best thing you can do on a day like this. I made a big pot of vegetable beef soup and some cornbread.

here's an Ocean Springs sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

fullsizeoutput_2936.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich