Honored Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

@viva923 , it's cold here too. So glad you had a light day of cleaning so you and DH could relax a little.

@Hayfield , we're staying in on New Years Eve. Everything is closed out here. There would be no place to go if we wanted too. Have a great time...stay safe.

@MariotaMurielle , I hope you and DH got back safe from DD's. I tried to make a pie over the weekend. Let's just say  I need more practice!😊

We had our first storm of the season. Rain, cold and lots of wind.   I'm ready to take down our decorations and say goodbye to 2020..I we'll probably wait until the weekend. I hope everyone is doing well...it's been quiet on our thread the last few days. 

Waving Hi to Everyone..Good Night!

~H~
Respected Contributor

it's been like spring here for the last 2 days. Christmas day was cold, as it should be.

we had a short but very good visit with DD and it was so good to see her and DSIL. but by the time we got home that evening I was sick. it's just a cold and a sore throat but it came out of nowhere. no one else I've been around (and that's really only DH, DD and DSIL)  has been sick so I have no idea where it came from. I feel slightly better today, so maybe I'll be well in another day or two.

my Christmas gift from-me-to-me should be delivered tomorrow ( a 3 step Little Giant step stool with wide steps and a handrail) so I'll start un-decorating the tree.

Screenshot_2020-12-29 AmazonSmile Little Giant Ladders, Safety Step, 3 Step, 2 Foot, Step Stool, Aluminum, Type 1A, 300 lbs[...].png

we'll be staying home and having a quiet new year's eve. of course we'll have blackeyed peas, turnip greens and ham on new year's day.

sending big blessings to all.

here's a Hamilton, Mississippi sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

8FBEF15A-F9BE-4A13-8E1E-42841FA0F005_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle , I hope you're feeling better today. Please let us know. DH and I saw that ladder on the Q over the weekend. It's on our list to buy.....we like that safety bar.

75624CCB-9A91-4758-9FAA-2DC2D6A8FB9E.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

MM sure hope you get better real quick. your symptoms sound to close to you know what and now another strain has been found in Colorado a more contagious germ.

anyway, 

called sears to come and take a look at my washer. my electonic key board to begin washer (set up what load I want (bedding,short,normal ect...) just seems to take more clicks to get washer started. i probably am paranoid about it, you know me, have washer will travel slogan, i wash everything. LOL coming tomorrow between 10-2pm

sunny but coolish today. 

not much else

Valued Contributor

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well. MM, I hope you are feeling better. I had a cold a couple of weeks ago and I had no idea where I got it since I haven't been out of the house!

We are staying in New Years Eve. We never go out on NYE. We are having our traditional dinner of Alaskan king crab legs. Not sure what I'll serve with them but I'd better hurry up and decide. 

When the kiddos were young, we'd play games New Years Eve. At midnight, the kids would go outside and bang pans together and yell happy new year. 

I got another email from the volunteer coordinator at the hospital I volunteer at. We may be getting our vaccinations soon. I had hoped I could have DH get one too, as he is in the high risk category but it's only for volunteers. I'm not sure how he'll get notified when he can get his shot. Have any of you gotten vaccinated?

It's been cold here. Tomorrow it is going to be in the 40s so our son is going to bring our granddaughter over for a short visit before she has to go back to school.  We will bundle up and stay outside. 

Wishing everyone a happy new year!  We all need a year of peace, health and kindness.  Blessings to you all! ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Honored Contributor

It's the Eve before NYE! We have clouds here. I went to the supermarket to get the ingredients to make split pea soup. I'm halving my recipe. Will make this in the new year. 

I was able to find the dried rosemary but stores are still out of the McCormick fennel seed. 

I'm doing baby lamb chops for dinner tonight again with the figs & goat cheese drizzled with honey as the appetizer. 

Not going anywhere this NYE, going to watch the ball drop on TV. 

@MariotaMurielle  hope you get over your cold soon. 

@viva923  hope the Sears tech finds nothing wrong with the washing machine. I'm still grateful we replaced our machine before the pandemic hit. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I'm feeling much better today but still not 100%. @viva923 , the scary part is that the first few hours after I started feeling sick it did cross my mind about having Covid. just the thought that this little virus could come out of nowhere and make me sick is a reminder about how vulnerable we all are. I mean, I was perfectly fine, then I started feeling really tired, and then it hit me.

my Little Giant step ladder came today. it's a little larger and heavier than I thought it would be, but it feels really sturdy and it can be rolled so I won't have to pick it up. I didn't have the energy to work on the tree decorations, though. maybe I'll get it done tomorrow.

here's a Lexington, Ms. courthouse sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

8704C2AC-07BB-4C1C-89C2-A9802DBF0725_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MariotaMurielle , so glad you're feeling better. Ive been worried. DH is going to check out a couple places to see if they  carry that ladder to try and save shipping fees. I'm glad to hear it has rollers....

@snardy , it will be just us tomorrow night too. I laughed when I read your kids would take pots and pans out at midnight. Our kids did the same thing! I hope you'll be able to get the vaccine since you volunteer. Stay safe and well, dear friend...

@viva923 , I hope you get your washer taken care of tomorrow..

My sister was vaccinated yesterday. She was a volunteer at her local hospital and has been on leave since I think March. She's had no reaction except her arm being a little sore. She'll get the second one the end of January.

I'll be starting our new thread tomorrow or Friday. Please look for it..

Have a safe and happy New Years Eve/Day. Praying for good health and happiness for us all.....Good Night!

~H~
Respected Contributor

@SleeplessinSD, Amazon had the best price I could find + free shipping. the one I got is called the safety step, 3 step, 2 foot step stool.

I'll be looking for your new thread. I'm so ready to say goodbye to 2020!

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here

did my chores, got my walk in, did wash,in dryer now.

sears is suppose to come today 10-2pm

it is wetting out. Not raining but very dampish.

ok guys later