Honored Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

[ Edited ]

Good almost afternoon! @SleeplessinSD  How nice your son came by to help you & visit. We are still doing Zoom or texting with our kids. 

Tomorrow is GS birthday so we will do a Zoom session so we can see him open our presents. 

We have clouds here with rain coming in this PM. Many where we are are still without power from Isaisis. One road I turned into had no working traffic light. Fortunately I was making a right. Our Governor & County Executive want an investigation into the electricity provider as they had adequate notice about this storm to prepare. We got mostly wind from this storm as the bulk of it went up towards the center of our state which got the rain & wind. This wasn't  even a Cat. 1 hurricane but a TS. 

Yesterday as I drove through another town I saw many older trees either down completely or branches that were sheared off in such a way that the wood below was exposed on their trunks!  Many that blew over were either maples or swamp maples. I am so glad we got rid of a sycamore maple on our utility strip over 15 years ago. 

Today just hanging out & folding laundry & making a shrimp, shallot, EVOO & lime juice salad for dinner. It's supposed to be refrigerated before serving. I may make some basmati rice for it to sit upon before serving. Debating whether to add some heat like red pepper flakes to the shrimp or maybe some ground allspice sprinkled over it while the shrimp cooks. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

it has been so busy today, can't even breathe. 

will check in later.

Honored Contributor

hey all

busy day for me so far. been up since 430am. did many chores after dh left for work. even cleaned out fridge for the week. then i finally got my morn walk in. have clothes to fold.

super duper humid outside today. another 1.5 inch rain last night heavy thunderstorms too. 4 tornadoes touched down way north of us, northern border of delaware, storm moved directly eastward in NJ.

ok guys later.

Valued Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I am so sorry to hear about the storms some of you had and the damage to the trees, etc. It makes me sad to see those big, old trees down. 

It's been very hot here, in the 90's for days. I'm just grateful we don't have the humidity like some of you have. My sister lives in Indiana and it is so humid there. She really suffers with the heat and humidity. 
I got my hair cut yesterday, finally. It was down to my shoulders and now it's barely down to my ears!  My hair is naturally curly so the layers are longer and I can wear it different ways. It looks like Jane's on QVC. This is the first time I went to this stylist so I took a big chance but fortunately, she cut it just the way I wanted it. I don't have that happen very often. 
Maisy is starting to show her age. She's either 9 or 10 now. Her face is all white. I hope and pray she'll be able to go to the hospital with me, whenever that time comes. 
Well, I need to get back to my volunteer work. Viva, I hope your physical exam turned out fine. Keep cool everyone and take care. Blessings to you all! ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Esteemed Contributor

hey everyone. I went out on the deck today to do my pedicure, but it's so hot and humid I just couldn't deal with it. I came back in and finished it, even though the light isn't as good. I used a pink/nude color, so if I messed up it wouldn't be as obvious. think I did ok.

the plumber called and said he would be here on Tuesday to get started on the shower install. first, that hideous jetted tub will be demolished. I'll be so happy when it's gone.

@SleeplessinSDand @snardy , here's an idea. y'all can get your babies a little buddy. this one's new friend was found in the road in Madison, Ms.

4A864195-3D69-4B95-9060-F8BEE0D2FA4E_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Trusted Contributor

Hi Everyone

It is 100 here today and it's supposed to be hot all through next week.  Thank goodness the humidity is really low.  I went and got  my hair cut today..  It was getting pretty long,  Although I a, trying to let it grow out, it was down to my shoulders and driving my crazy.  It's not real short, just medium and a lot easier to style.  I have super fine hair.  @snardy Wish I had some natural curl to my hair.  Your style sounds cute.  Went to Sally's Beauty Supply and got the Biotera mousse I use.  They had been out of it for a few weeks, so I bought a couple of  them.  Other than that, it's been a quiet day.  I've watched a few Hallmark movies today.  We are having pizza for dinner.   Sounds like everyone is doing well and staying safe..  BBL

Trusted Contributor

@snardy   My fur babies are showing their age too.  Both Blake and  Bailey were 10 years old June 30th.  They've slowed down quite a bit.  Bailey's face is white and she has a white spot on her tail.  Blake isn't as grey, just a little around  his face. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katte, you haven't said anything about Blake & Bailey in so long I didn't mention them because I thought something might have happened to them.

I'm glad to hear they're still with you.

your babies probably see lots of little critters to play with out on your property  Smiley Happy

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Good late evening! We had a wonderful Zoom session with our GS today as he turned 2. He totally loved the Brio car transporter & a hill shaped track to go with his existing Brio track set.  Our eldest son & his family are at an air B&B this week in the Cape Cod region. It's a nice break for them all. 

Wish we were there with them. 

Spent today doing not much -- got some watch batteries replaced & wore makeup for our Zoom session. That was a nice change too.

Started to put together a liquor order at that wine warehouse. I may visit it tomorrow just to look see instead of doing curbside. 

I did a small London broil tonight with the leftover sesame seed potatoes & with the rest of our beefsteak tomato & fresh mozzarella slices. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Evening, 

@JustJazzmom , Happy Birthday to your DGS! Two years old...such a cute age! 👦🎂🎈🎉

@MariotaMurielle , is that a possum? I dont know what Max would do if he saw one!

@snardy , I wish I could see your new haircut! Sounds so cute, and I'm sure will be easy to keep up! Our salons are still closed...I may have to get the scissors and cut my hair myself! 😊

@katte , so jealous, you got your hair cut too! We're warming up again ...try and stay cool!

@viva923 , I hope your doctor appt. went well...how's your foot?

Waving Hi to LTT1, Catwhisperer, Hayfield, RetRN, Auntg, and Everyone....

8B2BA5B5-A868-4284-AAC9-A28B77F5855C.jpeg

~H~