Honored Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

I've been out for a good part of the PM but in the interim, tried logging on here today twice with no luck & was locked out twice. Sent off an e mail to social team explaining my problem as C/ S didn't help me the 2 times I called them. So anyway got the idea to log into QVC with the e mail & not the forum. I was asked to create a new PW. That fixed it! I was able to log onto the forums with that new PW! 

Stay safe @MariotaMurielle , it looks like another soaker storm coming to you.

@SleeplessinSD  glad you got your ballot sent. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

it was another day of working on a home do-over project. DH put a new toilet in the master bath, with me playing the part of plumber's helper. it's something I never want to do again, but I will have to when we change out the other one. I've been through that once before when we had a leak in the 2nd bathroom a few months ago. in case you've never had the experience, toilets are very heavy and changing them out is a disgusting job.

the rain has started but it's just a light rain right now. that will change sometime tomorrow afternoon.

sending blessings to all.

here's a Symonton, Mississippi farm sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

2B210C65-822B-41C0-A411-88EB00B3B664_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hey all

MM watched weather tonight (Philly) hurricane delta will be visiting us beginning Sunday afternoon/evening to wednesday. Weather man said it was such a large storm with much rain till take it at least 3 days to move thru, we;ll get near 3 inches of rain.

not much else going on, see all tomorrow

Respected Contributor

good afternoon. right now it's gray and drizzling rain but no wind at all. they're saying we may get 40-50 mph wind gusts and a few inches of rain overnight and tomorrow.

when I opened the door to go out for the mail I could feel the pressure pulling the door (almost like suction), and the air feels very, very heavy. I guess that sounds kind of crazy and I'm not sure what exactly what that's called but that's how the atmosphere always feels when a severe weather front is approaching. it feels tornado-y. it's a real thing Smiley Happy

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today,

did chores,

got both walks in

got my bread maker from kohl's today

got my special gluten free flour today from a special store in my town, going to try my hand at making my bread in my new bread maker.will see what happens. had my facial today.

not much else,later,

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MariotaMurielle  I call it 'tropical feeling' with that kind of weather.

So glad you are enjoying your new bathroom goodies. 

I read that since the pandemic, the remodeling industry has been going crazy trying to keep up with remodels & appliance replacements. I looked at the Maytag website to see what would be the matching gas dryer to our new washing machine & all of the ones I was interested in were out of stock; even in the big box stores. 

I'm glad we replaced our machine before all this happened. 

Had lunch today with 2 friends outside on our patio. I served more freshly made yesterday carrot cake for dessert. It was good to 'see' people.

Now to get dinner reheated. 

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much tonight, watching Coach reruns,loved that sit com.

not much else, tomorrow all

Honored Contributor

Stopping in early for a quick good night. So much going on here..it's been one of those days. I got this cup in the mail from my granddaughter. She knows, I love coffee and put a little note inside to think of her when I use it.  It couldn't have come at a better time. I'll be back sometime later this weekend to catch up with posts. Everyone stay healthy and well......

95910598-A701-4074-AE63-8409BC902161.jpeg

~H~
Respected Contributor

@SleeplessinSD, what a sweet and thoughtful thing your granddaughter did. I'm sure it made you smile.

@viva923, that's a great idea to make your own bread. let us know how you did. my DH is still waiting for his homemade yeast rolls....Smiley Happy

@JustJazzmom, lunch with your friends sounds like it was fun. I haven't had lunch with friends since March. I don't feel any great need to be very social, but I did enjoy the occasional get together with old friends and it's been a very long time.

we've had some 40+ mph winds and lots of rain but as far as I know there has been nothing severe in our area. we did lose electric power during the night and I woke up at 4am kicking the covers off, but it's back on now.

Honored Contributor

Love that mug @SleeplessinSD . I'm Nanny to my GS. 

@MariotaMurielle , It took a long time to work out the logistics -- weather being decent, a breeze in the air & all of us socially distanced as we ate our brought in lunches. I served the carrot cake on paper plates & then had our guests toss their bags into our garden trash pail.