Honored Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

Good afternoon! Sunny skies here and did a small supermarket run before we get haircuts. I bought 2 potatoes to make Greek lemon potatoes tonight to go with the baby lamb chops and Greek spices tonight. I hope this is a better potato recipe.

Tomorrow we have scattered thunderstorms so I wanted to get the errands out of the way today.

I will do more shrimp tacos for tomorrow to finish up the avocado and mango in the fridge.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much tonight just check in tonight. See all tomorrow

Honored Contributor

The Greek lemon potatoes were delicious. The original recipe said 2 pounds of potatoes but I used 2 potatoes which will give us 4 servings. The only thing I would change on the recipe is add more lemon juice & olive oil to the roasting pan. (2/3 Cup of each).

Greek Potatoes

2 pounds potatoes, peeled, and cut into wedges

1 1/2 tsp. salt

1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil

1/3 cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)

3 tsp. dried oregano (I used Greek oregano)

Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Preheat oven to 450 F.

Add potatoes and 1 teaspoon salt. Boil for 8 minutes. Drain potatoes.

Whisk olive oil, lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a baking dish large enough to hold the potatoes in one layer. Add potatoes, and gently toss in lemon mixture. Spread potatoes in an even layer and sprinkle with oregano.

Roast potatoes until crispy, turning halfway through, about 40 minutes.

Trusted Contributor

@JustJazzmom   Thanks for the recipe.  I'm definitely going to try it.  It looks very good.  A;ways like to try something new. 

Honored Contributor

@katte  You're welcome! Many of the Greek lemon potato recipes I saw on the internet in an attempt to find one similar to a Greek restaurant in town contained garlic. The local restaurant doesn't use garlic in their potato dish which is why this recipe intrigued me. 

Since we still aren't doing takeout -- our decision, I like trying to duplicate things we have enjoyed at restaurants. 

Today I made a chocolate egg cream drink to have with my lunch. I used up the Hershey's Simply 5 Chocolate Syrup. I probably won't buy it again.

Tonight's plan is for making more shrimp tacos. I already put together the salsa ingredients. Just have to do more of the slaw. 

We have clouds here with some rain coming later this evening. 

Neighbor behind us had solar panels installed on their roof today. These aren't as ugly as other ones in the neighborhood. They have a lower profile. 

I so wish these panels would look more like shingles instead of going over existing shingles. I googled & many of the ones I have in mind are from European websites.

Have a great Wednesday!

Honored Contributor

hey all

running way behind today. dh has off today, he is working his 3 days weekend he took me shopping at walmart and dollar general today, that was my afternoon walk. walmart was cheap today for me, under 15 bucks dollar general can always find stuff there that was expensive.

very warm and humid today. have air on. made up potato salad and ham in slow cooker for dinner tonight.

ok guys not much else. later.

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom , thank you for taking time to post another recipe...I save them!

@MariotaMurielle ,we do a lot of curbside pickup. We also have a guest bath we'd like to redo. I think we'll wait until things improve out here.

I got a call yesterday from my hair salon. They had a cancellation, so I go in the morning to get my hair cut instead of Sunday. I'm taking a few pictures because I want to go much shorter. My stylist is good at telling me if he thinks a certain style will work with my curly hair. I can't wait!

Waving Hi to  Snardy, Catwhisperer, Hayfield, LTTI, Auntg, RetRN, Katte, Viva and Everyone....

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

busy day

so far weather is sunny but weather people saying storms later evening. ugh

did get morn walk in, of course can't go far but it got me out of the house.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

Good evening! Had a busy day running some errands. Picked up the liquor store order, visited the Lord & Taylor that is closing for good. No Echo scarves at all. 

I also stopped in at the local Extension Service to see if I could see how a particular rose I was interested in getting was doing after the heat of summer. There was a big sign saying: Extension gardens closed until further notice. There was green plastic mesh barring anyone into the garden areas. It's sad, it's a wasted year. 

The sun has gone & clouds are here with rain expected tonight. 

DH texted me than an upstate state college will be closing & cancelling in person classes for the fall & switching to online teaching after 389 students tested + for CV! The school was in session for only 2 weeks. To put it in perspective, about 3000 students attend that state school. 

DH's OT person's son was attending there & he went to a few parties. And you guessed it -- he tested + for Covid. He cannot return back to home until he is cleared by the local Department of Health up there. The negative testing students will be sent home this Monday. 

Now who thought opening up the schools & college campuses would be a good idea? I have a feeling, more & more of this will be happening. 

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here. Just doing a quick check in

watching some of my dvr'ed shows.

ok guys tomorrow