Honored Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

Good Evening,

@MariotaMurielle , good advice for us all to pull out and check under our dryer from time to time. I know I never think of doing it, same with refrigerator. I have to ask if you found out what the noise was. Why do we always hear those noises in the middle of the night, lol! Sounds like you had a great visit with your DD... will you see her again for the holidays?

@viva923 , 38 degrees, yikes! We're in for a warm up this week, then I heard our first storm of the season this weekend. It was really nice here today...

@JustJazzmom , I hope the part you ordered takes care of the problem you're having. I'd love radiant heat in our bathroom. We have cold tile...

@Hayfield , so nice to hear from you. Sounds like you celebrated and had a fun birthday. I've never heard of Mexican Train. I'll have to look that up. I'm sorry to hear about your friend passing away. I remember you talking

about her. Will your DS stay through the holidays? How is your DD doing? Take care and don't be a stranger!😊

@snardy , thinking of you, dear friend.  How's Maisy? Are you two getting out to visit places in need? I know how much you enjoy it. I hope you and DH are well....

@katte , did you get your blood results back? I feel the same as you as far as visiting the lab. DH and I are both overdue for blood tests. So glad to hear your DH's mother is continuing to do well..

@LTT1 , we haven't heard from you for a while. I hope you and DH are OK....

Waving Hi to all I missed. Not much new or exciting here. We did some things around the house, laundry, floors cleaned, etc. As usual, I'm having a hard time with Daylight Saving...waking up way too early! Wishing everyone a great rest of the week...stay safe and well!

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

finally am here to say HI. Not much new here.

did chores, did walks,did clothes-folded and put away.

not much else. Quiet day.

ok guys tomorrow

Esteemed Contributor

I got some hints out of DD for Christmas while they were here so I went online and found some good sales. so now all my Christmas shopping is complete. I'm still not in the holiday mood, but at least that's done.

@SleeplessinSD, we haven't heard that noise again and still don't know what it was. DH did go up into the attic and put out some D-con. maybe that's why we haven't heard anything else.

it's a bright, chilly and beautiful day here.

blessings to all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hey all

winds shifted out of south,warming up. Put away winter walk jacket back to fall walk jacket.

did normal chores, did walk, folded and put away clothes. Not much else guys. Later

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SleeplessinSD   I had my blood test done last Friday and picked up a copy of the results on Monday.  It looks like everything is good.  My cholesterol, triglycerides are good and  also my good and bad cholesterol was good.  Glad to get that done.  Haven't heard anything from my Cardiologist's nurse practitioner as yet.  It's warm today, 86 and is supposed to stay that way for the next few days until next Monday when it's supposed to be 51 during the day.  We went to Costco yesterday fin Tucson.  I've never seen it so busy, even at Christmas.  I  think people are starting to stockpile again.  I had a orthopaedic doctor appt for a follow up on my left knee replacement.  Everything was good.  Went to a drive-thru Taco shop while we were there for tacos. So good!  Tomorrow I plan to go to Frys and shop for a turkey and some other things.  They have butterball turkeys on sale and also turkey breasts.  I usually get a turkey breast for Thanksgiving and  freeze the turkey for later.  We bought a Kirkland ham at Costco a couple of weeks ago and froze it.  Their hams are so good.  I also stocked up on corn, green beans and got some canned chili.  Thought I would stock up on some of my canned goods.  I'm fixing a roast chicken for dinner, with cauliflower and chicken rice as sides.  Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their day.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Good news for you @katte on your bloodwork results. 

@MariotaMurielle  I worry about using D Con because I'm always afraid if it's a rodent, it will crawl into a wall & die! 

I went out today & bought the family Christmas cards & a few boxes of Christmas cards & found the pajamas I saw online at another Macy's. The first Macy's didn't have the ones I saw online, so I tried another one & got lucky. So most of my shopping is done except for 3 people. 

I stopped in a different supermarket & found ammonia free Windex! I guess this store doesn't get a lot of traffic & their suppliers had it in their warehouse. 

The plumber called this PM & will be by on Friday AM to change out the malfunctioning part. I also need that person to examine the expansion tank on the system as I did see some water below it that was cloudy. It might need switching out.

I think we are going to do takeout tonight. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

should have an auto stamp

did chores

did walk

clothes have to be folded.,

not much new here

it is warming up now  up to 69 today and in the 70's for several days.

ok guys, will check in later

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon. We have similar weather @viva923 . Once I'm done inside with some chores, will be outside putting more perennials to bed. 

I reread recipes I'm using for Thanksgiving & adding more items to the shopping list. I rewrote 2 recipes unrelated to Thanksgiving that had instructions but no ingredients lists with instructions. 

These were my Mother's recipes. I have to look up on the Internet ingredient amounts for spices & flour used for her Southern fried chicken. Should be interesting! 

Have clothes to fold too. 

Honored Contributor

I put all the tricyrtis to bed, 3 astilbes & 6 hostas & decided to quit before I overdid it. 

Funny how when you start reading recipes, you get a feel for what should work in a recipe. I think I figured out the ingredient amounts for the fried chicken recipe. I added paprika, onion powder & pepper to my Mom's recipe. I also added an egg/milk wash before dredging through the spiced flour. Mom's recipe only has flour. 

I have only made it once in my life. Probably because of the lack of measured ingredients. And I can't exactly talk to her, RIP. 

Maybe next week, I may try & make this. I do remember it took a lot of vegetable oil when I last made it.

Honored Contributor

hey guys

not much here late afternoon, have to get my shower done shortly

did walk, ran into neighbor lady on walk we chatted about 2 min's if that and she left and i walked home, not much else.

ok guys tomorrow all