Honored Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

@MariotaMurielle @catwhisperer , I blurred a lot out, but thank you! I think my hair is a bit longer than this right now. I do need a haircut!😊

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

sleep lovely photo you are a mighty pretty young lady.

dh is on way to xray place. he just left doctor. he stubbed his baby toe on my hope chest leg. doc thinks toes is busted up. it is as big as his big toe and every shade under a rainbow sun.

not much else is going on. later guys.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SleeplessinSD  You look pretty good! 

Good luck with your foot doctor appt. @viva923 

Usually the toe gets taped to the next one. It will be 6 weeks of discomfort for your DH.

Ran errands today. It's another heat advisory here. 

Good luck with the diet & exercise plan @MariotaMurielle .

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

hey friends, is it too early to be wishing for fall?

it was 96 today with high humidity. I would have melted without a good air conditioner in my car.

I got my hair cut. we devised a plan to ease me into finally letting my bangs grow out. I've tried a hundred times but always cut them when they start getting in my eyes. I'm going to have to grit my teeth and get through that phase, and then she's going to start adding subtle layers to blend them in to the side.

day 2 of WW and I've discovered that scrambled eggs, apples, celery and carrots are my new best friends.

the lens fell out of my favorite sunglasses the other day because a screw came out and I couldn't find it. on my way home from the hair salon I stopped at our local optometrist shop. she had the door locked so she could let people in one at a time. there was a sign on the door asking you to wait for admission. when I handed her the glasses and told her what happened she said "oh, these are antiques, aren't they?"  I had to laugh. well, yes, I guess in the world of sunglasses they are. I've had them for over 20 years and I've never had another pair that I liked as much. she repaired them free, which was very nice of her.

sending blessings to all.

here's a Vicksburg almost sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

8FB45B05-FF85-48BA-B8A9-9434934AE585_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MariotaMurielle  I've found it helpful to put a drop of clear nail polish on the screws. 

Tonight I made chicken salsa verde which is sautéing a chicken breast in olive oil, draining off the fat, & putting Chi Chi's Salsa Verde on top & some Mexican cheese. I added a Tbsp. of green chillies to give it some more zip. Served it with rice & this recipe which I halved. https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1020146-white-bean-and-avocado-salad-with-garlic-oil

It was a busy day here, running some errands -- QVC return, supermarket & pharmacy & dropping off the new plum pants from Linea to the dry cleaners for altering length. 

Tomorrow rain is in the forecast which is welcome because we have had a heat advisory. 

We also had a power outage too & generator didn't come on! Woman Surprised
Spoke with receptionist of the company that services the generator. The serviceman was able to drop in & it turns out the battery was faulty. Batteries are generally switched out every 5 years. Ours was 7! Anyway, the generator will now go on if there is another power outage. We are quite fortunate because many on LI are still without power from Isaisis. 

The extreme heat isn't comfortable for those without power. 

Have a great evening everyone.

Honored Contributor

I've been tired all day, so I'm going upstairs early to read until I fall asleep. I hope everyone had a good day!😴💤😊

AB733357-0EF7-4000-BBF2-0ED1BD3AAF04.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon!

Hope you got some well deserved rest last night @SleeplessinSD .

@viva923how did your foot doctor visit go?

We have T storms here happening now. Was going to go out and change out a floodlight, but that is impossible for now. Raining pretty hard here.

Nothing planned today except fold laundry and open the KitchenAid mini chopper and either play with it or read the directions on how to use it or both. Need to find a place for it in a kitchen cabinet.

Honored Contributor

hey all

no walk today, thunderstormy this afternoon that stalled out front is causing stormy afternoons for next several days. Heavy rain also comes too. We had a whopper of an electrical storm this afternoon. It was a nasty one.

did get morn walk in, it was so humid heat hot this morn could cut air with knife.

dh got results of X-ray back, his little toe is fractured not a clean break but close to it. Tape to other toes to stablize it. 

Not much else guys. Will check in later.

Honored Contributor

hey justjazz

surg is 20 august at 8am at surgi center. 2 bones coming out like left foot had done a couple years ago.

Respected Contributor

here's a Mississippi sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

F998CD91-4592-4E43-A9A4-59232B9BCF51.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich