Esteemed Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

[ Edited ]

they aren't hurricanes yet, but that could change by next week.

when I saw this on FB I thought, yeah, 2020 has been a year for the history books.

0E54026F-238B-483D-A451-1CF19025F8ED.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hey all

MM heard that about the hurricane 2 of them being in gulf at same time.

not much else guys, my leaf bag leaked like a sieve. Called doc asap, all we had do is replace everything.not much else, whole bag filled with water.l it was a mess.

not to much else. Have clothes to fold going to bed then, tomorrow guys

Honored Contributor

hey guys

not much here today.

highlight of my day is walking room to room. humid outside. I had to go out and get newspaper on driveway.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle https://www.orlandosentinel.com/weather/hurricane/os-ne-two-hurricanes-same-time-place-20200821-hhyl...

"NOAA also has 10 occurrences of two hurricanes making landfall in the United States within days of each other. One such event took place in 1933 when Hurricane 8 and Hurricane 11 made landfall one day apart in Texas and Florida."

Stay safe out there!

We hung out inside today. Warm outside. Making pork ribs with a Memphis Rub, having corn and more of our cherry tomato salad.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1, I said I wasn't looking for clothes right now but I recently ordered this shirt. I kind of forgot about it until it arrived today.

I am actually very happy with it and it fits well , which doesn't happen very often for me when I buy clothes online.

I bought a medium. I usually wear a large, sometimes a medium. most of the time when I order a medium it's with the intention of wearing it unbuttoned over a tank, but this is one I can comfortably wear either way.

I got the camel/black color. it's soft, nicely made and even has side pockets. it will be really comfy to wear this fall.

Screenshot_2020-08-22 Joan Rivers Checkered Swing Style Shirt - QVC com.png

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Good Evening Friends,

@MariotaMurielle , cute shirt..looks comfy! I have some  Joan Rivers items. A caftan, I bought a while back, I really like. Did I miss how your weather is? So glad your happy with your shower installation,so far..

@JustJazzmom , we've been staying indoors quite a bit lately. It's just so hot and humid. I'm even watering a few of my plants more than once a day.i did hear we'll be cooling down later next week.

@viva923 , I used a garbage bag around my foot/leg in the shower after my knee surgery. Most time, my leg stayed dry, other times it didn't. Do the best you can. How's DH doing?

@LTT1 ,our DGD goes to a private school, and right now, it looks like she'll be attending school, at least on a part time schedule. I have one niece who is a teacher, and she'll be teaching online. Her kids are in high school and will be doing online learning too. I do feel sorry for my sister's DD. She has two Autistic boys, twins, as well as one in high school that will be distance learning at home. She has her hands full. My sister will help out as much as she can. How nice you can help out with the grands too. Happy Birthday to your DD🎂🎉🎈..

I know she shares a birthday with mine...on Monday!

@snardy , how are you? Miss you and thinking of you!💕

Theres not much new here. Counting the days, I can get my haircut when things open up. I DID cut my hair some the other day. Just couldn't stand it any longer. Let's just say, I better think twice before doing that again!

Waving Hi to Everyone! Continue to take care, safe and well! Good Night!

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

was up at 430am got dh off to work i did chores, finished them sat in my chair for a couple hours and of course fell asleep watching a bob cummings movie.

did go outside today, i walked around the cull de sac just to keep moving for awhile, on go arounds i sat in my patio swing chair to rest. was out about an hour. believe me can't travel fast in this boot.

sleep; my dh is ok, is foot is great. swell is gone and most of the black-blue is gone too, he is still taping his baby toe to next toe.

not much else, humid hot today, looks like rain at times not sure what it will do today. 

OK guys later

Honored Contributor

hey all

doing a check in 

nothing new around here.

did several turn around cull de sac 

did a few walks on main road up 2 houses/down 2 houses just to keep me busy and outside.

watching an Errol Flynn movie now captain blood. Good movie one of errol's better movies or i am just plain board.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

Good evening! Warm today & supermarket was busy. I bought the potatoes needed for making chicken Fricassée & replacement saffron as I was going to use saffron I had. 

Dinner was made & we had the spicy cucumbers with fresh herbs &  Greek yogurt as the side dish.

Going to read the newspapers after dinner. We watched the recorded The Good Liar last night from HBO. Mirren & McKellan were very good.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

we're getting ready for the storms.

#1 will probably be mostly just a rain event for us. DSIL works in Gulfport but he isn't too concerned about that one.

#2 is predicted to be much worse and may be a totally different situation. that's the one I'm most concerned about.

there's always the possibility of tornadoes with these storms. that is the scariest part in our area.

here's a Pike county sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

889A9248-178F-4D86-AB5B-081D45DFD841_1_201_a.jpeg